Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

washman3 wrote: »
    All grand...:)
    There is currently a grand total of 1 person in UHL with Covid.
    And that person is not in ICU.

Phew thanks, seemed like the world was ending and few weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Hello All,
    Long time no see.
    This is not a complaint, advice perhaps.
    Plan a light day after you get the second dose of Moderna.
    I planned a lot of manual work around the house today and tomorrow, I'm in absolute bits right now. It's nothing serious, the side effects are real, I'm at about 20% capacity today.
    Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hello All,
    Long time no see.
    This is not a complaint, advice perhaps.
    Plan a light day after you get the second dose of Moderna.
    I planned a lot of manual work around the house today and tomorrow, I'm in absolute bits right now. It's nothing serious, the side effects are real, I'm at about 20% capacity today.
    Have fun.

Did you read your Moderna leaflet, gives a stark warning that we, Moderna-ites, will have a higher chance of getting a fever after vaccine #2. :D

After about one hour I had symptoms of a cold, later in the day I was more tired than usual and fell asleep in a chair which I cannot ever remember doing ever before.(sober at least :pac: )

For me the following day I had a heavy day of manual labour in the sun cutting back 6 foot high thorns, weeds etc on the ditch next to my house so it just wore off quickly enough. I should add that my body and general condition is NOT built for manual labour and this was 23 hours after my injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Berty wrote: »
    Did you read your Moderna leaflet, gives a stark warning that we, Moderna-ites, will have a higher chance of getting a fever after vaccine #2. :D

I did of course! ;-) When I got the first jab, perhaps I forgot that vital piece of info over the last four weeks. Work was planned before the appointment date.

After about one hour I had symptoms of a cold, later in the day I was more tired than usual and fell asleep in a chair which I cannot ever remember doing ever before.(sober at least :pac: )

Been there this morning, sat down for a few minutes, Ha!

For me the following day I had a heavy day of manual labour in the sun cutting back 6 foot high thorns, weeds etc on the ditch next to my house so it just wore off quickly enough. I should add that my body and general condition is NOT built for manual labour and this was 23 hours after my injection.

Now folks you heard it twice and it's good advice.

Plan a handy day the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

*Mod Note: Take it to the main Covid forum please, thank you **

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Got my appointment for 2nd moderna shot this Thursday. I’m 46, got the first one on June 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

A pharmacy in the Dooradoyle is currently advertising they will have Pfizer vaccines from July 6th - to ANYONE OVER 30 - once you make a booking. Relevant ID etc required. Might be handy for anyone looking to get a vaccine faster than waiting for the HSE call

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

topcat72 wrote: »
    A pharmacy in the Dooradoyle is currently advertising they will have Pfizer vaccines from July 6th - to ANYONE OVER 30 - once you make a booking. Relevant ID etc required. Might be handy for anyone looking to get a vaccine faster than waiting for the HSE call

What's the name of the pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

Have any 37 year olds got a text in Limerick yet ? Registered last Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rthosemytoes

Marty1983 wrote: »

No, still waiting for an appointment here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Marty1983 wrote: »

2 friends of mine, both 37 got their first shot today. They both registered on June 20th.

My brother in law, also 37 hadn't received a text, he logged in to the hse portal and found out he has an appointment on Thursday. Worth logging in to check.

2 friends of mine, both 37 got their first shot today. They both registered on June 20th.

My brother in law, also 37 hadn't received a text, he logged in to the hse portal and found out he has an appointment on Thursday. Worth logging in to check.

Thanks, just popped in and nothing yet 😕

Does Limerick have a higher supply of the Moderna vaccine than other parts of the country?

Friends in Dublin, Waterford, Kildare etc all have received or getting BionTech... Not a complaint just something I've noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Does Limerick have a higher supply of the Moderna vaccine than other parts of the country?

Friends in Dublin, Waterford, Kildare etc all have received or getting BionTech... Not a complaint just something I've noticed

Not sure to be honest but just some antidotal evidence from my group of friends and work collogues (ages 39-47) . From about 20 people 70% of us were sent to Limerick and all got Pfizer. Those sent to West County in Ennis got Moderna. Two got vaccine from their GP in Ennis and bot got Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

any idea on which pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rthosemytoes

McCabes in the Crescent had it on their FB page for over 35s who haven't gotten an appointment yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Keatings & McCabes are doing them. Booked in for 9th

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The pharmavax program was rolled out 2 weeks ago so this will enable pharmacies to offer vaccines. Hopefully speed things up for anyone outside of the age brackets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yop wrote: »
    The pharmavax program was rolled out 2 weeks ago so this will enable pharmacies to offer vaccines. Hopefully speed things up for anyone outside of the age brackets.
    And it should accelerate now that AZ and Jannsen are available to all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Appointment confirmed for Sat 3rd July first dose Pfizer in the racecourse. Registered 20th June, born 1983.

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Appointment confirmed for Sat 3rd July first dose Pfizer in the racecourse. Registered 20th June, born 1983.

Same as, Pfizer Saturday afternoon, born 1983.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭topcat72

Mc Love wrote: »
    any idea on which pharmacy
    Rosedale ( by Collins's pub) had it in their window for age 30 up. Needs booking with them in advace obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Rosedale ( by Collins's pub) had it in their window for age 30 up. Needs booking with them in advace obviously.

Taking no more bookings until July 14th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Taking no more bookings until July 14th.

I'd imagine that's because they don't have any stock until then, 2 weeks lead time would be about right I'd say.

Just reading that in Dublin the Helix vaccination center is to be closed and moved as UCD need the facility as students will soon be returning. Also the Aviva Stadium vaccination center is to close for the next two Saturdays for the two Ireland rugby games.

I hope that this can put to bed the idea that the Limerick center could have been moved to UL or that the Limerick center is unique in closing on certain days for sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Just reading that in Dublin the Helix vaccination center is to be closed and moved as UCD need the facility as students will soon be returning. Also the Aviva Stadium vaccination center is to close for the next two Saturdays for the two Ireland rugby games.

I hope that this can put to bed the idea that the Limerick center could have been moved to UL or that the Limerick center is unique in closing on certain days for sporting events.

It's Disappointing that ANY centre closes for other events when its very clear that it is critical that we maximize the capacity to vaccinate. Dublin is lucky that they have 2 other centres within 3kms of the Aviva (UCD and Croke Park) as well as the very large centre at Citywest about 15km away. For the Nearest Centre to Limerick you are talking 35km and 45km away respectively.
    The IRFU could have moved the match to Limerick since there will be no crowd at it, a missed opportunity perhaps.

It was good to read that the IRFU/FAI were providing the use of the Aviva for free to the HSE. I hope the same is the case in Patrickswell.

There are still other 3rd Level colleges all around the country providing their facilities so I don't see how this proves UL could not have been used. Maybe not to move to it now at this time but as the original Location and then move to the Racecourse at the end of July (no further Horse racing scheduled until October).

All the above is just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm 100% right just thinking how things may have been done better.

And it should accelerate now that AZ and Jannsen are available to all ages.

AZ needs to be used for second doses of 60+ year olds next week and probably the week after. They are also saying 30-34 year olds can register from "late next week" for an MRNA so my guessing is that by the time AZ comes to pharmacies it will be offered only to under 30s

Jansen will be rolled out from Monday and there's only 40,000 of them so I would expect them to fly out the door, also it wouldn't surprise me if most of these get sent to south Dublin to help with the by-election on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Hubby (recently 62) is getting his second AZ today in the Racecourse today. He got his first on the 5th May. Just in case people are trying to map how it is progressing.

I found it very helpful following everyone else here.

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Hubby (recently 62) is getting his second AZ today in the Racecourse today. He got his first on the 5th May. Just in case people are trying to map how it is progressing.

I found it very helpful following everyone else here.

Family member of mine is also 62, getting her second AZ on Monday at the racecourse, only received the confirmation test late last night

I know the racecourse is closed on Sunday so I would make the assumption that they are doing first doses (probably 37 year olds) on Saturday... Looks like every second day is a first dose so I'm guessing one age group will get done every 4 days

Thursday - 37y 1st doses
    Friday 62y 2nd doses
    Saturday - 37y 1st doses
    Sunday - Closed
    Monday - 62y 2nd doses
    Tuesday - 36y 1st doses
    Wednesday - 61y 2nd doses
    Thursday - 36y 1st doses
    9th Friday - 61y 2nd doses
    1th Saturday - 35y 1sy doses
    11th Sunday - 60y 2nd doses
    12th Monday - 35y 1st doses
    13th Tuesday - 60y 2nd doss

Of course this is all speculation so pinch of salt needed but it looks like we are on track for 35 year olds to get first jab on Wednesday 14th, which would tie in with 30-34 year olds registering by the end of next week

• Advertisement

AZ needs to be used for second doses of 60+ year olds next week and probably the week after. They are also saying 30-34 year olds can register from "late next week" for an MRNA so my guessing is that by the time AZ comes to pharmacies it will be offered only to under 30s

Jansen will be rolled out from Monday and there's only 40,000 of them so I would expect them to fly out the door, also it wouldn't surprise me if most of these get sent to south Dublin to help with the by-election on Thursday
    No, most of them wont be sent to South Dublin. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on here. The HSE, not the government decide where the vaccines go.

Also your Janssen figures are totally wrong.
    The health service added that 60,000 Janssen doses have been allocated to approximately 700 pharmacies across Ireland.
    So far, around 7,000 of the doses have been used for people aged 50 or over. A further 70,000 doses are available to pharmacies, at short notice, if needed.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/pharmacies-vaccinate-18-34-monday-5483412-Jul2021/

So there are actually currently 123,000 Janssen doses available to pharmacies.

Advertisement