Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

1grand is weird and sounds excessive because I got offered free servicing for the first 3 years when buying an Ioniq 5 premium with Hyundai Avon Motors and also free servicing with other brands like VW, Toyota when I made an enquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was quoted €1200! Never asked what was included for a €240 service on an EV.

Holy. 1200 for how many years of servicing? 240 seems excessive to me considering my old E-Niro cost like 98 first year and 125 the second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭baby fish

The 4th service in year 4 or 60,000KM I believe includes the battery coolant change, supposed to be very expensive, over 500 euro I've been told. I cant get exact price for what each service will cost if done when the time/km is reached, so not possible to compare a service plan to paying as you go.

5 years. I was in too much shock to ask what was covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

EVs aren't new, why is there so much arsing around on pricing and what is/isn't included in service plans? Seems like they're making it up as they go along.

Service plans don't seem much cheaper than what I've paid on my Golf ICE for brake fluids, air filters, cabin filters, spark plugs etc. I've spend €950 on servicing so far after 4 years, this year will probably bring it to €1,150 or so after 5 years.

My sister brought her Kona for its first service after 2 years and I think that was €140?

Looks like. I mean, 3 months ago I was offered free service for 3 years when buying an Ioniq 5 premium and now they try to sell the service for 1200 Euro for new orders? Like wtf.

I wouldn't buy that and I would shop around Hyundai dealers when the first service is due. You will be surprised with the difference in prices.

This was the same with my E-Niro. It went from 180 Euro first service all the way down to 98 Euro and it cost me 4 phone calls and 30min drive.

The €1200 wasn't for a new order, it was February when I ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I'd only be worried about keeping the 15k km service interval if I was on a PCP.

17k km on mine now might get a service after 30k km or year whatever comes first.

I haven't update the SW myself yet to enable SW over the air but the recall SW update should sort that.

Theres nothing to service in an EV, top up some things, brakes and tyres. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,780 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Assuming it's part of keeping your 7 year warranty though... On actually expensive stuff that can go wrong. Perhaps battery warranty is impacted..?

Came up on the thread earlier Hyundai sets the interval at 30k km in the manual but dealers are saying 15k km.

So which do you go by from a legal point. I'm going by the manual 😜. I'll have the argument if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭denismc

When I ordered my car last year the dealer informed me that the service interval was 30k or 2 years, whichever came first.

I think there is an optional "inspection " at 15k which is confusing a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Yes this is correct, confirmed with our dealer this week, it's just an inspection that's required at 15k, in our car now we get a service reminder at every start, we are at around 14,500 kms now. Booking in to get the recall done so will get both done together

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Has anyone received the letter from Hyundai regarding the issue with parking actuator disengaging?

I just got mine today and I need to register with a dealer to get a software update done. I haven't done it yet but what's people expereince with this? Easy and fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

I bought a 5 year service plan for €600 when I bought the car from Mooneys dealer. I was told there was an issue with the Hyundai system so couldn't get the document to me at the time when we were picking up the car. I emailed the dealer a month later and there was still an issue. And that I'm noted on their system to send it out when they have it.

This was back in February and still no document. I actually forgot about it with stuff going on. I'm going to contact the dealer soon.

Has anyone else bought the service plan for €600? The official site is saying €1000 for Ioniq 5 for a 5 year service plan.

Anyone get called for the recall SW update yet. Registered two weeks but heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 outlyer

I was plugging in the car last night and wanted to check the car's software version and I was met with "updating in the background - 5%...." there was mention of new navigation options and something else.

So there it is, the OTA update.

I'll check version and features later

When did you get your car, I thought there was a manual SW update needed first to activate SOTA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 outlyer

Got the car in February and I did the manual update in April or thereabouts. But the update is in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

Just back from test drive in the Ioniq 5. Very impressed. Wife and 2 kids in the back had loads of space (current car is Skoda Superb Estate so we’re used to lots of room). Thinking of putting an order down on the Executive Plus 58 kWh. Salesman mentioned that main difference between Exec and Exec Plus is the heat pump and no heat pump in Exec model means no rapid charging. Any users on here know if that’s accurate and whether the heat pump is worth the additional €4K outlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

That's not accurate. Bit of an explanation on them here.

Basically it extends your range in cold weather and think a lot of people would say it's not that useful in our climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

Thanks for that and the link. So am I correct in assuming that the rapid charging is still doable on the entry level Exec model?

Doesnt feel like the Exec Plus is worth additional 4K to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My Executive Plus has half leather electric seats and a sliding centre console, I don't think the Executive has these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭eagerv

All models have the 600V tech, the heat pump makes no difference to fast charging afaik. The cheapest model will normally hold it’s value best, it is already well equipped. Depends really on what you need. Heat pump is only handy in colder months if you really need the extra bit of range. It will probably never pay for itself otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Yes and tinted rear windows is the other extra I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Unless the dealer meant battery preconditioning before charging but I still don't think the heat pump affects this.

I'm not sure you can order a 58kWh exec plus at moment? 77kWh platinums was all that was available when I was in last

The 58 is all I require so would love to be wrong, even if huge lead time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭baby fish

AFAIK the battery heater (to precondition the battery) is standard on all trims in Ireland, that's what the spec sheet says anyway...

This video by hyundai divides the heat pump into (a) heat pump heating and (b) heat pump air conditioning.

To me this suggests heat pump air conditioning controls cooling the battery temp if required for fast charging. As all cars have air conditioning I presume the battery can be cooled on all trims, and all trims have the battery heater so the battery can be heated on all trims. So you should get the rapid charging even on the executive (without the heat pump) as the battery can be heated or cooled.

The executive is missing the heat pump for the cabin ,although some people suggest just preheat your car while plugged in at home, set climate to auto , and it doesn't effect range to much. I've no real life experience of this , just what I've been told.

At about 14min in this video he turns on everything and the car range is reduced by 28km, so you probably wont need the heat pump unless range is tight

I just noticed the consumption at 52.2 kwh /100km on this car in this video, must be very cold.

What consumption in Ireland would you expect travelling at 120kph in Summer and Winter

Maybe

18 - 25 kwh /100km Summer ??

25 - 30 kwh /100km Winter ??

Advertisement