Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Huber (aka Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ciaran2054 wrote: »
    It’s the word ‘forever’ that makes this so impossible to process.

Accoridng to Big E, he always said 'goodbye forever' as a joke before hitting the road.

Some sad stuff right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The amount of tweets about him proves how good he was to people. Even Vince McMahon recognising Jon's passing is something I didn't expect. AEW retweeting almost all mentions of him is a testament to how much they care about him. Wrestling organisations forgetting about rivalries and banding together in this moment is amazing yet heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are all this week's shows taped already?
    Just thinking about any possible tributes would be inserted rather than be part of the show.
    And what to do about Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are all this week's shows taped already?
    Just thinking about any possible tributes would be inserted rather than be part of the show

They could probably do it on Being The Elite - cut his best moments from whichever episodes he appeared in, and compile all the bloopers or out-takes from filming into one massive tribute episode.

Also ProWrestlingTees have confirmed that ALL proceeds from his merch sales, either from them or the AEW shop will go towards his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very sad

Illness is so cruel, he always seemed in great shape and was only performing weeks ago :(

Was he in ring wrestling with AEW until recently?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Accoridng to Big E, he always said 'goodbye forever' as a joke before hitting the road.

Some sad stuff right there.

He used to say that to everyone when he was going back to spend time with his wife and kids. He said it because he wanted the time he spent with them to feel like forever.

So ****ing sad. So horrible.

Life can be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus Bruce Mitchell is some prick. Not 24hrs removed, and he's all but calling Lee's wife a liar, saying that it had to be Covid related and AEW are covering it up.

Basically guessing that Jon had Covid and suffered lung complications as a result

What an absolute tool. His son was at taping 2 weeks ago like. If Jon had Covid, does anyone, in their right mind, think that the mother would allow her child into similar surroundings, where Bruce is alleging Jon caught Covid?

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/12/27/mitchell-column-why-the-questions-surrounding-brodie-lees-death-are-important/

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jesus Bruce Mitchell is some prick. Not 24hrs removed, and he's all but calling Lee's wife a liar, saying that it had to be Covid related and AEW are covering it up.

Basically guessing that Jon had Covid and suffered lung complications as a result

What an absolute tool. His son was at taping 2 weeks ago like. If Jon had Covid, does anyone, in their right mind, think that the mother would allow her child into similar surroundings, where Bruce is alleging Jon caught Covid?

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/12/27/mitchell-column-why-the-questions-surrounding-brodie-lees-death-are-important/

His body isnt even cold for christ sake. Im sure considering the time of year it will be a while before any cause if death is truly determined.

Bruce can surely not know for sure how Jon died nor can he say with certainty that Covid contributed to his death.

Bruce needs to fcuk off. Who cares how he died, the man who was clearly adored by so many has passed. Let people come to terms with it before you start mouthing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Can wrestling journalists not use their Brains and show a bit of compassion. Meltzer did the same when Bruno died. ****ing tone deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I don’t even want to read about that article like what’s the point in it let the man rest in peace and give his family and friends time to grieve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Likely just looking for clicks/traffic.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Likely just looking for clicks/traffic.

I litertally dont get it. Its ridiculous to even think like this hours after the mans death. Disgusting behaviour

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I litertally dont get it. Its ridiculous to even think like this hours after the mans death. Disgusting behaviour

And yet I checked the person in question and he’s being praised for his “heroic” article. There may well be questions to answer but not 24 hours after the event. Time and place comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Never heard of Bruce Mitchell and after that will never listen/read a word he says

What a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The family I'm sure in time will look for their own answers. It should go without saying that everyone else can wait.

I don't follow Mitchell much but he comes across as a clown here, isn't he the one that an old popular poster of ours gets into it with on Twitter all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jesus watching that BTE ep all I could think was that the guy had some pipes on him with all that roaring.

Listening to the clip Alvarez uploaded from Wrestling Observer Live, Meltzer said something first happened when Brodie was training. He got very tired during his workout and couldn't understand why.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,964 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jesus watching that BTE ep all I could think was that the guy had some pipes on him with all that roaring.

Listening to the clip Alvarez uploaded from Wrestling Observer Live, Meltzer said something first happened when Brodie was training. He got very tired during his workout and couldn't understand why.

This has hit me as hard as Owen's and Eddie's death

Okay. I was thinking it had to be something very recent because with
    WWE and AEW presumably he had medical check ups and if there was an issue it would have been picked up before than. I’ve been reading the tweets from his fellow wrestlers and he’s Owen hart level of being a good person. I’ve not seen anything less than glowing praise and the main emotion is genuine shock. That’s rare in a business which at times can be less than perfect. I also think why it’s hit people harder is because unlike other wrestlers who’ve died young(baring Brian pilman) there’s been a reason or something that could be pointing to from their past which would lessen the awful “why.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'd be curious to hear how he died. Like a seemingly fit 41 year old dying all of a sudden is shocking.

Was he a smoker by any chance?
    I'd normally not assume a top level wrestler smokes due to the level their at. But Orton smokes..... Or at least had (video out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd be curious to hear how he died. Like a seemingly fit 41 year old dying all of a sudden is shocking.

Was he a smoker by any chance?
    I'd normally not assume a top level wrestler smokes due to the level their at. But Orton smokes..... Or at least had (video out there)

Apparently he was hospitalized for a few weeks after losing the TNT title for a lung issue

Illness takes so many forms and for some people it does not affect them physically. Roman Reigns still looked in terrific shape when he was sick a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to hear this. I liked him in the Wyatt Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

This Wednesdays show will celebrate the life of Jon Huber.

The night is intended to honour Jon Huber and his family.

Will be very emotional.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1343691866835980292?s=19

Really nice write up and tribute from Moxley

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/12/28/brodie-lee-joe-moxley

Every member of Dark Order will be in a match which is great

And they let -1 (Brodie Jr) pick a match which is really sweet.

Jesus it will be a tear jerker of a night.

Every member of Dark Order will be in a match which is great

And they let -1 (Brodie Jr) pick a match which is really sweet.

Jesus it will be a tear jerker of a night.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1343694003720638476?s=19

Is it live?

Id say they'll be a few tears

Headshot wrote: »
    Is it live?

Id say they'll be a few tears

Yep.

Definitely will be really sad.

• Advertisement

Class act by AEW. Glad theyve gone with a tribute show and letting -1 pick a match is a nice touch.

It would shock me if this isnt the most watched dynamite ever. Must see TV that no one wishes they were watching.

AEW appear to be doing their bit by paying tribute and taking care of the family.

I will be tuning in for the begining of Raw just to see the tribute.

Advertisement