Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Janssen Vaccine 18+

Anyone know any pharmacies still taking names for Janssen? Based in Limerick but more than willing to travel - Cork, Clare, Tipp

I know there is a supply issue but can’t even get a name in a wait list even if they do answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so I've finally got my appointment for Sunday in the racecourse, but they want to give me the Moderna. No thanks. If I reply "New", will it just give me a new appointment with the same vaccine, or is there a possibility of getting a different vaccine? Basically, I will only take the Pfizer. I've no issues waiting until the last person in Ireland to get it, but only the Pfizer.

I'll ring them tomorrow if no one can confirm. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Family member (35) just got appointment for 1st jab (Moderna) at the Racecourse on Sunday 11th July.

Must be Moderna day on Sunday so!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Do I want to ask why you don't want Moderna?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭sioda

Ok, so I've finally got my appointment for Sunday in the racecourse, but they want to give me the Moderna. No thanks. If I reply "New", will it just give me a new appointment with the same vaccine, or is there a possibility of getting a different vaccine? Basically, I will only take the Pfizer. I've no issues waiting until the last person in Ireland to get it, but only the Pfizer.

I'll ring them tomorrow if no one can confirm. Cheers!

You refuse the vaccine you go to the back of the queue. Been stated a few times on the news.

Must be Moderna day on Sunday so!

They do both - all 3 in fact - in the Racecourse every day. Moderna is downstairs, Pfizer upstairs.
    Osk wrote: »
    Do I want to ask why you don't want Moderna?!

An example I can think of is travel. Some countries, such as the UAE recognise Pfizer as a vaccination but not Moderna. Europe for example, doesn't recognise the Sputnik one.
    sioda wrote: »
    You refuse the vaccine you go to the back of the queue. Been stated a few times on the news.

Wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They do both - all 3 in fact - in the Racecourse every day. Moderna is downstairs, Pfizer upstairs.
    Incorrect. On Monday AZ was upstairs and Pfizer downstairs. It changes from day to day.
    An example I can think of is travel. Some countries, such as the UAE recognise Pfizer as a vaccination but not Moderna. Europe for example, doesn't recognise the Sputnik one.
    They do recognise it as a vaccination. They just haven't cleared it for use in their territory.
    Wrong.
    That has actually been stated many times by members of the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It was Pfizer downstairs and Moderna upstairs for me and a few others

Incorrect. On Monday AZ was upstairs and Pfizer downstairs. It changes from day to day.

They do recognise it as a vaccination. They just haven't cleared it for use in their territory.

That has actually been stated many times by members of the government.

Does it really matter? All that matters is they do more than one type per day...

They don't recognise it as a vaccination. I know this because a guy I work with can't get Moderna for that very reason.

Link please. The back to the end of the queue ended months ago when we were only doing AZ. I'm aware of lots of people who texted back NEW and got a ... funny enough ... new appointment a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Errm -

Moderna now approved in the UAE

https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/video-emergency-use-of-moderna-vaccine---what-it-means-for-the-uae-1.80424016

Both Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are both mRNA vaccines. Fek all difference between them tbf.

Afaik we don't get to choose which vaccine is allocated.

Ok, I know all that, but what I'm asking is if I send back "New", will it still be Moderna or am I back in the lottery? I'll only take Pfizer for personal reasons, and as stated, I have no issues with waiting to be the last person if that's the case. Just wondering if anyone here has sent back "New" and got a different vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

While I'm not sure exactly but one thing is for sure... If you don't hit "new" you will definitely be getting moderna

Worst case scenario is you risk it and are back where you started before you asked for a new date

It might be a case that you will need to privately get a pfizer for yourself after the general public are vaccinated, are your personal reasons worth the wait and the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

Anyone know how strict they are on appointment times out at the racecourse? if you showed up earlier (say an hour) for your second appointment at the racecourse would you be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

I expect you would not be turned away but I suspect people not showing up at their allotted time contributes to how long people are waiting to get the jab. Some get in and out in <30min including the 15min wait and others have said they we in there for over an hour.

If its a second dose of AZ you are waiting on they are doing a walk in Clinic at the Racecourse on Saturday morning.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/coronavirus/649176/hse-to-offer-second-dose-of-astrazeneca-at-special-vaccination-clinic-in-limerick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

On my first appointment, they were making some people wait outside at the little roundabout as they were more than 10 minutes early. That was back in June, and it wasn't even that busy the day I was there. I have a friend that went for her second jab first thing in the morning on the day of her appointment, but her actual time was in the evening. She had a work engagement that she couldn't get out of so chanced her arm. Explained at the entrance and they let her in. That was in the Racecourse.

I'd say you could head out and plead your case. It doesn't seem to be mad busy there now and they're friendly enough to talk to. I had my second shot last Thursday, and was in and out in 25 minutes. No queue at all to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

My 2nd was 29 days after the first. You'll see your appointment on the HSE Vaccine site a few days before you get notification. I found it scheduled there on the Sunday before the appointment on Thursday, but I only got the text on the Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

There is no issue. I know of multiple people who attended at a different time (but on the same day) and there was no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I too would suspect that people coming at a unscheduled times are causing delays later in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Then again I was there with 3 people, 1 went in 20 mins early, the next 15 mins and the last was turned away even only being 10 mins early. He hung around at the "roundabout" and went back up and was allowed in. I can understand why they would be strict as it's very busy.

When I went for my own in Ennis I had to ask where they even open(so few people around) so rocked up 20 mins early and was the only person there for about 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

40 and 41 year olds being done in Dublin, Cork and Waterford this weekend, second shots

Not a peep in Limerick for 43 and 42 year olds

Great...........

• Registered Users Posts: 24,681 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

They will get their dose at the correct interval like everyone else. There is no conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Well clearly they won't, as younger cohorts in Dublin are getting theirs already, so no, they won't.

You get your 2nd 28 days after your first. If some people in Dublin got theres 26 days ago then they will get the 2nd this weekend that's how it works.

I'm slightly younger that those apparently with not a peep, getting my second dose this Sunday in the Racecourse - 26 days after I was there the first time. I had checked the portal about 6pm, and it wasn't there but I got the text there a while ago.

Just in time to go to the pub when they open on the 26th...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭sioda

42 here got my second appointment text this evening for jab 2 on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

43 here and got my 2nd jab today in the racecourse. Exactly 28days after my 1st. Almost to the hour actually.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Friend of mine is 46 and only got his second dose in Dublin yesterday, there are so many variables at play here I don't think it's possible to make sweeping statements like "no-one aged X has gotten their vaccine yet".

Also, for the love of god people can you just arrive on time to your appointment, yes it mightn't suit you at that time but I don't think anyone would mind if you put them off for a hour while you get the vaccine, I've had loads of incidents in work where people have said that wouldn't be available because of the vaccine and no-one minded in the slighted. The vaccine centres are trying to schedule 1,000s of people daily and are doing it in 15 minute slots, if everyone was to just turn up when it suited them it would be chaos, fair play to the staff for accommodating people when they can but they shouldn't have to in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Can you put the bit about being on time in mod voice so people have to do it :)

Advertisement