Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jon Huber (aka Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »

Jesus is right, totally unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wow that’s heartbreaking news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What’s that? I won’t go near anything Facebook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.facebook.com/AllEliteWrestling/posts/732933984024718

What a shock :eek::eek::eek:

My thoughts are with his family, friends and all those affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What’s that? I won’t go near anything Facebook!

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1343006487988342786?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's absolutely shocking. Rest in peace.

Only 41 too, very much remember him more for been Luke Harper in WWE but have heard amazing things about the Brodie Lee character. Devastating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That is tragic may he RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,636 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm nearly in tears after reading of Jon's passing

What horrible news, absolutely gutted for his family.

You listen to his interviews (last one one on AEW unrestricted) and just came across so well and just a really nice bloke

A very sad day for the wrestling world

Was he sick ?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was he sick ?

Nobody knows outside the AEW bosses what the story is

It was top secret as to the reason he was not wrestling but we know why now that was something seriously wrong :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Am absolutely gobsmacked here!

Absolutely loved him since he joined AEW and his dominating win over Cody when he won the TNT Championship gave me goosebumps.

Am in disbelief here.

May Jon Huber a.k.a. Brodie Lee Rest In Peace.

Headshot wrote: »
    Nobody knows outside the AEW bosses what the story is

It was top secret as to the reason he was not wrestling but we know why now that was something seriously wrong :(:(

Reminding me of Chadwick Boseman's sudden tragic passing earlier this year

Whatever the reason for Jons passing its very tragic :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

His wife posted on IG that it was a non Covid related lung issue...

Terribly sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Jesus. Speechless. So terribly sad. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like it was due to a non Covid related lung issue according to his wife.

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks like it was due to a non Covid related lung issue according to his wife.

Very sad

Illness is so cruel, he always seemed in great shape and was only performing weeks ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Shocked. Looked the picture of health and still had a good decade or more of wrestling career left. RIP Brodie Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Absolutely shocking about Brodie Lee, and just after Christmas as well. Rest in Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Terrible year for young wrestler deaths really. Brodie Lee, Shad Gaspard, Hana Kimura.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

As wrestling fans we're not unaccustomed to premature deaths of wrestlers. In saying that any wrestlers dying way before their time is heartbreaking. I don't even want to imagine how his family are right now. Thank you Luke Harper, thank you Brodie Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The tributes pouring in for Brodie/Jon tell you everything you need to know about the man. Beyond shocked at this news and genuinely feel sorrow for his family and friends. On a professional level, I’m glad he got to have a good run and show some personality and character.

Sleep well big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Gutted beyond belief. Met him mania week a few years back. A utter gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He was always great craic in WWE as part of the Wyatt Family but his antics in AEW were fantastic. That match with Cody was epic.

I'm absolutely shocked by this hope he went without pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Christ, it's not just because of coronavirus that people want to see the back of 2020 so badly. Such an unbelievably ****ty year. I thought Chadwick Boseman would be the only shock of this ilk in 2020 but this ****ing year has decided to work overtime in its final days. Bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I dont think I can quite capture just what I really want to say about Brodie. Such a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Terrible news to wake up to this morning.

Bray Wyatt’s tribute was really touching too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It seems everyone from an array of companies from backyards to big leagues say pretty much the same things about him. First and foremost that he was all about his family. That’s something I love to hear. Also that the man was humble and a gentle giant. Genuinely hit by this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Terrible news, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Heartbreaking so young with a young family and at this time of year

His role as the leader of the Dark Order was getting better and better with them becoming such a good faction and he was working some of the best matches i've seen from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw this late last night and did a WTF. Jesus 41 is no age to be dying. I’ve heard him talk on a podcast as he came across as someone who loved and understood the business. So non Covid related lung condition. I’m reading the replies in this thread and it’s true, what do you or can you say. It’s genuinely shocking news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That is a shock.
    Rest in Peace and best wishes to his family

It would be a nice tribute by AEW to have “it’s Wednesday.. you know what that means” as the tag line for dynamite and a tribute to Brodie

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I have never seen an outpouring of tributes, shock and grief from wrestlers like I am seeing for Jon now. It tells you everything really.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

This is totally shocking. Can’t believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Terrible news, absolutely shocked to hear this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was out for a walk and the fact he was only 41 is the most tragic thing. I turn 36 in January and that’s a bit shocking that someone that young who appeared perfectly healthy is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im absolutely in shock. I cant process this yet.

41... like come on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Awful news. Remember the early CZW buzz for him and it was all fully justified.

Kinda lost my interest in wrestling while he was in the Wyatt family but always found it really cool that he'd made it.

Your heart would go out to his very young family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Such a great talent gone so young, especially as his role with The Dark Order was showing how great he can be if given the opportunity.

What is the whole "It's Saturday, you know what that means" meaning?

Just thinking how fun it could of been if they had Luke Harper in the Firefly Fun House

Such a great talent gone so young, especially as his role with The Dark Order was showing how great he can be if given the opportunity.

What is the whole "It's Saturday, you know what that means" meaning?

I think if I recall correctly from his appearance on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, "it's Saturday/whatever day of the week, you know what that means" was him in a tongue in cheek way counting down until his WWE contract expired.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was out for a walk and the fact he was only 41 is the most tragic thing. I turn 36 in January and that’s a bit shocking that someone that young who appeared perfectly healthy is dead.

Had a similar thought. I was 39 on Wednesday

His AEW Unrestricted podcast appearance, if anyone missed it first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad. Very sad. 41 years old and was in his prime of his career. Made a name in WWE for himself and now was making a bigger name for himself in AEW.

Could have wrestled for another 10 years (more even) providing for his family more.

But it all came to and end abruptly at Christmas of all times.

Rip dude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Tragic stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

R.I.P.
    Shocking and sad.
    41 is no age.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread was the first thing I read online this morning and it's still not sunk in properly. Awfully sad news, and clearly an unimaginable loss to everyone who knew him.

There's a lot of crossover between AEW & WWE wrestlers over the news.

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1343028895021457409

• Advertisement
Advertisement