Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

sirboby wrote: »
    Seems like a great opportunity but something tells me that there is a 50/50 chance they mess it up after how they handled buying Skype.

Microsoft acquired Skype back in 2011 under their previous CEO, not sure I would put too much stock into how that went. Steve Ballmer's poor acquisitions basically cost him his job in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Treppen wrote: »
    Once they go full cloud then I think they'll have killed off Google Stadia and gotten the steal on PlayStation with their Gamepass library and cloud gaming (it won't all be about console sales and game sales as they move to Netflix style subscription model). Loads of gas left in the Microsoft tank... If only I could afford to buy 1 share Lol.

TBH Google Stadia is dead and Google have know this for months - unfortunately consumer awareness of this is only really catching up. They're doing a fire-sale on the hardware atm
    It would be interesting if they used GameStop as their "Apple Store". They won't be trying windows phones again for a while though.

Lol at tying themselves to GameStop. If they were building a walled garden they'd just expand their exclusivity offerings by doing more studio acquisitions and wrapping the IP under the Microsoft GameStudios banner. So far they own:
    • id Software (Doom Eternal)
    • MachineGames (Wolfenstein)
    • Roundhouse Studios (Rune II)
    • Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo)
    • Alpha Dog Games (mobile games)
    • Arkane Studios (Dishonored)
    • Arkane Studios Austin
    • Bethesda Game Studios (Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76)
    • Bethesda Game Studios Austin (Fallout 76)
    • Bethesda Game Studios Dallas
    • Bethesda Game Studios Montreal
    • Bethesda Softworks
    • ZeniMax Online Studios (The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76)
    • 343 Industries (Halo)
    • Compulsions Games (We Happy Few)
    • Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Broken Age)
    • inXile Entertainment (Wasteland, Bard's Tale)
    • Mojang Studios (Minecraft)
    • Ninja Theory (Devil May Cry, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)
    • Obsidian Games (The Outer Worlds, South Park: The Stick of Truth)
    • Playground Games (Forza Horizon)
    • Rare (Sea of Thieves)
    • The Coalition (Gears of War)
    • Turn 10 Studios (Forza Motorsport)
    • Undead Labs (State of Decay)
    • World's Edge (Age of Empires)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Just checking, is this DDDD on the UK market? Is there any point waiting to get it on Nasdaq or is it all the same?
    My gut feeling was telling me to sell about 2 weeks ago. I have both Ryanair and Delta. I bought at the Covid dip, so still well up, but still.

Sold Ryanair and AA last week. Anyone knows what happened yesterday do GME after market?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

$SPCE - Thoughts? I have 50 shares that I bought at around the $32 mark. Anyone else bullish?

It's tanking today because Chamath Palihapitiya sold $213m worth of his shares. Potential red flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

awhir wrote: »
    Getting hammered today

That's an understatement - what the ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

DutchYurt wrote: »

I sold out yesterday, however all genomics/0harma is being hammered today

SPACs dumping again. Pre/Post ticker or merger change seemingly irrelevant. Everything bleeding atm. Need some good news from the likes of Powell or Yellen.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

A sea of red again... these days are becoming far too common... haha...

Gonna sit on things for a while - lots of volatility at the mo. Bought some Lemonade and Coupang last week "on the dip" only for it to dip further :(

Baozun and RIDE have been taking a battering also the last two weeks. Not rosey at RIDE at all - investigations going on into false declarations of production etc.

voodoo wrote: »
    Gonna sit on things for a while - lots of volatility at the mo. Bought some Lemonade and Coupang last week "on the dip" only for it to dip further :(

I've a few thousand sitting on the sidelines at the moment and am wondering how long to keep my power dry at this stage, having gone a bit premature on the last dip (i.e. buying on the 2nd rather than the 5th Dip at end of February :rolleyes:) . It's impossible to get a gauge on things atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Red everywhere today that I can see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭littlevillage

A lot of bullish sentiment here a couple of days ago about 4D listing on the Nasdaq.

Anybody buying it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

A lot of bullish sentiment here a couple of days ago about 4D listing on the Nasdaq.

Anybody buying it yet?

Think a lot of people here own shares already in the UK listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Howdy folks, my old favourites Oil/travel are taking a beating....I had exited them few weeks ago (probably a tad early), after making fresh highs they're all retreating now...so keep an eye on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Anybody buying it yet?

Yeah, I just bought some, along with a bit of Baozun. 4D was not a very significant holding for me so I didn't mind adding. It's the only what I would call speculative pharma holding I have. I think the risk/reward is good, but I wouldn't put a huge amount into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My phone messed up an update and won't let me open half my apps including degiro, probably a good thing, thank fook for crypto the last few weeks however lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Timmaay wrote: »
    My phone messed up an update and won't let me open half my apps including degiro, probably a good thing, thank fook for crypto the last few weeks however lol.

https://www.androidauthority.com/android-apps-crashing-1210994/

Happened to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

awhir wrote: »
    Getting hammered today

I suppose, not a good day to quit drinking alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

An absolutely brutal month so far, most of my gains from Feb have been wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am coming to WT..F and WTP moment

WTP is what's the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anybody buying it yet?

Small holding atm, I've had for around a year. I was bullish on the Nasdaq listing and must admit I was very disappointed not to see anything more than the original jump on Monday which was quickly wiped out. Still planning on holding long and may even add a little at present levels. I've no problem letting this one run for years. A decent bounce on Monday would have been nice though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Dolphin Entertainment up over 200% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭littlevillage

weemcd wrote: »
    Small holding atm, I've had for around a year. I was bullish on the Nasdaq listing and must admit I was very disappointed not to see anything more than the original jump on Monday which was quickly wiped out. Still planning on holding long and may even add a little at present levels. I've no problem letting this one run for years. A decent bounce on Monday would have been nice though...

I have asked Degiro to list 4D NASDAQ: LBPS. (as doesn't seem to be there presently). Might take a small punt then

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

I have asked Degiro to list 4D NASDAQ: LBPS. (as doesn't seem to be there presently). Might take a small punt then

Not there as they are still transitioning loac (spac) shares to lbps, I'd imagine it will show up in the next day or so

Bloomberg reporting a confidential IPO filing by Robinhood.
    Wonder if PSTH is involved.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/robinhood-files-confidentially-for-u-s-ipo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Dolphin Entertainment up over 200% today.

Up 236% today and 43% after hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

cc87 wrote: »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/robinhood-files-confidentially-for-u-s-ipo

Would it be worth ~$26 a share, Is there any other platform like it that's listed?

Treppen wrote: »

Would it be worth ~$26 a share, Is there any other platform like it that's listed?

Hard to say but suggestions of $30+ here. Not sure about a similar platform.
    RH is an odd one in that it's user base is mainly retail with an average account of about $3-5000, no fee transactions and makes its money from selling the order flow.

https://qz.com/1971633/robinhood-pre-ipo-secondary-shares-signal-40-billion-valuation/

Doesn't meet the whole "mature unicorn" Ackman has spoken about though. Given it's still quite a young company, if it is PSTH it may be a play at expanding into a full digital wallet setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The press release says it's filed for IPO.

That means it won't be a merger with a SPAC.

cc87 wrote: »

Not a hope - they're going IPO, with a large chunk of the pre-sale going to Melvin and other nefarious characters being my suspicion.

I fear that the PSTH target is going to be very very underwhelming, especially considering they braying mob has finally given up on Stripe/Plaid and have now started wild speculation in relation to everything from Fidelity to Bloomberg based on trust size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Anyone see the massive pump in HOFV and DLPN? what is going on there?

Advertisement