Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NNDM on fire, nvta apps and peri i bought in the last week on the pullback and got a very quick 15% pop, I took profits too early on EHang, it's gone nuts. The Biden alternative energy specials starting to cool off (I took profits on likes of emph, iea arry on Monday), will look at getting back into them during the inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kitkat275

Hi all, I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance, I recently started dipping my toes into cryptocurrency (coinbase pro), and I now want to get into investment. I have set up a degiro account. I've followed this thread and am researching shares on the internet. I have a list of companies that I have seen recommended here and some I personally feel will prosper. I have E250 per month that I can invest, just wondering if you guys can give a noob some tips on where to start, what should I be looking out for on degiro etc :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Shedite27 wrote: »
    When I sell I just remove the shares from the "Holdings" tab

That's cool if you sell the full holding. But if ya bought 1000, and sold 500 I don't see how to manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Gevo past $7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭riddles

Green&Red wrote: »
    Gevo past $7 now
    panic sold on a previous spike and slide it cost me literally double to get back in. I would be inconsolable now if I had not. it's the only thing I have in green apart from UPWORK and TDOC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Jesus - Gamestop up 50% I know there are a few here holding, congrats.

DutchYurt wrote: »

Now 60% - madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Treppen

Jeez I got out at 16 thinking I was great.

Anyhow... Aphria anyone? Dump now and get back in ?

It's getting really pushy for US legalisation these days.. any tips there? Doesn't seem as if the Canadian lads are gaining US territory. Cresco labs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Thanks, my BEP is 8.80 :p:p Very happy day, this is a short squeeze. Short interest at start of day was approximately 140%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Now 60% - madness!

Bought at $4.50 months back but sold out at $8.80. :(

I hardly ever sell anything but I just didn't think they have good long-term prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

What in the name of God is going on at Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

My understanding is that it recently came under new ownership with a new addition to the board of directors who wants to innovate and turn Gamestop into the Amazon of gaming essentially. The hype is causing a speculative rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Came in to ask about Gamestop but I see people have noticed. I wouldnt have touched them with a bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's cool if you sell the full holding. But if ya bought 1000, and sold 500 I don't see how to manage that.

Are ya using the desktop version or the app? Desktop better for adding holdings. Just reduce the amount you "hold" from 1000 to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Take a company back in March last year valued at 300 mil with 700 mil cash, with thousands of stores worldwide, a customer analytics base of 1 million +, in a games console release year. Now add a short interest of 150% and then add Ryan Cohen (founder of Chewy) buying shares and getting a seat on the board.

What you have there is undervaluation and a short squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Appian (APPN) up nicely today. Had a monster 2020 but still plenty of room to run I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

kitkat275 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance, I recently started dipping my toes into cryptocurrency (coinbase pro), and I now want to get into investment. I have set up a degiro account. I've followed this thread and am researching shares on the internet. I have a list of companies that I have seen recommended here and some I personally feel will prosper. I have E250 per month that I can invest, just wondering if you guys can give a noob some tips on where to start, what should I be looking out for on degiro etc :-)

If you have €250 pm to "invest" you wont go far wrong reading the Reddit sticky below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/wiki/faq

AmberGold wrote: »
    If you have €250 pm to "invest" you wont go far wrong reading the Reddit sticky below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/wiki/faq

Love the title

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

What to do with Mara.its down another 14 %.I want to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

pitrn wrote: »
    What to do with Mara.its down another 14 %.I want to cry

Unless theres a serious reason why it dropped just hold it. Red days are normal it'll come back up in time im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Anyone here line fresnillo or polymetal?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Decent rise in OCGN after a few down days. Hopefully my order filled to add for in around 2 (my original entry point).

GEVO also doing well but I haven’t been able to add more (yet).

Both Rigolo tips I believe. Really miss his market commentary (and insights and tips of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

6541 wrote: »
    I see commercial property is tipped by Blackstone this year. How would one invest in commercial property shares ?

I bought some HMSO based on a tip from here. Retail commercial property with a lot of big sites like Dundrum and the Bull Ring in Birmingham.
    Large Shopping centres will always have a certain attraction.
    Current market cap of 900m and a 2019 net asset value of of 4.8bn.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

kitkat275 wrote: »

Spacs. Chamath.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

US CPI is out tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ET.

The market has already priced in 2% inflation... If CPI comes in higher than this then shares likely to rise and bond prices fall.... if it comes in lower bonds prices will rise and share prices drop.

If you are expect inflation to be higher than 2% it might be worth a overnight punt on shorting bonds by buying some TBF.

If you are expecting lower inflation it might be worth a overnight punt on TLT ETF.
    I think their is a divided opinion on inflation based on the movements on the US10Y today.... Started the day at with a yield of 1.14 before moving up to 1.19 and now back at 1.14...

If the CPI gives a strong signal either way we could see a some real movement in the NADAQ tomorrow.

1.4% as per estimates.
    https://www.sharecast.com/news/international-economic/us-cpi-rises-a-bit-more-quickly-than-expected-in-december--7777036.html
    Rent inflation accounted for approximately 40% of the core CPI, he said.

"Overall, core inflation remains very subdued, trending at 1.6% in recent months, or 1.2% ex-rents. Base effects guarantee a clear uplift to 2.5%-plus in Q2, but the key question of what happens when the economy reopens fully remains unanswerable at this point," he explained

"We just don’t know yet if the surge in demand we expect post-pandemic will drive margin expansion across much broader swathes of the CPI. But the 25% y/y rate of growth of the M2 money supply - by far the fastest pace since 1960, when consistent data start - is making us nervous."

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kitkat275

Spacs. Chamath.

Super helpful thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Not sure if sarcastic or not.

$IPOE, $IPOF

Start there. Both are on degiro. Trust in Chamath to lead the way.
    Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Palantair while it's down a few%. Anyone here expecting it to rise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I bought some HMSO based on a tip from here. Retail commercial property with a lot of big sites like Dundrum and the Bull Ring in Birmingham.
    Large Shopping centres will always have a certain attraction.
    Current market cap of 900m and a 2019 net asset value of of 4.8bn.

Don't know much about them, but had a quick look on Google Finance. Looks like it was dropping like a stone before the pandemic, 2.60 a share end 2017, down to 1 before the pandemic hit. Went from being profitable every year, to losing 250m in 2017 and 750m in 2019. Looks like it lost 1m in the first half of 2020. Are you hoping it gets liquidated and the assets are more than the liquidated price?

Plus I f*cking hate Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Does anyone have a position in CLOV?

Or any thoughts? Thinking of going in now. Small money

Advertisement