Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit issues / bike24.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

unimpressed with Alltricks - first order from them, some brake pads. Listed as "in stock", as soon as I ordered it was marked as "awaiting supply" and now 2 weeks later they've cancelled the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

eeeee wrote: »
    Ordered from Rose on the 5th of Jan and it arrived yesterday :pac:

I ordered mudguards from Rose a couple of weeks ago, and they arrived via DHL a few days later. So must be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

deporvillage ordered sunday arrived friday (via spain and germany !) GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Bike Discount still not accepting orders fromIreland as far as I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭prunudo

C3PO wrote: »

Thats odd, I got a delivery from them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I only got an order from them lastweek and bike 24 the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I've purchased mudguards from them last week, the tracing shows the parcel has been booked, but not dispatched yet. Must investigate..... :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I was on their site today, no Ireland in the country option for me.

CramCycle wrote: »

Edit.

Yeah, just checked myself, allows you go all the way through to checkout and then says address incomplete when you go to complete order. Then no Ireland in list of country's, same with both dpd or dhl.

prunudo wrote: »
    Edit.

Yeah, just checked myself, allows you go all the way through to checkout and then says address incomplete when you go to complete order. Then no Ireland in list of country's, same with both dpd or dhl.

I just tried again there myself and all good the usual 9.99 dpd shipping. I have registered an account with them though so maybe you haven't and Ireland is missing from the guest checkout.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I just tried again there myself and all good the usual 9.99 dpd shipping. I have registered an account with them though so maybe you haven't and Ireland is missing from the guest checkout.

Yeah, unfortunately as my bank statement shows, I have an account. Still wouldn't allow to proceed to sale though. Will check again now.

prunudo wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately as my bank statement shows, I have an account. Still wouldn't allow to proceed to sale though. Will check again now.

I'm also paying through paypal which auto populates the address I think.

Just to be clear, Bike24 is fine, its Bike Discount which no longer works for me, no Ireland in the country menu, in the registration menu etc.

Just to be clear, Bike24 is fine, its Bike Discount which no longer works for me, no Ireland in the country menu, in the registration menu etc.

It was bike discount I was referring to but just to see if the sale would go through I tried to buy something and sure enough address incomplete popped up. Strange as I ordered on the 11th Feb no issues at all.

50985215523_de5d180270_w.jpg

I received a reply from my enquiry to Bike Discount yesterday - apparently they are not accepting Irish orders until the VAT rate changes back to 23% on Monday when they will reopen the site to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Has anyone ordered from bike-discount.de recently. Used them twice before without issue and tried to place another order. When I went to checkout, it said that my address was incomplete. When I tried to edit my address, it says that they don't deliver to Ireland. The drop down menu had most other countries but not Ireland. Anyone come across this??

Mods, please delete this post, found the info in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Was having a look at their site the other day and was left not a little bemused by the fact that they have distinctly separate shipping options for UK vs Northern Ireland, I presume on account of all things Brexit, but no shipping options for Ireland.

I received a reply from my enquiry to Bike Discount yesterday - apparently they are not accepting Irish orders until the VAT rate changes back to 23% on Monday when they will reopen the site to us!

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten it was temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaSz

I ordered parts from bike discount last week and got them with in a week. I had another order 3 weeks ago and it took them a week to deliver as well. Never had any issues with bikediscount. I'm living i Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I noticed for some items they specify if delivery isn't available in Republic of Ireland. I ordered stuff from them in January with no issues.

• Advertisement

See here, apparently it's to do with the Irish VAT rate changing today and they hope to be back in operation this week.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143373&page=22

They have re-added Ireland as an option - I placed an order today and all appears to have proceeded okay. Significantly cheaper than alternatives!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

They have re-added Ireland as an option - I placed an order today and all appears to have proceeded okay. Significantly cheaper than alternatives!

Any update on your order?? I put in an order on Monday and got an order confirmation but no shipping notification yet? I normally get one the next day. Has your order been dispatched yet??

Duzzie wrote: »
    Any update on your order?? I put in an order on Monday and got an order confirmation but no shipping notification yet? I normally get one the next day. Has your order been dispatched yet??

Yes - I got a shipping notification early yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody ever order off ProOwned Cycling? If so, any issues with them? I believe they are Danish so hopefully they should be Brexitproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Any one got experience with Bikeinn & their shipping times?

Ordered something on 2 March and its apparently been dispatched and maybe arrived in Ireland a week ago....but I've still not received it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody ever order off ProOwned Cycling? If so, any issues with them? I believe they are Danish so hopefully they should be Brexitproof.

Mate bought a sky Dogma F10 frameset off them. He's very happy with the frame and it's been built into a beautiful bike but he was a bit miffed at the lack of care taken by them in shipping. It was just chucked loosely into a box, not secured and not even wiped clean with a bit of a rag. Very bad form imo considering the cost of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dr cannondale in germany I've been using for some cannondale spares. even throw in a free reusable mask with the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Nimil

Anyone ordered off pure-bike.co.uk before? Based in France. I've never heard of them but they have plenty of good reviews and some drivetrain components they claim to have in stock I can't find anywhere else. Although it's been at "last in stock" for a week so I'm not sure if they actually have it or just haven't updated their website.

Advertisement