Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Huber (aka Brodie Lee, Luke Harper) RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Heartbreaking so young with a young family and at this time of year

His role as the leader of the Dark Order was getting better and better with them becoming such a good faction and he was working some of the best matches i've seen from him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw this late last night and did a WTF. Jesus 41 is no age to be dying. I’ve heard him talk on a podcast as he came across as someone who loved and understood the business. So non Covid related lung condition. I’m reading the replies in this thread and it’s true, what do you or can you say. It’s genuinely shocking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That is a shock.
    Rest in Peace and best wishes to his family

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

It would be a nice tribute by AEW to have “it’s Wednesday.. you know what that means” as the tag line for dynamite and a tribute to Brodie

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I have never seen an outpouring of tributes, shock and grief from wrestlers like I am seeing for Jon now. It tells you everything really.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

This is totally shocking. Can’t believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Terrible news, absolutely shocked to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was out for a walk and the fact he was only 41 is the most tragic thing. I turn 36 in January and that’s a bit shocking that someone that young who appeared perfectly healthy is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im absolutely in shock. I cant process this yet.

41... like come on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Awful news. Remember the early CZW buzz for him and it was all fully justified.

Kinda lost my interest in wrestling while he was in the Wyatt family but always found it really cool that he'd made it.

Your heart would go out to his very young family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Such a great talent gone so young, especially as his role with The Dark Order was showing how great he can be if given the opportunity.

What is the whole "It's Saturday, you know what that means" meaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just thinking how fun it could of been if they had Luke Harper in the Firefly Fun House

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Such a great talent gone so young, especially as his role with The Dark Order was showing how great he can be if given the opportunity.

What is the whole "It's Saturday, you know what that means" meaning?

I think if I recall correctly from his appearance on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, "it's Saturday/whatever day of the week, you know what that means" was him in a tongue in cheek way counting down until his WWE contract expired.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was out for a walk and the fact he was only 41 is the most tragic thing. I turn 36 in January and that’s a bit shocking that someone that young who appeared perfectly healthy is dead.

Had a similar thought. I was 39 on Wednesday

His AEW Unrestricted podcast appearance, if anyone missed it first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad. Very sad. 41 years old and was in his prime of his career. Made a name in WWE for himself and now was making a bigger name for himself in AEW.

Could have wrestled for another 10 years (more even) providing for his family more.

But it all came to and end abruptly at Christmas of all times.

Rip dude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Tragic stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

R.I.P.
    Shocking and sad.
    41 is no age.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread was the first thing I read online this morning and it's still not sunk in properly. Awfully sad news, and clearly an unimaginable loss to everyone who knew him.

There's a lot of crossover between AEW & WWE wrestlers over the news.

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1343028895021457409

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,370 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Bray wyatt's tribute on instagram is a tough read

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bray wyatt's tribute on instagram is a tough read

Link for someone who doesnt do or have instagram account?

Any further information on what his illness was or what happened? I know it was described as a non covid Lung related issue.. when did he last wrestle?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Headshot wrote: »

https://www.pwmania.com/bray-wyatt-comments-on-the-death-of-jon-huber

I'm one of those people, here's how I came across it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqPW__HW4AAVyLD?format=jpg&name=medium

EqPW__HW4AAVyLD?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://www.pwmania.com/bray-wyatt-comments-on-the-death-of-jon-huber

I'm one of those people, here's how I came across it

****ing hell that's a tough read, im not going to lie I have a few tears in my eye.

I'm glad in a sense Jon got go out on a high that he was TNT champ and transformed the Dark Order.

He was one of my favorite wrestlers in AEW and his BTE bits were just so damn funny.

Gutted tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    EqPW__HW4AAVyLD?format=jpg&name=medium

It’s the word ‘forever’ that makes this so impossible to process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hard to reconcile that the same man we saw put on one of the most compelling matches in AEW since its conception is now gone.

Fcuking hate this sh1t, the whys are enough to drive someone mad.

Advertisement