Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit issues / bike24.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Are you sure that wasn't Fartway causing you the problems?

There is a common theme here....

No. Def not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good result then.

Hopefully it wasn't just blind luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Anyone know any decent sites to buy quality cycling kit for a 10 year old, cant find anything that has a reasonable range for a winter kit, poor fella I brought him out last week and he was frozen, the gaa gloves and Connacht rugby jacket didn’t help much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭prunudo

dahat wrote: »
    CRC order submitted Monday & delivered by Fastway this morning, shocked was an understatement.

Same, ordered from Crc on Sunday and arrived today via fastway. When I ordered it said 8 days for delivery so wasn't even looking at the tracking yet. Pleasantly surprised considered the 2 companies involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

Masala wrote: »
    Hi ..... I order an item for €50++ and paid the price as displayed.

When I get delivery I will come back and update as to what happened with VAT/Customs etc if there is any charges etc. (I dont expect delivery for at least 2-3 weeks with the way things are going! )

Hi All..... just an update.

May package arrived from Wiggle today 29th Jan.... less than 5 days after ordering. Was down for delivery before 08 Feb!! So- 10/10 for that

Also - and most importantly - no VAT or Customs payable. So - Wiggle is true to its word that 'all Import Fees and Charges' are included in the price.

Top Marks to Wiggle.....

regards to all

• Advertisement

Let's not get too carried away. The price of the item went up to cover the charge.

Instead of paying it at the door you paid it in the transaction. It's the least the retailer could do to keep the business to be honest.

Under €150 it's all much of a muchness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Let's not get too carried away. The price of the item went up to cover the charge.

Instead of paying it at the door you paid it in the transaction. It's the least the retailer could do to keep the business to be honest.

Under €150 it's all much of a muchness.

But at least I could I knew ALL my costs in advance. I was willing to spend €50 for this item at MAX. I didn't want to pay €40 and then wait to see what charges and fees An Post or DHL decided to pluck out of the air.

Like I said, it's the least a reputable retailer can do for a customer, especially to retain business.

I'm aware some don't, and maybe it's time to stop shopping with them 'til they sort their sh1t out. Let's not start believing any of them are doing us a favour or going above and beyond - that's a rabbit hole of expectation management at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Looking at 105 pedals and Shimano RC3 shoes, bike components have a good price and return shipping for €5 is reasonable if needed. Anyone know who they ship with?

Bike24 have a 4 month wait listed on the pedals so won't bother there, any other non-CRC suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Looking at 105 pedals and Shimano RC3 shoes, bike components have a good price and return shipping for €5 is reasonable if needed. Anyone know who they ship with?

Bike24 have a 4 month wait listed on the pedals so won't bother there, any other non-CRC suggestions?

Use PayPal for free returns, you can claim I think 8 returns per year with PayPal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bike Components use DPD for me (although I'm in France)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

DHL and then passed over to An Post, normally arrives the day An Post manage to update their system to say they have it. Shipping varies from 3 to 7 days as they seem to wait for enough parcels to fly over here (complete guess, it does get held in their outbound airport for the most amount of time). Overall very happy with Bike Components.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I ordered a few things from Bike24 last Monday (Feb 1st). It was dispatched using DHL and as of yesterday it was in Dublin. The latest shipment update using the DHL tracking number is that it appears to be in Belfast... I live in Galway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

I'm so sick of An Post (I'm looking at a parcel in London since last Monday, it's just a simple pivot bushing, nothing large, should fit in the letterbox!), and every other carrier as well. At this point I'm wondering if they're purposefully holding all my stuff, parcels from January, from anywhere in the EU it doesn't matter, or NI, or UK, everything is taking literally weeks to arrive.

And you can't even ask why, because the answer will always be "COVID" or "brexit", and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

That's more likely Royal Mails fault than An Post, An POst only take over once it arrives here, it will be who ever their associated carrier is over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Have to say bike components germany very fast and also ace stickers in spain , im still waiting on disc rotors from probike kit ordered 6 weeks ago :mad:they changed from dpd to hermes so hopefully get them this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

we all give out about the likes of alixpress but at least they will actually ship :D how are the EU stores at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I ordered a few things from Bike24 last Monday (Feb 1st). It was dispatched using DHL and as of yesterday it was in Dublin. The latest shipment update using the DHL tracking number is that it appears to be in Belfast... I live in Galway :confused:

At least you've gotten an update. I ordered on the 30th and only received a receipt of order. I don't like in their small print it states we hold orders until we can fulfil them. I usually use bike discount and they're always on the ball.

*** I'm beginning to think my house is bugged ***

I **** you not I just wrote this comment only to hear a knock on the door and run down stairs to no one but this :D I'm glad I'm working from home today. :eek:

50922288536_2608ea61a1_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My Bike24 shipment is on quite the merry-go-round...
    As I said in the post above, it arrived in Dublin but then went to Belfast. Well it was then sent back to Dublin... and then straight back up to Belfast... and as of this morning it's back in Dublin again according to the tracking results :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

The ironic thing is that Amazon.co.uk is working pretty efficiently again now ... the EU companies seem to be the issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭easygoing39

we all give out about the likes of alixpress but at least they will actually ship :D how are the EU stores at this stage?

This.Ordered a more aero out front Garmin mount on the 2/2/21 and got an e mail to say it landed in Ireland yesterday,7/2/21.Hopefully An Post wont take to long to get it to my gaff.

C3PO wrote: »
    The ironic thing is that Amazon.co.uk is working pretty efficiently again now ... the EU companies seem to be the issue!

If you want to order from Amazon, you can just use one of the other districts like Spain or Germany, stuff is often cheaper there. Look at the mobile phone forum and there is alot of savings to be had. I dislike Amazon so makes no odds to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

CRC have increased their price for sales Rep of Irl, and EU, certainly on bikes anyway. A Vitus I was looking for last week was £1099 is now £1199 and to Irl. It’s €1749

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thats a massive increase!
    I checked a recent order with them (for SwissStop brakes and Assos Ass cream) and the prices were still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

it comes down to rules of origin - as far as I understand it if something is produced originally in the eu/uk, and imported to the uk, it can be sold out of the UK tariff free. If something is produced originally outside of the eu/uk then tariffs apply. most bike frames are made outside of the eu/uk so tarrifs apply. In the case of swissstop, they are made in Switzerland, where an FTA exists, hence they probably don't attract tariffs, and don't have a subsequent price rise, but bike frames and predominantly manufactured outside of the EU/UK and do attract tariffs. None of this was unexpected - but sovrinty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Lemon3 wrote: »
    CRC have increased their price for sales Rep of Irl, and EU, certainly on bikes anyway. A Vitus I was looking for last week was £1099 is now £1199 and to Irl. It’s €1749

It's worse for those in the UK, all European bike sellers have increased their prices and some are refusing to sell to UK residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

lennymc wrote: »
    it comes down to rules of origin - as far as I understand it if something is produced originally in the eu/uk, and imported to the uk, it can be sold out of the UK tariff free. If something is produced originally outside of the eu/uk then tariffs apply. most bike frames are made outside of the eu/uk so tarrifs apply. In the case of swissstop, they are made in Switzerland, where an FTA exists, hence they probably don't attract tariffs, and don't have a subsequent price rise, but bike frames and predominantly manufactured outside of the EU/UK and do attract tariffs. None of this was unexpected - but sovrinty.

That makes sense - I noticed Shimano parts seemed to have increased significantly in price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ordered from Rose on the 5th of Jan and it arrived yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Finding AnPost very slow lately. Took 4 days for them to deliver a parcel from Bike Components. Bike Components dispatched next day and left Germany same day so no issue on there.

Similarly some of my returns have taken 3-4 days to get to Portlaoise when it's usually same day.

Had to return bike shoes and reorder a bigger size, it's a slow process!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Just mentioning Bergfreunde as another alternative source. Ordered bike storage rack on Feb 18th, shipped from Germany on Feb 19th and arrived Feb 23rd. Free delivery on orders over 50 quid, and fiver off for signing up to the newsletter. Worked out cheaper than bike24 and bike components.

Advertisement