Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you need to check your maths. she didnt get anything close to 2000 first preference votes.

I said BETWEEN THEM didn't I. Gemma got 1200ish votes and John got 900ish

2000 out of a combined electorate of 200,000 is pathetic for someone who claims they want to lead the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lads I think you're both arguing the same point really, from different angles. Their combined tallies were pathetic - especially given their fascistic declarations of coups - but given their non-campaigns O'Doherty did better than I would have estimated TBH. "Better" being an entirely relative term here of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

How many of those voters would vote for her again, given her tendancy to turn on her followers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In any given democratic society, you're always going to find a (thankfully) small percentage who think we'd be better off being run by a tyrant or dictator. Brutalise criminals, sack the public service, bring back <insert previous arbiter of moral standards> ... that sort of thing. Maybe given said fascistic inclinations the National Party might come knocking (I've no idea if O'Doherty has already fallen out with Barret's nazi camp)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Pretty sure she has - she's enemies already now with the Tan Torino, Screechy Dee, Ben-of-the-family-Gilroy...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah it wasn't bad really!

But in fairness they weren't coming in cold to the electorate as in Gemma had previously ran in other elections and had her face on a lot of buses for the Euros and John Waters would be very well known in the constituency he ran in, Gemma much less so. She only comes across to the North Side when catching plane or looking for votes and to tell the people of Skerries that they're living in a kip.

Still and all, their tallies fall somewhat short of a mandate to muster a crowd and physically oust the politicians from Leinster House and even further from reality that "when" that happens G+J are ready and willing and able (and liked enough) to take governance of the country.

They did better than I expected in 2020, particularly Gemma, but it was still towards the Insignificant end of the polling stick.

Even if one was to throw all of the far-right runner's votes, like cats into a bag, gave'm a good ol' shake and threw them onto the tally table in the RDS it would still only push the needle into "Ho-hum" levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

That's a bit disingenuous to say that they only had an online platform as if they were coming in ice cold and no-one had ever heard of them before.

Both of them were relatively well known in their own ways for a few years before the election. John Waters had been involved in Journalism for years. On chat/debate shows on TV...involved with the Eurovision.

Gemma...she made a bit of a name for herself in her campaign to get added to the ticket for the Presidential election a few years previous. Since that she pops up in the national media once or twice a year for whatever looney stunt she's pulling at the time.

I certainly wouldn't go as far as to say that everyone knows them, but an awful lot more people know who they are and what they stand for than all the other also-rans they are lumped in with at the bottom of the polls. So, instead of people not voting for them because they didn't know what they were about and hadn't heard their message, they actually did know them - knew they were loonies - and decided not to vote for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

You'd wonder why they do it. Both were in their day reasonably talented, popular journalists who probably could have made a good living from journalism. But they then decided to "cancel" themselves while wasting money on high court challenges. Its like they want to be poor or something. There is no popular support for what they want, they will never get elected to anything, they will always be on the fringe where they belong.

• Advertisement

I think most people expected Gemma to do William DJ Gorman bad in the general election.

a custody battle turned waters in a very bitter man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seeing as she had got 4% in the bye-election earlier in the year in the same constituency, I doubt anyone here thought she'd get a comedy result in the GE.

But if it makes you feel better to label it a result which totally confounded her critics, then you know, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Oh my... Dee was up at the Park today...

https://twitter.com/IrlagainstFash/status/1430624255386038273

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Jesus...hahaha! Maths wouldn't be a strong point.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

What did Gemma and Dee fall out with each other over?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

I'm intrigued that she feels mRNA is not essential to life. I'd like to see her try to do without it, would do us all a favour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Kinda unknown but Gemma fell out with Dee first and kinda got Dee on the back foot.

Dee released a vid of 40 minutes praising Gemma and at much the same time Gemma was releasing a vid pouring toxin on Dee. I kinda felt sorry for Dee.

At a guess I'd say there's only room for one general in Gemma's world and that's Gemma. Dee had been making friends and she associates herself with a number of different groups. I've previously pointed out the Dee was falling in with the new kid on the block- Sandra Giltrap and I think this would drive Gemma potty.

Gemma is one of those people doesn't share friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 aciquestion

I'd agree with all of that.

In her (first!) **** you Dolores video, Gemma mentioned a couple of things that annoyed her -

1) A video Dolores put out saying that Gemma was facing jail if she continued to breach the injunction that Beaumont have out against her. This video came in the wake of one wherein Gemma said that she was facing jail if she continued to breach the injunction that Beaumont have out against her so it's unclear why she took umbrage at this.

2) Dolores reposted one of Gemma's videos without her permission. Anyone who's visited Gemma's site may find this amusing as her own video player is full of other people's content that she's unlikely to have gotten permission for.

3) Dolores appeared at an event with Dolores Cahill after Gemma warned that anyone who did so would be a traitor to Ireland (joining the ranks of those who shop at Lidl, Aldi and Tesco)

She later cited Webster stopping a crowd from getting stomped outside the Convention Centre as proof of her treachery.

Dolores does seem to have been caught off-guard and left a little upset by all of this but whether that's down to her feelings genuinely being hurt or the loss of her sugar mommy remains unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

News on twitter that Dolores Webster was arrested in the Phoenix Park last night on a bench warrant for not appearing in court. In court this morning. That'll provide the content for her rant videos for the next while I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aciquestion

Will Paddy Power give me odds for Gemma dismissing Webster's arrest as a "false flag operation" ?

Gemma got mad jealous that Dee started hanging out with groups like the yellow vests and health freedom Ireland and that these groups were able to draw out hundreds of protesters, unlike her protests which were much much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Excuse my ignorance of these, what many consider to be, “wackjobs”, is der the same person as Dolores Cahill or are there more of them than I though. I’ve chosen my words carefully so that I don’t get sued haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

So there's Dolores Cahill and Dolores Webster (aka Dee Wall as she calls herself). Two different people who move in the same anti-everything circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No; Dee Wall is also known as Dolores Webster. She is an entirely different person to Dolores Cahill.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Convicted and given a suspended sentence. She's lodged an appeal already...... naturally

https://jrnl.ie/5561272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,571 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

She's appealing. I wonder how is she funding her activities?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement