Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Thanks for the response.

I looked at the clip and I'm pretty sure those seats are full cloth. The grey material on the seat is definitely cloth (I think). I have not seen anything with a definite half leather seat.

Maybe what I'm expecting is not what they are calling "half leather". To clarify I have a kia sportage at the moment and it has half leather seats. In my vehicle the sides of both the bottom and top half of the seat are leather and the middle of each is cloth. I have not seen any video, image or brochure with this half leather seat which is what I'm expecting in the executive plus ioniq 5. The brochure for the ioniq 5 in England only has leather or cloth choices... no half leather choice from what I can see.

I've ordered the executive plus 72.6kwh and would like to know what kind of finish is on the seat...

Thanks for any help, apologies if this is already discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

Had it confirmed by a dealer today that service intervals for these cars is going to be 30k or 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

No rear wiper? On a hatchback?

I'm assuming the aero is supposed to work to prevent road grime being thrown up onto the rear window but I have my doubts on its effectiveness.

Anyone else here ever had a hatchback without a rear wiper? I reckon it would quickly become an absolute ball ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

I finally found some pictures I think. The"essential" spec in Sweden seems to come with half leather seats (leather/cloth)... I found these pictures in a Swedish carzone like page!

Fair dues! Thank you... They are great pictures... happy with the look of that If we are getting the same spec... hopefully!

The wild variation in spec for each country is non sensical to me but I'm no expert.

• Advertisement

I had found this Swedish video (I think) that has the half leather interior. https://youtu.be/Nwri34Q9e5s

Not the best because they don't show the interior too much. Downloaded the Dutch brochure for the vehicle and it does have the same design half leather design (leather edges, dimpled cloth centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭denismc

The original Ioniq has this feature and I have to say I don't miss having the rear wiper, the car has a camera and parking sensors for reversing which negates having to see out the rear window.

Lol yeah, found that video, that's what got me to check that "essential" spec in Sweden. I'll keep an eye for better videos, good to know Dutch versions could also have them.

I've come across this video, this is what I expect the interior and exterior to look like on the exec plus spec. Excuse the music!! :)

https://youtu.be/oc2zt1KtQEM

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Jog501

Is 170hp on both battery sizes on these cars not very underpowered? Even the ID4 with 204hp has more for a similar price to the exec plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

The Long range battery version has 160kW / 350 Nm. That's about 220hp.

It's only the smaller batter that gets the 125kW (170hp) / 350 Nm engine.

Probably doens't sound like a lot compared to all the very high powered EVs out there. But compared to most SUVs in that category (Tiguan & Co), they generally start off with a 140HP engine with rougly the same amount of torque at peak (and the EV gets that all the way throgh the range).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No one misses it until they need it. Dirty winter driving caked muck on rear windows down a wet motorway looking to see if any cars are racing up behind you when there's a slow in traffic ahead .

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Jog501

Are you sure the standard larger battery has more power? Speaking to a dealer and he said it was the same motor but larger battery in Ireland. The EV database would say otherwise though so you are probably right. The car is much heavier than the Ice equivalents so yes it might be quick off the line but overtaking could be a struggle with that HP on the small battery

Oh, I assumed the website was correct and this is what I got off there. I didn't check with the dealer. I have asked them now and they said they will get back to me.

There is more bhp in the motor with the larger battery, from the Hyundai dealer I spoke to. This seems to carry through to any online videos I've seen with the rwd large battery model.

Thanks @Onlyzeone

I haven’t heard back yet and having the larger battery back version on order, happy to have it confirmed twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Hi all,

went to test drive one yesterday in North-West Dublin, dealer had the Premium 54Kwh version. Lovely car, plenty of space inside, you can really tell the difference of a car designed to be electric. Great visibility in the front and I enjoyed the drive, although was only 10 minutes and it was my very first time driving an EV. So I've bite the bullet and put the order down for the Premium Plus, as I like all the gadget that should come with that version and the sun roof - I have it on my current car and I find hard to go back from there. Delivery expected late March 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If there is a H&M in their name I was talking to them yesterday about a test drive at 12 noon and a potential customer had the car out , Possibly you ! .

How close to list price for the prem plus did it come in at ?

Was there at 5pm though. Were you looking for a Premium Plus too? Their on the road price is 55,195 - RWD (against an RPP of 53,595)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If I go ioniq I would be looking at Prem plus model , still deciding between this , the Kia EV6 and the badge snob in me wants to still consider the Mustang Mach -e

That's a pretty Decent on the road price

• Advertisement

Makes sense. The pricelist I was given in Dundrum for the premium plus 73kWh was 54,495 + metalic paint which was 700, so the exact same.

And no discounts to be had anywhere :-/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Mustang is a crazy price

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Hi, what colour paint did you pick and did the dealer confirm to you the sun roof?

The dealer at first said no sun roof for Irish market even though it has it on the Hyundai website but on their spec sheet there wasn't one. But the next day the dealer rang saying that it will come with it according to Hyundai. So was curious if the dealer confirmed it with you as well?

We went with premium plus and got Galactic grey. Our first pick was gravity gold but no ETA for it so we went with Shooting Star grey but interior only came in black. Expected delivery date is March as well.

I went for phantom black, which accidentally was on the March delivery batch. Regarding the sun roof and other gadgets, especially after reading this thread, was mixed. He said yes for the sun roof, but for example when during the drive I've asked about the BVM (blind spot with side cameras showing up on screen when indicators are on) he was not that sure...and yet these are all part of the Premium Plus spec on the irish Hyundai website. I would expect to have these as listed, as they are part of the package, and price, but as I don't buy cars that often I may being naïve...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Matt Watson review.

I think it looks class.

@aferru Yeah it's pretty standard, sadly. Always do your resarch and confirm with the dealer, preferably in writing. Every dealership has good and bad sales people. Some induviduals are great, know their stuff and will get back to you promtly and politely, others not so much. And if I find someone trustworthy, I always to ask for them by name, even years later

I've had that good and bad experiences. I've been told the wrong engine size, wrong CO2 emmisions and tax levels, even seen clear mistakes (typos?) in EV range claims on dealer spec sheets (they were suggesting 100km less (?!?) WLTP range than the car actually has). To be fair, often it's mistakes and in some occasions incomptetence as opposed to anything more sinister. But sometimes a sales person knows exactly that something is not included, but will give you a standard "I don't know let me check", and hope you don't ask again. Sneaky, but pretty basic sales tactic :-)

Good find, shows very clearly the half leather seats and the black body mouldings. Happy with the look of it... now I just have to wait until March...

Don't know if this has been said but you can have the rear facing camera on the main display while driving forward. That guy from Hyundai naas had it on in his video when he was driving on the motorway. Good quality large rear camera feed while driving hasn't been done that much apparently..

Boards.ie suddenly won't let me post links even though I have posted them before...

If you search under "Brian Doolan at Fitzpatricks Garage Kildare, ioniq 5 evening motorway cruise"... He has the rear facing camera on from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

• Advertisement

Maybe that's because of the lack of back wiper?

Also he's speeding all the way. Don't know if I would post a video of myself going 130 :)

Advertisement