Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2021 - General Discussion Thread (Read 1st post rules)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Macca running a special Gulf livery for Monaco, would love if they kept it full time!

https://www.facebook.com/12254981412/posts/10159219080851413/

And the reveal video:
    https://youtu.be/i84MJBtGmyg

Ruddy hell I hope they keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

McLaren-MCL35M-Gulf-Design-F1-Formel-1-GP-Monaco-2021-169Gallery-a649c023-1794614.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Love that. Just bought the baseball cap to go with that livery. Last bit of F1 merch I bought was a yellow Jordan Hornet t shirt from the old F1 store in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

Love that. Just bought the baseball cap to go with that livery. Last bit of F1 merch I bought was a yellow Jordan Hornet t shirt from the old F1 store in Cork.

On Parnell Place? Many a video I bought out of there

1-C751-B4-E-070-E-4-E5-C-9-C0-B-85-F09-F51-EA02.png

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

Is this what all the journo's were keeping under their hat, a new livery for one race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    On Parnell Place? Many a video I bought out of there

That’s the place. I’d say the T-shirt was the only thing I could afford in there. I’m sure it was still some ridiculous price ie 40 punts. I’d gawk at the Ferrari jackets and stuff. Never really understood how they lasted as long as they did. Never seemed to be anyone in there and, as I said, the prices were something else. Were they on maylor street briefly befor that, or am I imaging things. Also, wasn’t yet man who owned it a bouncer or something? Foggy memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There was one of them shops in Dublin too. I was only ever in once. Bought two Renault t-shirts in it half price. It was gone soon after that. Wish I had if known of it sooner but most of the prices were way above my budget.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

I'd actually buy merch/clothing if it was a permanent thing but no way in hell I'm shelling out for the price of that stuff if it's going to be outdated 2 weeks after it's revealed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

AMKC wrote: »
    There was one of them shops in Dublin too. I was only ever in once. Bought two Renault t-shirts in it half price. It was gone soon after that. Wish I had if known of it sooner but most of the prices were way above my budget.

There was several. One on Lower Liffey Street, and at least one in one of the shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

There was several. One on Lower Liffey Street, and at least one in one of the shopping centres.

There was one in Blanch shopping centre. Dragged my mother in there many a times as a little boy. Even then it was crazy money for anything at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's incredible. In the last days of Alonso, Button and Dennis the McLaren team were struggling to get sponsors. In comes Zak Brown, and I'll be honest I had my doubts about him, Norris and Sainz, with Seidl on the pit wall, and the team is unrecognisable and is capable of shaking up its livery its that stable with sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

flazio wrote: »
    It's incredible. In the last days of Alonso, Button and Dennis the McLaren team were struggling to get sponsors. In comes Zak Brown, and I'll be honest I had my doubts about him, Norris and Sainz, with Seidl on the pit wall, and the team is unrecognisable and is capable of shaking up its livery its that stable with sponsorship.
    I would have bet everything on Zak being a disaster for mcLaren. I thought he would be strong on the advertising side but run the team poorly but hes had the good sense to put the right people in there to get the team back on track.
    Not a fan of how they are currently funding -selling off the mcLaren factory.

Ms

Awe it was the Lower Liffey street shop I was in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I bought a t shirt in that liffey street shop. It would have been circa 1999. Jesus im getting old.

I have an awesome Jordan flag with the hornet on it. Must put it up with my other Jordan flag again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I have an awesome Jordan flag with the hornet on it. Must put it up with my other Jordan flag again :cool:

As do I! Got it in Liffy St I think in the late 90’s! The last bit of F1 merch I bought was a McLaren T-shirt (Button era) for €5 in TK Max

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

mickdw wrote: »
    I bought a t shirt in that liffey street shop. It would have been circa 1999. Jesus im getting old.

I still use my Minardi cap. I have a big Ferrari flag somewhere.

I had a model of the Jordan 197 I think it was, with the "Bitten and Hisses" sponsor. Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate it fully and it lost a few small bits :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Idleater wrote: »
    I still use my Minardi cap. I have a big Ferrari flag somewhere.

Don't pull out

This is it wrote: »
    I had a model of the Jordan 197 I think it was, with the "Bitten and Hisses" sponsor. Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate it fully and it lost a few small bits :/

Yup, that was the 197. I get my Jordan gear on Ebay these days. One of my rarer items is a 1995 t-shirt that still has the tag on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

Yup, that was the 197. I get my Jordan gear on Ebay these days. One of my rarer items is a 1995 t-shirt that still has the tag on it.

I have a team shirt from the Belgian GP in 2002, complete with the Be on Edge patches sown on over the benson and hedges

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

There was one in Blanch shopping centre. Dragged my mother in there many a times as a little boy. Even then it was crazy money for anything at all.

Amen brother! I got a 1998 Ferrari model in there ne year for my birthday, I still have it at home in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate it
    I would say you probably appreciated it more then now ;) Cars are for racing not just collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Just to follow up on the chat about F1 merch. M&M direct usually have some F1 stuff in at a good reduction.

Someone mentioned about wishing they didn't replace the stuff with new merch each year. I never worry about having the current year stock as long as it's the team gear then it's fine. My neighbour had years of Mclaren gear and now, like lots of fashion, his Mlaren Mercedes gear is back in style!

Anyway, some stock in here
    https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?search=formula+one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭flazio

^ 2019 German Grand Prix. That was some race.

Ms

Them white Mercedes really were not great looking. White just did not suit them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

flazio wrote: »

I loved every lap of that race.

^ 2019 German Grand Prix. That was some race.

I was devastated for LeClerc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

mickdw wrote: »
    I would have bet everything on Zak being a disaster for mcLaren. I thought he would be strong on the advertising side but run the team poorly but hes had the good sense to put the right people in there to get the team back on track.
    Not a fan of how they are currently funding -selling off the mcLaren factory.

He's still selling everything he can.... First the heritage collection (twice), Then the factory, Nothing will be left at this rate. I really don't know why they need all the cash? Is the road car division doing that bad?

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/bg21/the-lewis-hamilton-gp-winning-mclaren/lots/r0001-2010-mclaren-mercedes-mp4-25-formula-1/1073750

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement