Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

richie123 wrote: »
    Where are they based and how are they for cashflow ?

https://s26.q4cdn.com/400230584/files/doc_financials/2020/q4/4Q20-Earnings-Deck-FINAL.pdf

Presentation from their last earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Anybody here have an interest in Amarin?

Looking at them recently and I'm still undecided but leaning towards buy.
    Would like some external input if anyone else has been following them.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

cc87 wrote: »
    VVNT, a smart home/security company is at it's lowest since last June.

Currently @ 14.59, has a PT of low 20's from a number of banks.

Stock price may be $14.59 but it is overvalued - real value of stock calculated as $1.69 - no margin of safety if liquidated.
    From a technical indicator point of view - the short term indicators are 100% Sell; the medium and long term indicators are 50% sell - support and resistance os $13 + and $16 - indicate presently stock going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Umaro wrote: »
    I've added a lot of cash to my Degiro this week and slowly making some purchases. I'm going to use % of my overall capital to say how much I put into each. I figure that's an easy shorthand for saying how confident (or not) I am on these.

Air Canada 6%
    Rank Group 3%
    Easyjet 3%
    Compass Group 3%
    Tremor 1%

I have a lot of US Tech companies on my shortlist but waiting for the bleeding to stop at the moment.

Not sure who first mentioned Tremor here, nice boost this morning, up over 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Yeah it put out a trading statement today, Q1 2021 is "significantly ahead" of Q1 2020. Given that last year we'd still be pre-pandemic that's got to bode well for their full year outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Anybody here have an interest in Amarin?

Looking at them recently and I'm still undecided but leaning towards buy.
    Would like some external input if anyone else has been following them.

Yeah I am in on them. BEP of $4.50 so up about 40% at the mo. Think they can grow alot further also!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭supue

4D Pharma flying this morning, up nearly 13%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

supue wrote: »

It'll go live on the NASDAQ today under the ticker LBPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

Bob Harris wrote: »

Are yis going long or is there a get out target if it rises significantly today?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Finally starting to move....could be an 8 bagger yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Treppen wrote: »
    Are yis going long or is there a get out target if it rises significantly today?

I've been holding for a year and I think there is too much potential to close out of this. I wouldn't rule out his being a billion dollar valuation in a couple of years which depending on your entry price could be 5x 8x 10x as Pelezico said.

It's a small pharma company it's always a rollarcoaster ride with them but they have strong affiliations with Pfizer and Merck (who bought shares in the offering last week) a very effective IBS drug, a huge pipeline of trials underway, the directors have put 2M of their own money where there mouth is...the list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

I've been holding for a year and I think there is too much potential to close out of this. I wouldn't rule out his being a billion dollar valuation in a couple of years which depending on your entry price could be 5x 8x 10x as Pelezico said.

It's a small pharma company it's always a rollarcoaster ride with them but they have strong affiliations with Pfizer and Merck (who bought shares in the offering last week) a very effective IBS drug, a huge pipeline of trials underway, the directors have put 2M of their own money where there mouth is...the list goes on.

I got in around a month and am planning on holding for at least a year. May take back my initial investment if it jumped high enough!

Another boards.ie Fav KR1 reaching ATH today. Had a strong run up in last 2 weeks. My biggest holding now and I am bullish on this one too! Great team that are consistently picking out diamonds. Saves me floundering around trying to find the wheat from the chaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

Treppen wrote: »

A profit is a profit as they say. But there is not a chance I'm selling anywhere near current price, there are too many catalysts for this to at least double from here. I'm long 4d

As with any pharma company there will be up and down days but partnerships with both Merck and Pfizer along with the CEO and CSO putting up $2 million of their own money are enough reasons to go long on this!

- They are also undervalued vs their peers (Significantly imo)
    - They are now funded through to Q2 2022
    - Good safety data to date
    - Have their own manufacturing facilities (capable of producing about 100 million capsules per year, I think)

Look its a pharma company so things could go tits up, you just never know, but the risks are worth the rewards imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

4D gonna get very interesting at 1.30PM today. Might see a 52 week high this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

jams100 wrote: »
    A profit is a profit as they say. But there is not a chance I'm selling anywhere near current price, there are too many catalysts for this to at least double from here. I'm long 4d

As with any pharma company there will be up and down days but partnerships with both Merck and Pfizer along with the CEO and CSO putting up $2 million of their own money are enough reasons to go long on this!

- They are also undervalued vs their peers (Significantly imo)
    - They are now funded through to Q2 2022
    - Good safety data to date
    - Have their own manufacturing facilities (capable of producing about 100 million capsules per year, I think)

Look its a pharma company so things could go tits up, you just never know, but the risks are worth the rewards imo

Just checking, is this DDDD on the UK market? Is there any point waiting to get it on Nasdaq or is it all the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Just checking, is this DDDD on the UK market? Is there any point waiting to get it on Nasdaq or is it all the same?

Yes the UK market.

Personally I think the UK is a safer bet currently given the recent trend of SPACs decreasing in value after merging.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa doing what Edesa does a morning pop to tether all the way down back to nothing. It seems to be a cycle with this company, might just start selling on these pops I'd have a 100% return by now if I did!

4D also tethered off.

Is it too much ask for these to rise like GME so I can stop posting here and buy a penthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gme earnings after hours tomorrow...could see more shenanigans this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,916 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

retalivity wrote: »
    Gme earnings after hours tomorrow...could see more shenanigans this week
    Lol earnings mean nothing with GME.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Airlines taking a beating today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

VonLuck wrote: »
    Airlines taking a beating today.

My gut feeling was telling me to sell about 2 weeks ago. I have both Ryanair and Delta. I bought at the Covid dip, so still well up, but still.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Cute Hoor wrote: »

The news broke this morning before I could purchase my first set of shares. Shares should move again on 2th April after their presentation. US listing later in the year should have a big impact on the share price (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seanergy Maritime results out tomorrow pre market, should have a knock on effect on Castor Maritime, both involved primarily in bulk carriers where demand has jumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thargor wrote: »
    Lol earnings mean nothing with GME.

You're right about the earnings themselves, but the earnings announcement is usually when a company announces any new business plans. I reckon they could have something up their sleeve tonight, moving into crypto exchange, a social media element of gaming, esports etc.

I don't own any GME, but will be watching with interest.

• Administrators Posts: 53,642 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I sold off all my GME yesterday. Ended up in the green but not by a massive amount. It was fun while it was going on, I was just getting tired of keeping an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

MSFT announced this morning they're sniffing at Discord. Interesting acquisition in the light of their scaling of Teams in the last 24 months. Presumably an acquisition to bulk out their social/gaming arm following the recent Bethesda acquisition. Very bullish in either case, great move by them if they don't ruin it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/microsoft-said-to-be-in-talks-to-buy-discord-for-more-than-10b

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

awec wrote: »
    I sold off all my GME yesterday. Ended up in the green but not by a massive amount. It was fun while it was going on, I was just getting tired of keeping an eye on it.

It ends up being a fulltime job. Hard to have that and a fulltime job particularly with stock such as GME.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

pioneerpro wrote: »
    MSFT announced this morning they're sniffing at Discord. Interesting acquisition in the light of their scaling of Teams in the last 24 months. Presumably an acquisition to bulk out their social/gaming arm following the recent Bethesda acquisition. Very bullish in either case, great move by them if they don't ruin it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/microsoft-said-to-be-in-talks-to-buy-discord-for-more-than-10b

I just saw on Xbox Twitter that there will be a launch to x-cloud on iOS devices soon. I've used xcloud on Android and it's pretty good but with a little lag on multiplayer sometimes, but games load quicker than console with no install needed . Gamepass is available for pc also so a good competitor for Steam. Once they go full cloud then I think they'll have killed off Google Stadia and gotten the steal on PlayStation with their Gamepass library and cloud gaming (it won't all be about console sales and game sales as they move to Netflix style subscription model). Loads of gas left in the Microsoft tank... If only I could afford to buy 1 share Lol.

It would be interesting if they used GameStop as their "Apple Store". They won't be trying windows phones again for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

pioneerpro wrote: »

Seems like a great opportunity but something tells me that there is a 50/50 chance they mess it up after how they handled buying Skype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

supue wrote: »

Getting hammered today

Advertisement