Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No vpn required after activation.

Gold is for Xbox multiplayer, but can be upgraded to the top tier, Game Pass Ultimate which includes Game Pass for Xbox, For PC and Game Cloud when you buy 1 month of GPU after the Gold subscription is active.

This works out much cheaper than Game Pass by itself or buying GPU on a monthly subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

When you're converting the Gold to Ultimate do the "1 month non stackable" codes work? Or does it have to be the stackable one?

The non stackable codes don't work as they are for a trial subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

So, I've taken the step of signing up for GPU Family and Friends, as it is a saving for the two of us.

There are three other subs to share, in case anyone is interested. Although I suspect most of you have GPU prepaid well in advance, if anyone's sub is up soon and wants in, drop me a message with your email. Your account must be Irish, of course. Other than that, there are no requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭in2dark

What would be the cost? Would i then have all the usual i currently have with my gpu sub? Lile being able to use it on pc and the console?

My sub will expire in a month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

No cost whatsoever. I'm already paying the sub, and the three subs available are going to waste.

Yes, you have GPU as if you paid for it yourself, for as long as I have the F&F sub. However unlikely, if I ever find myself unable or unwilling to continue this sub, I will let you know, so you can find yourself an alternative. Right now, I'm prepaid for the next 2 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 colml cule

Bought a Series X in the gamestop sale and came across this thread when looking into game pass.

Is there a limit on the number of codes you can submit?

For example, if 10 x 3 months codes works out as the cheapest, can I do it this way? Or does it have to be 12 months + 12 months + 6, or could it be 6 months by 5? I'd like to get it done before the price increases.

There is no limit to the codes you can put in as long as the length of the sub doesn't exceed 36 months.

I think the cheapest option atm is going with 6 month subs from CDKeys without messing with a VPN. 6 months of Gold is about €18.40 atm, once you've loaded up on that add 1 month of GPU to convert the full sub to that. Buying 5 x 6 month Gold subs, 1 x 3 month Gold and 1 x 1 month GPU should get you the full 36 months if you accept the free month for turning on auto renew for Gold, turning auto renew off and accepting the free month for turning it on for GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 colml cule

Thanks!

Just got ultimate for 36 months for 111 euro all out, next renewal is June 2026!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

What is the best VPN? I assume I don't need to subscribe. Downloaded tunnelbear but like you said doesn't connect to Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I used Windscribe when I was redeeming codes from memory, it's just a Chrome add on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I didn't use a VPN, used the TOR browser and it was a breeze. From step 4 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Cheers fella, from what steps do you have to repeat when you have to do it again?

Seems you can no longer upgrade to GPU from Gold 1:1 as of today, the normal conversion ratio of 3:2 now applies.

It's still cheaper to do this than buy 2 years of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It is still working for now or they've stopped the 1:1 already?

Was going to grab a Series S and three years of GP next week so it's a bit of a pain if it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just so people know it's €32 for a year of gold in Turkey on eneba right now. If you get those and then upgrade to gamepass you'll get your 2 years for in around €100. Still a decent deal

It's already finished, 3 years of Gold will now convert to 2 years of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

We had a good run, never thought it would last as long as it did! Still value to be had at the 3:2 ratio. Topped up the 3 years last December so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just saw it on reddit :(

I'll have to console myself with the 2+ years of GPU I have left. As above, surprised I was able to get another go-round last year, thought it would have been long ceased. If I can do 2 years of GPU for the same price as 3 last time (<£70), I still don't think that's bad at all, £2.92 per month. I don't know what the real cost is but I know it ain't that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭wassie

First post needs to be changed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've updated it with a note for now, I'll fully update it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Will two years convert to one then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My last stacked 3 years ran out last week.

Managed to get 25 months Ultimate for €75 by getting 3 12 months Turkey Live codes from Eneba (GGDbrs4j8 gives 8% off, which is basically their processing fee, and Revolut have 3% instant cash back) then got one month Ultimate on the Xbox for €1. Still great value.

Post edited by Mimikyu on

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

Ah lads I'm still raging they changed the conversion. I had 3 years of Gold ready to go but said I'd hold off redeeming for a while. In the meantime my Ultimate expired and I redeemed a Lucozade code for a month. So I got a month free but lost 12 months paid 😂 i wish they gave us notice they were changing the rates as MS Support can cancel subs early for ye to redeem a better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

In fairness, I'm surprised I was able to do it last year, I fully expected the conversion to be gone by that stage. That extra month was just a bit greedy tbh

Still, as above, I'll not complain at €75 for 25 months and I'll be glad of that option should it exist when I go looking in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭wassie

I posted this in another thread - may be of interest to anyone with existing GPU wanting to extend their current sub based on new conversion ratios.

I wanted to try out the conversion, so I purchased 3 x '3 month Xbox Live Gold' keys (i.e. 9 months total) from Eneba for a total cost of €26.85.

• My GPU was due to expire on 20 Nov 2025.
    • For a 3:2 conversion, I was expecting my new date to be 20 May 2026 (i.e. 2 months + 2 months + 2 months)
    • However, after redeeming the codes (they are redeemed individually), my new expiry date is 04 May 2026.
    • So I was expecting 180 days, but in reality only got 164 days.

According to the Xbox Gold Upgrade FAQ, they list conversion rates as below, which would suggest I should of only gotten 150 days - however this list may not be current as it does state conversion ratio subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My sub is due to expire Feb 2024 yet I got an email stating the monthly cost is increasing next month. I know the conversion rate is changing but find it a bit strange to get a mail like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You're grand, I got the email too and mine doesn't expire until Dec 2025 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hey just noted the conversion rules are changed, per these posts is the conversion even worth the bother now?

My sub is up Jan 2024, I can complain though I was happy to get one shot of the 36month conversion probably didn't use it as much as I should have but I got the value out of it playing halo infinite for months

Advertisement