Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Stocking Fillers - Quickfire Walrus: The Un-Wrappening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Fair play A.S.L.B and a toast to the podium placers! I thought I could rely on Prince to grab me some big points but such is the unpredictability of Walrus. I'm still thinking about my Walrus; it'll definitely be different from the standard formula, coming soon. In the meantime, for the music fans out there...

Music Acts Picture Peehs Part 2

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That was good fun, thanks LeVar. And congrats to JohnGreenFan, some impressive scoring there. I think the best thing that can be said about my performance was that I was consistent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

phatkev wrote: »
    Nice one and glad you enjoyed it! I cant take full credit though, the first time I heard this song or band was Monday when they popped up on my discovery playlist on Spotify, thought it was the perfect song to meet your criteria

I was far more familiar with this artist, I first saw her at all together now last year and I've been hooked since

Oooh, I haven't had a chance to look at my Discovery this week I was so focused on this, that's something for tomorrow.

Zaph wrote: »
    That was good fun, thanks LeVar. And congrats to JohnGreenFan, some impressive scoring there. I think the best thing that can be said about my performance was that I was consistent. :D

I had a giggle when I put the final round scores into the leaderboard for yours

666, number of the beast... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Well done excellent Walrus and thanks for all the hard work ASLB, though I do think Celebrate An Emotional Fish deserved higher, its a great floorbanger and great to headbang to.

Well done JGF on a superb win.

I am going to enjoy listening to some new tunes from this over the holidays.

And the thread was trending on the homepage all evening, so thanks to everyone for posting throughout...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Great game like always LaVar, i'm already looking forward to your next one
    congrats on your victory JohnGreenFan

Good going LeVar, fair play to go through all that so quickly. The less I say about "Maniac" the better (and poor "Celebrate" scoring so low), but my score in that round certainly made up for it! :D

Well done JGF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Congrats JGF

Excellent walrus levar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good work LeVar, missed the second half to watch some soccerball, will catch up tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

***Drops Beat***

there's some whores in this house, there's some whores in this house, there's some whores in this house, there's some whores in this house, there's some whores in this house

and she's dancing like she never did before, right here on the Dublin dance floor

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I sense this will be a more controversial decision than Swift-gate in Round 1

In 5th place with 18 points is JohnGreenFan

Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion - WAP

I had heard this amidst all the "controversy" when it was released, and didn't think the lyrics were any more controversial than most rap songs, I just thought it was a fairly mediocre song and hadn't listened to it since, so wasn't expecting it to do very well here. Happy to say I was wrong and it's a really fun song, and would definitely have me up throwing some shapes in the club, ya know if I still went to clubs - been more than a few years since I've bothered with a nightclub, when late bars do the trick just fine.

Congrats winner JohnGreenFan, I suppose an arse worthy winner :D:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In 2nd place with 21 points is
    the purple tin

Los Bitchos - Pista (Great Start)

Absolutely adored this one from the very first listen, got in to the groove straight away and it was one I very much looked forward to every time it came to giving this category another listen. I actually didn't even notice until the second or third listen that there's no lyrics, I was so entranced by the groove. Finally, the curse is broken, we've stumbled upon a song we can both absolutely agree is 100% certified CHOON!!!

Los Bitchos supported Mac DeMarco in Vicar Street last year before the world went to shyte. Their drummer crowdsurfed over me before Mac himself who then climbed up and jumped off the balcony, great night :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks levar I'll be joining another one for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play LeVar. Some effort with short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well, soundtrack for today sorted!!

Congratulations JGF, well deserved, and very fitting that you are in the middle of yours!!

LeVar, a pleasure as always, thank you for organising!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 7th place with 16 points is Sawduck

Chip Taylor & The New Ukranians - F**k All The Perfect People
    Just listened to this album, really enjoyed it. Nice low-key simplicity and rawness to it. Bet it would be great to see them in a small venue

Edit: just googled him, didn't recognise the name.
    He wrote Wild Thing!
    He's Jon Voight's brother!
    So Angelina Jolie's uncle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Great show LeVar, well done to all involved and congrats to JGF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Congrats JGF, well played and to Aris and Homer on the podium.
    Cheers for the game LeVar, an awesome show as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

AHHHHHH I WON A WALRUS!!!!!

this is so exciting :D thanks Levar for running it!

AHHHHHH I WON A WALRUS!!!!!

this is so exciting :D thanks Levar for running it!

Welcome to the Winner's Circle!

We should really have a secret group or something for those only who have won a Walrus have access and we can just sit around and be smug. Or at least a Wikipedia page about Walruses and a list of all the winners.

I'm too lazy to go and check all the previous winners and how many wins people have, but someone should do one up and make a wiki page for it... :D

We should really have a secret group or something for those only who have won a Walrus have access and we can just sit around and be smug. Or at least a Wikipedia page about Walruses and a list of all the winners.

I'm too lazy to go and check all the previous winners and how many wins people have, but someone should do one up and make a wiki page for it... :D

Orrr maybe add a winners column to the walrus tables

Trigger wrote: »

Wiki Page! Wiki Page! Wiki Page! Wiki Page!

A measly column doesn't do the achievement of winning a Walrus justice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Wooden spoon column too:D

khalessi wrote: »

That can go on the Official Wikipedia Page too.

Dream big people, dream big. Wikipedia here we come.

Wiki Page! Wiki Page! Wiki Page! Wiki Page!

A measly column doesn't do the achievement of winning a Walrus justice. :pac:
    khalessi wrote: »
    That can go on the Official Wikipedia Page too.

Dream big people, dream big. Wikipedia here we come.

***Remembers how much a pain in the ass it is to create a Wiki page***

Winners Column and Wooden Spoon Column would be a start I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

We have a werewolf wiki page, dont think it was updated much.

• Advertisement

***Remembers how much a pain in the ass it is to create a Wiki page***

Winners Column and Wooden Spoon Column would be a start I guess.

Now wheres Necro, he likes doing that sort of Charlie work

Advertisement