Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Full game worth a watch if anyone isn't all Rugbyed out!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

highlanders nil, jordie barrett 30

jesus the highlanders were piss poor this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Does anyone know the story with Vince Aso..is he injured again?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    highlanders nil, jordie barrett 30

jesus the highlanders were piss poor this morning

Nil? Final score 19-30. (HT 7-17)

Himeno made his debut off the bench too.

hahashake wrote: »
    Nil? Final score 19-30. (HT 7-17)

Himeno made his debut off the bench too.

yeah i was just pee'd off at that performance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It really was not worth waking up for. Highlanders defeated themselves. In the first half they got turned over just short of the try line at least 3 times. They had something like 89% of territory for the first 30 minutes or so and no score. Hurricanes were 10 points to the good at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Battle between Jordie Barrett and Damian McKenzie for No. 15 shirt on the AB's should be interesting.

Battle between Jordie Barrett and Damian McKenzie for No. 15 shirt on the AB's should be interesting.

For me Jordi starts with Dmak the perfect 22

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

For me Jordi starts with Dmak the perfect 22

*Will Jordan*

Ahead of dmac in any case.

Cracking finish this morning.

Chiefs beat the blues 15 - 12 with a last minute Dmak try.

Chiefs better without gatland?? :)

• Advertisement

Cracking finish this morning.

Chiefs beat the blues 15 - 12 with a last minute Dmak try.

Chiefs better without gatland?? :)

It was a great game despite the errors. Man, NZ has just about as many quality loose forward options as Leinster :p

Crusaders are going to pi$$ home in the competition now.... Pity.... I was looking forward to a final round all or nothing

Still games to be played but yes, Crusaders look well ahead of the chasing pack.

McMillan is a well-respected coach, wouldn't be too surprised if Gatland gets another job and McMillan stays on. Though there mightn't be any top jobs if Jones isn't given the boot.

Nice battle between Jordie and DMac for the 15 jersey (not to mention Jordan and Havili).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Crusaders are going to pi$$ home in the competition now.... Pity.... I was looking forward to a final round all or nothing

I thought there was a final this year.
    And no I don't want to discuss the Blues.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I thought there was a final this year.
    And no I don't want to discuss the Blues.

youre right, i see theres a final proposed this year...

race for second place then i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Waratahs well beaten again. They have declined badly with no sign of stopping the rot.

Waratahs well beaten again. They have declined badly with no sign of stopping the rot.

Well they just sacked Penney, so they are trying. Probably goes much deeper than him though.

Only 4 tahs in the wallaby 40 man squad is a damning indictment as to where they are at.....

Feel sorry for penny as the squad he had to work with just aren't that good.

Highlanders out on the turps syd. Or at least some of them. Reducing the squad by 6 before the crusaders is making a hard task even harder.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Highlanders out on the turps syd. Or at least some of them. Reducing the squad by 6 before the crusaders is making a hard task even harder.

Yeah there's a feeling of 'lets get this over with' about that selection.. Not looking good at all.... Those lads need to hang their heads

One shining light though, James Lentjes back playing competitive rugby after a whole year out with a horrific leg break this time last year.

• Advertisement

Himeno starting too, he looked to be a real livewire off the bench. Edit: Regan hasn't been in any squads for a while but he was ultimately a late injury call up, so once players are fit then he was bound to be down the pecking order. Still might get more game time as he was completely serviceable when he did play.

Crusaders by 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

hahashake wrote: »
    Himeno starting too, he looked to be a real livewire off the bench. Edit: Regan hasn't been in any squads for a while but he was ultimately a late injury call up, so once players are fit then he was bound to be down the pecking order. Still might get more game time as he was completely serviceable when he did play.

Crusaders by 15.

Read in an interview from him last week that he's had a fair bit of interest from the provinces and he's waiting to hear if the highlanders will offer him a proper contract as was only a training contract he was brought into the team on

Read in an interview from him last week that he's had a fair bit of interest from the provinces and he's waiting to hear if the highlanders will offer him a proper contract as was only a training contract he was brought into the team on

Gavin Thornbury did a season for a Div 2 NPC side before getting a call up from Connacht so I would be surprised if Regan doesn't get an offer from an Irish province after this. Still, another year in NZ mightn't be so bad if things don't drastically change for the better in other ways...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Would Ulster give him a go?

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Would Ulster give him a go?

Ulster let him go only 16 months ago

Cane out for 6 months. Whitelock will probably be AB captain.

And the provincial comp (formerly Mitre 10 cup) is now the Bunnings NPC. The third hardware store in a row to sponsor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Ulster let him go only 16 months ago

What was the reason?

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    What was the reason?

Do they ever publish the reasons behind an academy player being released??

I'm not sure they do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He's said it as much himself in interviews, he was injured with a back injury for a good stretch of his academy deal, so Ulster felt his development wasn't coming along as they expected. He was also a bit on the smaller side for a pro lock, he's put on 8 or 9 kg since he went to NZ and he admits himself his mentality had changed a lot in terms of the determination.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/i-was-f-this-is-an-all-black-hitting-me-in-the-head-this-is-going-to-be-great-he-is-going-to-be-gone-one-of-their-main-players-regan-highlanders-super-rugby/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The SuperRugby Aoteara RugbyPass price now reduced to €20, might suit people who weren’t in a position to watch the early rounds overnight before the time change,

Also there’s an app now and Chromecast support.

Advertisement