Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brexit issues / bike24.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

unimpressed with Alltricks - first order from them, some brake pads. Listed as "in stock", as soon as I ordered it was marked as "awaiting supply" and now 2 weeks later they've cancelled the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭bbuzz

eeeee wrote: »
    Ordered from Rose on the 5th of Jan and it arrived yesterday :pac:

I ordered mudguards from Rose a couple of weeks ago, and they arrived via DHL a few days later. So must be hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

deporvillage ordered sunday arrived friday (via spain and germany !) GLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭C3PO

Bike Discount still not accepting orders fromIreland as far as I can see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭prunudo

C3PO wrote: »

Thats odd, I got a delivery from them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I only got an order from them lastweek and bike 24 the week before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I've purchased mudguards from them last week, the tracing shows the parcel has been booked, but not dispatched yet. Must investigate..... :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I was on their site today, no Ireland in the country option for me.

CramCycle wrote: »

Edit.

Yeah, just checked myself, allows you go all the way through to checkout and then says address incomplete when you go to complete order. Then no Ireland in list of country's, same with both dpd or dhl.

prunudo wrote: »
    Edit.

Yeah, just checked myself, allows you go all the way through to checkout and then says address incomplete when you go to complete order. Then no Ireland in list of country's, same with both dpd or dhl.

I just tried again there myself and all good the usual 9.99 dpd shipping. I have registered an account with them though so maybe you haven't and Ireland is missing from the guest checkout.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I just tried again there myself and all good the usual 9.99 dpd shipping. I have registered an account with them though so maybe you haven't and Ireland is missing from the guest checkout.

Yeah, unfortunately as my bank statement shows, I have an account. Still wouldn't allow to proceed to sale though. Will check again now.

Yeah, unfortunately as my bank statement shows, I have an account. Still wouldn't allow to proceed to sale though. Will check again now.

I'm also paying through paypal which auto populates the address I think.

Just to be clear, Bike24 is fine, its Bike Discount which no longer works for me, no Ireland in the country menu, in the registration menu etc.

Just to be clear, Bike24 is fine, its Bike Discount which no longer works for me, no Ireland in the country menu, in the registration menu etc.

It was bike discount I was referring to but just to see if the sale would go through I tried to buy something and sure enough address incomplete popped up. Strange as I ordered on the 11th Feb no issues at all.

50985215523_de5d180270_w.jpg

I received a reply from my enquiry to Bike Discount yesterday - apparently they are not accepting Irish orders until the VAT rate changes back to 23% on Monday when they will reopen the site to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Has anyone ordered from bike-discount.de recently. Used them twice before without issue and tried to place another order. When I went to checkout, it said that my address was incomplete. When I tried to edit my address, it says that they don't deliver to Ireland. The drop down menu had most other countries but not Ireland. Anyone come across this??

Mods, please delete this post, found the info in another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Was having a look at their site the other day and was left not a little bemused by the fact that they have distinctly separate shipping options for UK vs Northern Ireland, I presume on account of all things Brexit, but no shipping options for Ireland.

I received a reply from my enquiry to Bike Discount yesterday - apparently they are not accepting Irish orders until the VAT rate changes back to 23% on Monday when they will reopen the site to us!

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten it was temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaSz

I ordered parts from bike discount last week and got them with in a week. I had another order 3 weeks ago and it took them a week to deliver as well. Never had any issues with bikediscount. I'm living i Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Peter T

I noticed for some items they specify if delivery isn't available in Republic of Ireland. I ordered stuff from them in January with no issues.

• Advertisement

See here, apparently it's to do with the Irish VAT rate changing today and they hope to be back in operation this week.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058143373&page=22

They have re-added Ireland as an option - I placed an order today and all appears to have proceeded okay. Significantly cheaper than alternatives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

They have re-added Ireland as an option - I placed an order today and all appears to have proceeded okay. Significantly cheaper than alternatives!

Any update on your order?? I put in an order on Monday and got an order confirmation but no shipping notification yet? I normally get one the next day. Has your order been dispatched yet??

Duzzie wrote: »
    Any update on your order?? I put in an order on Monday and got an order confirmation but no shipping notification yet? I normally get one the next day. Has your order been dispatched yet??

Yes - I got a shipping notification early yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Anybody ever order off ProOwned Cycling? If so, any issues with them? I believe they are Danish so hopefully they should be Brexitproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Any one got experience with Bikeinn & their shipping times?

Ordered something on 2 March and its apparently been dispatched and maybe arrived in Ireland a week ago....but I've still not received it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody ever order off ProOwned Cycling? If so, any issues with them? I believe they are Danish so hopefully they should be Brexitproof.

Mate bought a sky Dogma F10 frameset off them. He's very happy with the frame and it's been built into a beautiful bike but he was a bit miffed at the lack of care taken by them in shipping. It was just chucked loosely into a box, not secured and not even wiped clean with a bit of a rag. Very bad form imo considering the cost of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dr cannondale in germany I've been using for some cannondale spares. even throw in a free reusable mask with the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Nimil

Anyone ordered off pure-bike.co.uk before? Based in France. I've never heard of them but they have plenty of good reviews and some drivetrain components they claim to have in stock I can't find anywhere else. Although it's been at "last in stock" for a week so I'm not sure if they actually have it or just haven't updated their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I ordered off deporvillage on 30th March and tracking has the goods still in Germany. The carrier is GLS (who I have no faith in), anyone else seeing longer lead times around Easter. A few deliveries at the moment seem to be suffering from Suez related delays despite being nowhere near any problem areas, I wouldnt be ordering off deporvillage again based on this experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Tredz have temporarily suspended delivering to Ireland, north or south. Had my eye on a cheap Spesh MIPS helmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cionn wrote: »
    I ordered off deporvillage on 30th March and tracking has the goods still in Germany. The carrier is GLS (who I have no faith in), anyone else seeing longer lead times around Easter. A few deliveries at the moment seem to be suffering from Suez related delays despite being nowhere near any problem areas, I wouldnt be ordering off deporvillage again based on this experience

Rose told me my RD was held up due to the Suez thing. I ordered in early Feb for delivery in three weeks. Ever Given happened on 23 March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats the craic with ordering helmets from uk retailers post brexit, any extra charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭ratracer

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whats the craic with ordering helmets from uk retailers post brexit, any extra charges?

Not a helmet, but I’ve ordered from Wiggle and CRC post Brexit and have had no issues with customs etc. It’s done at point of sale with them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ratracer wrote: »
    Not a helmet, but I’ve ordered from Wiggle and CRC post Brexit and have had no issues with customs etc. It’s done at point of sale with them anyway.

lovely stuff, retailer isnt either of those though, so we ll see what happens, thank you

I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important but anyone else getting fed up with the constant stock and supply issues with sites.
    A huge % of items constantly 6 weeks away from being in stock. Even basic items are becoming hard to come by and you have to order from a number of sites to make up an order. Roll on the return of proper supply chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,484 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just another to add to add to the list of ones to avoid - waiting weeks for a Sports Pursuit order. It'll be my last order with them, as I'm now outside the end of the delivery window they gave on ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important but anyone else getting fed up with the constant stock and supply issues with sites.
    A huge % of items constantly 6 weeks away from being in stock. Even basic items are becoming hard to come by and you have to order from a number of sites to make up an order. Roll on the return of proper supply chains.

Estimated date of 2023 for the likes of Shimano components

Estimated date of 2023 for the likes of Shimano components

Wow, for them to get back to normal, thats mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

£30 pounds standard rate for delivery from sjcycles. Ridiculous. So using AddressPal and it will still end up costing me €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

http://www.s-tec-sports.de
    Anyone any experience with them recently? I ordered a new frame from them 1 month ago. They've told me a well known courier company has lost a truck load of their deliveries. No-one knows where it is. I've asked for a refund at this stage.
    Distribution and logistics centers must be completely overrun and unable to cope, or what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Tell me about it. Dropped my bike into the shop as the chain was dropping off the big ring, replacement not due in stock til the end of next month.

Pain in the arse for window shopping too, any bits and pieces I might be interested in are gone. Even disc rotors are all out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ordered Dura ace rotors through LBS but suspect I’ll never see them due to stock issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Had to order ultegra hydraulic brake calipers off aliexpress as couldn't get them elsewhere, delivered in 4wks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I ordered a few items from Bike24 on March 18th - glasses, tyres, chain and 105 11-28 cassette. All of the items bar the cassette were in stock but they held off dispatching anything until they had everything available - which they said would be mid-May.
    Got an email from them this morning saying that the cassette would become available on 06.05.2021 but they've taken the decision to ship the other stuff to me now.
    I'm getting a bad feeling about my chances of getting the cassette :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I dont need a new cassette just yet, I'm quite a ways away from it in fact, but I'm getting more jittery about being able to get one when I do need it, and nearly bought one several times.

I have a chain, several wheel bearings (I've had really bad luck with bearings), a couple of sets of brake disc pads waiting to go.

The price of cassettes has almost doubled since this time last year, I could get one for a little over 60 euro last year, and now they are up to 120 (dependant on where I get it.).

Anyone come across a reasonably priced - Shimano 105 CS-R7000, 11-32T?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My local shop was selling 105 28t and 30t for 60 two weeks ago. Wouldn't dream of paying a cent more. I got a 25t for €44 from Bike Components and they're now €51 two months later, out of stock of course...

I ended up buying a Sram Force Group set for a new build recently - 6 months before Ultegra would be delivered by Bike 24!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Not Bike24, but Ribble - ordered last week and bike is already ready for dispatch from the UK, despite having been advised that it wouldn't be until 31 May (which I was fine with). Have to say they're very easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement