Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

hahashake wrote: »
    Chiefs were up 20-11 at half time against the Highlanders. Don't know if it's fitness, mentality or lack of depth but they can't seem to go the 80. Crusaders are a much better team but the Chiefs have to wonder why they are falling apart in the second half. How about the finish from Leicester Fainganuku though?!

Red v Brumbies was great entertainment.

On paper the scoreline, or worse, was expected. Crusaders have been slow to start in the previous two games but I was expecting them to be at least 7 points ahead by half-time.

Have little time for Paul Williams, he was the far poorer ref the past two weekends and his call to award the try (and therefore the yellow card) was the end of Chiefs.

That finish was epic, such acrobatics and control of his body. We marvelled at Andrew Conway getting his feet up and the ball just millimetres inside the touch line but this was another level altogether.

Can't get excited about Super Rugby Australia at all. My alarm is set for 3.30am tomorrow. Kinda glad Jack Regan isn't playing (though he has travelled) because now I don't feel guilty for being a Blues fan!!

Stupidly used the same alarm as last Sunday, game an hour later. Missed the first half :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

anyone kind enough to post her the crunch games we should watch and when they're on ? I'm a little fuzzy on the super rugby clubs and which ones have all black players and so on . Yeagh, deInternet is my friend but a bit of info and upcoming schedules , i'd get up at 6/7am to watch a cracking crunch match .

The biggest one so far in Super Rugby Aotearoa is Crusaders v Blues next Sunday at 2.35am. Hurricanes v Chiefs on Saturday won't be quite so exciting.

The following weekend returns to my preferred pattern of games at 6.05 on Friday and 6.05 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

anyone kind enough to post her the crunch games we should watch and when they're on ? I'm a little fuzzy on the super rugby clubs and which ones have all black players and so on . Yeagh, deInternet is my friend but a bit of info and upcoming schedules , i'd get up at 6/7am to watch a cracking crunch match .

The biggest game right now is Blues vs Crusaders, which is unfortunately next week at 3 in the morning on Sunday. So either you need to stay up late or set an alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The biggest game right now is Blues vs Crusaders, which is unfortunately next week at 3 in the morning on Sunday. So either you need to stay up late or set an alarm.

...or watch a full game replay on rugbypass at 10 am on Sunday morning...

wil watch the replay at 10 (11 german time) . Also have enough time to get a bit more into the lineups/location/history of the clubs. thanks

Usually refs get stick for letting marginal forward passes go, however to me this is clearly going backwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGXJLYHSuXI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Usually refs get stick for letting marginal forward passes go, however to me this is clearly going backwards:

Yea, unless the laws have changed that pass is fine. I would of thought this is like one of those textbook instances refs have to watch during their training and are told to be careful not to get it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Thats an awful call from the refs.
    Did anyone watch the Blues v Highlanders match? I only saw the highlights. Just wondering who stood out.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the Blues v Highlanders match? I only saw the highlights. Just wondering who stood out.

only highlights for me too... that 2:30 am kick off is a PITH

At least when it was on Sky I could record it and watch it with breakfast.

Only 9 people in the boards.ie Superbru prediction pool for Super Rugby Aotearoa?

Happy to be top of the lot for now. Decent national, global and Blues fan position too :D

Loose forwards for the Blues were immense. Think Brown said before the game that they were more like a South African pack with their size but they are very mobile and skilful too. Akira in particular was very good. Black played well too at 10 and Plummer went alright at 12.

I'd love to see Akira really establish himself as a top blindside. He has all the skills and physical abilities to be another Jerome Kaino. But with pace.

I'd love to see Akira really establish himself as a top blindside. He has all the skills and physical abilities to be another Jerome Kaino. But with pace.

If he can maintain his form and fitness he will be a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

He's had a brilliant turn around. Used to let games go by and was always liable for for a few dumb penalties, but he's a lot more effective now.

Is it just me or does Reiko look a little slimmer this year? Certainly seems to have gotten a little of that acceleration back that he lost last year imo.

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/fakatava-extends-stay-at-highlanders/638225

Highlanders under-study scrumhalf Folau Fakatava will remain in Otago until 2023, having recently signed an extension with the Franchise.

happy days !

sydthebeat wrote: »

Highlanders under-study scrumhalf Folau Fakatava will remain in Otago until 2023, having recently signed an extension with the Franchise.

happy days !

Not a huge surprise as he is likely in the world cup squad but good news regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

sydthebeat wrote: »

happy days !

Great news but I'd 1000% make him chop that mullet as part of the terms of the extension.

• Advertisement

Blues v Crusaders looks tasty, on paper the Crusaders are stronger everywhere except loose forwards. However I'm hoping the Blues keep it close in front of what should be a massive home crowd. Worth noting Jager is back on the bench so his injury mustn't have been too serious.

I'm sure Regan at the Highlanders is still nursing a hangover if my memories of St. Patrick's day in Dunedin are anything to go by...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Waraths well beaten again 33-14 - this time by Rebels in Melbourne. 2 Late tries for the visitors gave the game a lopsided scoreline.

Waraths well beaten again 33-14 - this time by Rebels in Melbourne. 2 Late tries for the visitors gave the game a lopsided scoreline.

That's 0-3 for the Tahs, shocking start to the season for the strongest rugby city and state in Australia. Not too dissimilar to the Blues a few years back I suppose.

What is it with the biggest cities choosing blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

That's 0-3 for the Tahs, shocking start to the season for the strongest rugby city and state in Australia. Not too dissimilar to the Blues a few years back I suppose.

What is it with the biggest cities choosing blue?

It works for Leinster ok but not down under in 'G'day G'day' land!

No live game on RugbyPass!!! Up at this hour and they're showing a week old preview of Blues v Highlanders.

Edit: finally came on 15 minutes into the game, having missed a lot of action :mad:

Chiefs stopped the rot

Might watch this one back tomorrow

What a comeback. Great game, DMac should start at 10.

Cracking game so far, being played at warp speed!

Much closer than the scoreline suggests. And now to sleep!

• Advertisement

Advertisement