Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Kilteragh

ronaneire wrote: »
    Jameson Black Barrel usually around €47.00 https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272228286

Quite a lot of whiskeys discounted there actually including Three Swallows also down to €30 and the Bulleit Bourbon and Rye are down €6 or €7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Large bottles of Smithwicks €2 in Super Valu in Market Cross Kilkenny only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Aldi still have the slabs of guiness?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lidl have them for €24

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Haven't seen this posted, might just be my local shop in the Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre, but

Supervalu

Magnum (1.5L!) of prosecco for €15 :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Is the slab offer in Lidl over now? Could you still get them tomorrow does anyone know? I can't find the post with the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    How much?
    €24 where available

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

What do you think is the beat Guinness glass the old one or Gravity Glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Luke774 wrote: »

For me, it's Gravity all the way but when I mention my preference to seasoned Guinness drinkers I might as well have said I wanted a pink umbrella in my glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

For me, it's Gravity all the way but when I mention my preference to seasoned Guinness drinkers I might as well have said I wanted a pink umbrella in my glass.

#me2

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Laura2021

Is the slab of Guinness still in lidl ? Any deals on Guinness in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan 70cl for €18 in supervalu, offer ends closing time tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Luke774 wrote: »

Gravity glass is akin to drinking expensive wine from a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

If you're into espresso martinis, Kahlua is €19 in Tesco. Usually have a bottle in the house and this is as cheap as I've seen it. €27 in Supervau for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Jameson Black Barrel gone back up to €43 in Tesco online. Roe and Co. Back up to €30. May still be at lower prices in store tonight, the website seems to go up a day in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Peroni 660ml €2.50 Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hoboo wrote: »

the Guinness glasses that came free with the 8/12/24 packs are all too small, so i took to drinking my Guinness from the birra morretti pint glass.

#notionsGuinness

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

ablelocks wrote: »
    the Guinness glasses that came free with the 8/12/24 packs are all too small, so i took to drinking my Guinness from the birra morretti pint glass.

#notionsGuinness

You could buy unbranded tulip pint glasses at about €1 each. [€50 for 48 inc VAT].

https://www.brennancateringsupplies.ie/Arcoroc-Tulip-Beer-Glasses-570ml-CE-Marked-48pc.html

Not sure about delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You could buy unbranded tulip pint glasses at about €1 each. [€50 for 48 inc VAT].

https://www.brennancateringsupplies.ie/Arcoroc-Tulip-Beer-Glasses-570ml-CE-Marked-48pc.html

Not sure about delivery charges.

Who the hell wants to buy 48 pint glasses for their house?

Anyway Pubs will be open soon enough and you will be able to pick up free glasses again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dunnes have pint glasses for a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

Seve OB wrote: »

Anyway Pubs will be open soon enough and you will be able to pick up free glasses again ;)
    dont think they will be open too soon......though i hope i wrong:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Seve OB wrote: »

I doubt anyone would, but it shows how much a Guinness branded one is @ €5 plus, depending on where you buy it.

I would not suggest you pinch them from pubs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Find a pub doing takeaway pints in pint glasses, my local is. €1 deposit on the glass, sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco were selling Rockshore and Hop House 13 branded pint glasses for €1 each recently or one free if you bought a 6 pack of either beer cans. They had Guinness glasses too in the same deal but they were the 470ml ones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dunnes have pint glasses for a couple of euro.

Got 2 for €7 in Lidl, a few different Guinness varieties - all to fit a can size.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bazz26 wrote: »
    Tesco were selling Rockshore and Hop House 13 branded pint glasses for €1 each recently or one free if you bought a 6 pack of either beer cans. They had Guinness glasses too in the same deal but they were the 470ml ones.
    Mr Price sells various branded pint glasses at €1 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunnes have 15% off wine & champagne until 04/04

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bombay Bramble down to 27 in Tesco. It's lovely.
    Some might not like it but hey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Hoboo wrote: »

Except that Guinness is one of the cheapest drinks to be got.

Advertisement