Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭John arse

Oops forgot,am here in shock watching the irish soccer team😳😳😳

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers Eagerv, I'll give that a go tonight. It worked the first time but didn't last night so I was confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭MakersMark

That's fantastic...about 200mpg in old money...I think

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

yea I double checked my bill and I’m still paying 7c per kWh. I renewed March and my cost went from .05c to .07c per kWh. It’s Energia’s EV plan which was fixed rate when I renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I see that plan now.... 27.43/7.90 for day/night.... its a decent night rate for sure but that day rate is somewhat harsh.

I'm paying 22.65/11.19 myself. So, 3c more than you for night but almost 5c less by day... so you pick your poison I guess! :)

• Advertisement

my day rate is .2413 and night is .0695 incl Vat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont see that plan. Maybe they dont do it anymore.

The EV plan I see is this one

Hang on to what you have with both hands!

I renewed in March, you stated prices increased in April / May so no surprise you can’t see it on Energia website now

Don’t want to derail thread anymore but Yea v happy to have it the way prices are going

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I got a smart metre I'm on a decent flat rate at the moment and charge off solar and work charging 2/3 days a week.

I'm holding out till July to see what the buy back rates will be (for example exported 180 kwh's last month).

Between charging the car, price of batteries and power companies buying power back want to see what the finances would work out before going battery route or day/night metre.

Rumoured to be buying at 75% of the standard rate but let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭fafy

That sounds like a very “wise” plan ! Can’t make an informed decision, until you have ALL the facts

• Advertisement

Has anyone here bought a service plan for the Ioniq 5? I happen to see them listed on the website this morning and was wondering what was included? I know VW used to give four new tyres so trying to figure out if there's value at €1,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pumpkin101

I took out the 5 year service plan back in January, but was priced at €500 at the time. I asked for a schedule of service at the time which the dealer could not give me, but I could see from UK forums that there was a coolant replacement at year 4 which is expensive so I blindly went for the package on the basis that €100 a year wouldn't break the bank. It definitely does not cover wearables like tyres or wiper blades. It is a bit shocking that they are charging at much for ev maintenance as they are for ice cars. €1,000 seems expensive to me and I would definitely want to see what is included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭denismc

Any news on the "ChargeMyHyundai" app being released in Ireland?

Someone posted here a few months back that it was going to be released here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Saw one in white yesterday in Galway, looked terrific, had not seen one in white before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi is any good dash camera that work for the Ioniq 5 and could fit it in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Is the IONIQ 5 Executive Plus available for 2023 delivery. Seriously looking at this. Hoping to grab a test drive in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Unfortunately I'm out of the Ioniq 5 journey. Jan 23 is too long for us to wait for the platinum. Have been waiting since November this year already. Have plumped for a Volvo c40. Best of luck to all here and thanks for the info up to now.

Ordered myself a centre console organiser and an arm rest organiser today. Long lead time but should have them in July.

and

Now just need to get a boot mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Whats the lead time for an i5 ordered today?

Stay Free

Possibly January but anyone with a cancelled July 2022 order have preference for orders next year if they reorder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Really hope this is the case. Mine was cancelled, I’m a bit miffed but I can’t see a better car on the market at the moment for the price point so will to wait and get the platinum and suck up the loss of spec over the premium plus

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D. G.

Hi all, I am about to order an Ioniq 5 for Jan 2023 delivery. I am trying to decide between the Premium LE and the Platinum spec. I have seen on some reviews that the larger 20 inch wheels give a more unsettled ride compared to the 19 inch. Just wondering do any owners of the ioniq 5 with the 20 inch wheels notice this? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ours has the 19" wheels with 55 profile and is very comfortable on Irish roads. No experience of the 20" wheels, but I see the profile is 45, so should be also pretty comfortable. The amount of rubber is larger than most 19 and 20 inch wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

I'm going to assume we got a 2022 order which was 'moved' into the January 2023 cohort. Someone must have pulled their order and the dealership offered it to us. On the phone we were given specific car specs/colours to choose from, so if it was a new order I assume you can put down whatever you would have liked... Luckily one of the options fit the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D. G.

OK thanks, that's good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

I have a Premium Plus with 20 inch wheels 6700 kms covered in Ireland and the U.K. since January. Ride is a tad firmer than with the 17 inch wheels on my previous i40 Executive but not really that much of a difference.

The Platinum will be the 2022 Premium Plus spec plus digital wing mirrors, camera operated rear view mirror and 77kWh battery. The Premium LE is designed to keep the price within the parameters for the grant.

Small correction platinum keeps it in the grant territory has all the previous premium plus stuff excluding things like HDA 2.0, V2L adapter and power sliding seats.

Premium plus LE and premium plus AWD is outside the grant now including the stuff omitted above, digital side mirrors. AWD has all wheel drive obviously enough.

That's as far as I can see anyways.

Have an original Premium plus with 20 inch wheels and is firmer but not uncomfortable at all for me feels a bit more connected to the road for driving.

Ioniq 5 not really sports car so is built for comfort so barely feel it bar if you stick it in sport mode.

I would think that have more to do with what Hyundai is building. Probably easier to build lots in the same colors. I ordered in October last year for January and got the same choices.

Was black or white in my case. Might be adopting the Tesla approach a little there (you'll get a white Tesla faster than any other color).

I was waiting 7 months for a blue Tesla (order August last year and gave up waiting). When an ioniq was available I jumped on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

It is the case that’s direct from what Hyundai Ireland sent to dealers.

Advertisement