Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Comer1

It has an 11Kw onboard charger so the max you can get on AC charging is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

What speed were you expecting? Most evs are 11kw on AC, DC for higher.

The slider was probably 50 percent?

Thanks thought I was doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What was your battery percentage on when you started to charge? 20%? 50%? 80%?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Then you should have got the full 11kW, to understand if you have an issue you need to eliminate the charge point so I'd try another charge point and see do you get 11kW when hooked up, if you do then there's no problem with the car/cable.

If you don't get the full 11kW then there's an issue with either your car/cable.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

He got the full 11kW according to his initial post. I think the issue is that he was expecting to get more than 11kW.

11kW is all he is going to get from an AC connection.

He needs to go to a rapid charger and connect up the CCS connector and then he'll be happy!

That's it exactly, haven't a clue what I am doing - will learn slowly😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just fyi... the charging port on the car has two parts to it... you have the top half which has, i think, 7 pins. They are for AC charging.

Below that is usually a cover that you have to take off that exposes two extra pins. They are for DC charging.

You can only get a max of 11kW if connected to a 3-phase AC charge point. At home you would only get 7kW since you will only have single phase there.

If the connector is the bigger connector (called CCS) then it will use the extra two pins and that means you are charging via DC which allows you to go to 100kW+

Look at the link below and the picture at the top right of the page. You can see the CCS and AC(Type 2) connectors so you can easily see which you are using the next time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Charging_System

• Advertisement

Ah, I saw mention of 5kW which threw me.

Shocking the way there's no charging literature from these dealers, met a guy who was charging off AC for months as he never saw the extra two pins which were covered by a second flap (forget what car it was) so he literally had no idea he could CCS and rapid, unreal for us veteran EV folk to see that

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I don't find it shocking at all, the car's are supplied with a manual that covers this information. If somebody is buying a type of product that they are unfamiliar with they should at least give the manual a cursory glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah the matte finish is actually a matte clear lacquer over the car base paint,it's sprays on shiny and dries out dull/matte if you use anything too abrasive like polishes or compound-especially you'll put a shiny patch in the clearcoat,be careful🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Have to say, I was underwhelmed with this car. I tested the 58Kw ( don't think there is any other type in Ireland yet ) and felt it wasn't as punchy as the even the e-niro. The size is great, plenty of room. But it just really lacked the wow factor for me. It's also too quirky - Citroen like. The Sport mode is nothing special.

I seem to be in the minority though as everyone is raving about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No, you're right in saying it is significantly slower to accelerate compared to Kona / eNiro

But it is far quicker away from the lights than any diesel most new Ioniq 5 owners would be coming from...

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Bolands in Waterford just rang me asking if I wanted to upgrade from my (now sold on) Ioniq for an Ioniq 5, so if anyones looking for an Ioniq 5 (not sure are they low on supply) Bolands might have ones going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭denismc

I went for a test drive today and took a couple of snaps of the dark screen layout as I haven't seen any online, a bit too dark imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Likely be a way to adjust the screen brightness to get it to the right level for the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

I see the GOM is reading an estimated 311km on the screen. Can’t see SOC, by any chance can you remember what the SOC was at the time you took the pic Denismc.

Bottom left has the battery percentage - showing 85 %

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭denismc

I can't remember I think it was 80%.

But for the trip I did I was getting 20kWh/100 km which I thought was poor as I was on national roads and hardly went above 100kmh, and I have a very light foot.

I'd say test drives will be folks driving it like they stole it so GOM may not be representative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Took one for a drive, beautiful car. seemed quieter than my 28 Ioniq..When I tapped the windows, the windows felt as though they were double glazed

The car I drove did not have the V2l feature , I cant see a use for this feature

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Can't see a use? What about if the power in your house went? Almost never happened here in the greater Dublin area up to about 3-4 years ago. Now happens regularly and the outages last longer. Only a sign of things to come.

Agree on how quiet it is, probably quieter than any EV I have driven (my Tesla Model S included)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Found out today that the premium plus RWD with gravity gold model's lead time is around September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Saw a lovely silver one driving today. Class road presence. If Elon opens up the network to non Tesla's then I'm definitely looking at one of these over another Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

I placed an order today for a premium plus RWD in matte grey. Forgot to actually asked about the interior colours. Is there only white or do some model get black? We didn't get a choice. I personally prefer white like the one we test drove but noticed some Irish reviewer and dealer has black as the interior?

You can Blame Microsoft's Gigantic Data Centre there in Grangecastle for that, and others to a lesser extent. Too many data centres in West Dublin.

The more they electrify transport will have a huge strain on the grid + the clowns in Government not allowing any more fossil plants. They think we can meet our future needs with wind and solar PV.

Even more disturbing is the restrictions they will impose on the yet to be announced feed in tariff, I read on a farming site the max allowed to the grid will be 3500 Kwh after that you have to give it to the ESB for free and if you're like me where 1 transformer feeds 5 houses, the first connected to the transformer will only be allowed to export. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cars are charged at night when there’s several GW of spare capacity, the electrification of transport won’t make any difference.

if you want PV, size it correctly. Giving out about not building coal and whinging about FIT is a strange mix.

• Advertisement

Where did I mention Coal Ted ? They're not allowed build any more gas plants, Fossil fuels is still a major part of our fuel mix.

The idea of Grid tie is that you get paid for excess and buy it back when you need it meaning you can oversize to send as much to the grid as possible in the longer brighter months to be then used for Winter. Solar PV isn't worth Sh1t unless there's a decent FIT, 3500 Kwh of export is a joke and only 1 household per transformer ? even bigger joke but we'll see for certain whenever there's an official announcement.

Advertisement