Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I want to get more non-US listed stocks in my portfolio.

What are peoples favorites on the European or UK exchanges?

For example I found:
    JDE Peets (JDEP.AS) on the Amsterdam exchange, a coffee play
    Aixtron (AIXA.DE)on the German Exchange, a semi-conductor materials provider

Some non-obvious ones would be good, value, growth, speculative, doesn't matter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Clov up 17% pre-market, nearly 2mil volume.

Even though selling once/if I get profitable is probably the smart move here given it's been in the red for a while, I'm tempted to leave it ride and see where it goes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

What broker are people using to buy SMT? I am with ii and get charged £13.98 a month which is a big % of what I am investing monthly into SMT.

treatyman wrote: »
    What broker are people using to buy SMT? I am with ii and get charged £13.98 a month which is a big % of what I am investing monthly into SMT.
    I pretty much only invest in Trusts and Interactive Brokers are the best I could find, $9.99 a month, commission offset against it, between commission and tax £100 of UK stock works out at about £1.50 so if you make a few buys a month it covers it.

T212 are the cheapest but are shut for new members, and have drawbacks of their own aside from that.

I pretty much only invest in Trusts and Interactive Brokers are the best I could find, $9.99 a month, commission offset against it, between commission and tax £100 of UK stock works out at about £1.50 so if you make a few buys a month it covers it.

T212 are the cheapest but are shut for new members, and have drawbacks of their own aside from that.

So you pay $9.99 standing monthly charge and £1.50 after that per trade? It's not going to be much cheaper that ii then.

• Advertisement

So you pay $9.99 standing monthly charge and £1.50 after that per trade? It's not going to be much cheaper that ii then.

No, the commission is subtracted from the 9.99 and you pay the balance monthly

Screenshot-2021-04-19-Account-Minimums-Interactive-Brokers-U-K-Limited.png

No, the commission is subtracted from the 9.99 and you pay the balance monthly

Screenshot-2021-04-19-Account-Minimums-Interactive-Brokers-U-K-Limited.png

ah ok..thanks. Better than ii anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

ah ok..thanks. Better than ii anyway. :cool:

I buy them on Degiro, have held SMT for a long time on degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

gudede wrote: »
    The worst part of EFT’s is that you can’t offset the profits against losses. That’s why they are poor for Irish citizens.

Investment Trusts are a much better option.

ETFs are not a good choice for Irish consumers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

heffo500 wrote: »
    I buy them on Degiro, have held SMT for a long time on degiro

SMT isn't available on DeGiro :confused:

• Advertisement

LBPS (4D) given a $40 PT https://www.markets.co/chardan-capital-remains-a-buy-on-4d-pharma-lbps/308202/

Would equate to about £3.60 a share UK.

Hopefully give it some attention in the US anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭littlevillage

VonLuck wrote: »
    SMT isn't available on DeGiro :confused:

I can't see it on Degiro, either

Heffo do you have a premium account or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

cc87 wrote: »
    LBPS (4D) given a $40 PT https://www.markets.co/chardan-capital-remains-a-buy-on-4d-pharma-lbps/308202/

Would equate to about £3.60 a share UK.

Hopefully give it some attention in the US anyway.

I'm still waiting for the US investors to pick up on this one. Be interested to see if there's any action today. Had so many false starts with 4D now already. One of these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

I can't see it on Degiro, either

Heffo do you have a premium account or something?

I have it on degiro too. I think they have stopped it for new entrants, don't remember why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Clov up 17% pre-market, nearly 2mil volume.

Even though selling once/if I get profitable is probably the smart move here given it's been in the red for a while, I'm tempted to leave it ride and see where it goes this week.

Sold at $9.77, made a buck, might get back in later

weemcd wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the US investors to pick up on this one. Be interested to see if there's any action today. Had so many false starts with 4D now already. One of these days!

LBPS is up 9% so far anyway! Hopefully it holds this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

LBPS is up 9% so far anyway! Hopefully it holds this time around

I'm not looking 10x or anything wild. Just a firm signal the share price is gaining traction for the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

What do people make of FuboTV? I bought in with a BEP of around $27 in January and it shot up rapidly. Now it's tanked hugely and I've continued to add on the dip but I feel I may be throwing good money after bad. I'm not confident valuing these unprofitable start ups anyway so interested in opinions.

Besides that I've been adding to Skillz.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Is everyone still in PSTH? Im wondering if they are ever going to announce - starting to lose faith in SPACs big time. https://investorplace.com/2021/04/psth-stock-finds-itself-under-pressure/ interesting article on it

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Also like to add how slated my greens are I'm down 50% on BE and PLUG.. lovely Monday. Still praying Edesa will be my green amongst the red

• Advertisement

lol Topped up some holdings today and they take a dip immediatly afterwards. Is there an optimum time to buy stocks during the day? I have read that Friday is the wrst day, and Monday the best day. I bought about an hour after open, I should have waited till lunch time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Is everyone still in PSTH? Im wondering if they are ever going to announce - starting to lose faith in SPACs big time. https://investorplace.com/2021/04/psth-stock-finds-itself-under-pressure/ interesting article on it

I got out. lost faith and wanted to re-invest in other stocks...still hold IPOE and IPOF, but no other spacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

If it comes close to 22 I'd consider it. I bought into IPOF at 10.5 and GSAH at 10.5. Both are down though. But Skills, Opendoor and CCIV are all well down for me. Need this to turn soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Between crypto over the weekend and the red sea today. I'm not looking at my accounts for the rest of the week.

Still in, sold a small bit around the 30$ mark but kept majority.

I have a few other SPACs as well, AONE, NSH, SFTW, NGAC, FTOC, TSIA, mainly bought at or near the 10$ mark. Have tried to stick to post-DA spacs that have merged with companies with products on the market and a bit more of a traceable history that some of the more speculative ones. NGAC the exception here and TSIA to a lesser extent.

Picked up CCIV around 22$, and it continued dropping.

SPACs have been beaten down but a good stock is still a good stock I think. Once the current period of inflation fears and de-leveraging pass, they’ll come back up again. Just going to be painful seeing red before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Still in, sold a small bit around the 30$ mark but kept majority.

I have a few other SPACs as well, AONE, NSH, SFTW, NGAC, FTOC, TSIA, mainly bought at or near the 10$ mark. Have tried to stick to post-DA spacs that have merged with companies with products on the market and a bit more of a traceable history that some of the more speculative ones. NGAC the exception here and TSIA to a lesser extent.

Picked up CCIV around 22$, and it continued dropping.

SPACs have been beaten down but a good stock is still a good stock I think. Once the current period of inflation fears and de-leveraging pass, they’ll come back up again. Just going to be painful seeing red before then.

I got back into CCIV at 22.20 also after previously selling at 29.50. More worried about skills and opendoor though. Freefalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Still in a couple of SPACS - PSTH (BEP $25.50), PIPP with BEP if $13.90 (disaster for me so far) and IPOE at BEP of $19 - so not fairing out too well on them...

Jumped into Teldoc on the dip and averaged down on Lemonade - think both have a hell of an opp to grow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bloodbath.
    I had a few low buy orders for Plug and QS that were surprisingly filled, big drops today

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

It’s been red since February (for most ppl). When do people expect the market to cool down and green re-enters our thoughts.

My own view is after the summer. No doubt investments managers will take the summer off which means little activity overall. Don’t plan on buying anything until August. Sadly, I’m trying to stop myself buying more of PSFE, SKLZ or PRCH until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya still growing a beard here. Hoping it's Bebo as at this stage it's bound to tank, so would like the novelty of being a retro hipster share owner.

Advertisement