Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: ROUND 16 Bahrain 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

recyclebin wrote: »
    Did he say he had an option for 2021 as well?

I'd say the option is a test/reserve for whoever he's racing for in 2022.

I reckon it's Sauber/Alfa Romeo.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/georgerussell63/status/1335665899391643650?s=21

Ah you can’t help but feel sorry for him. He did everything right.

Whether people agree or disagree, Bottas is a good barometer to see where you are. Are you a middling driver who does well in a good car or have you that extra 10%?

All the disadvantages Russell had this weekend in that car and he showed he has that extra 10% and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Checo saying he has a seat for 2022 at least.

Wonder where the 2022 option is?

Either replacing Alonso or Raikonen maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Surely Albon has to go now. Has shown nothing all season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Well that race took an interesting turn ( under statement ). Brilliant for Perez . after a lap turn like that , great drive and Finally the top step for him . Great drive from Ocon was well for his Podium spot . Stroll Did all right for his third spot , his medium tires were well old by then.

Sainz was very good again and a Decent Drive from Riccardo .Pretty Similar from both of them .
    Albon I suppose made a good recovery from his starting point he did get a good few passes in today and finishing 6th is not too bad but its not good enough from him and the car he is in .
    Dani Kvyat , another Driver losing his seat . Good all weekend and very good again today . Gasly is the clear number one in Alpha Tauri but every time he has an off weekend Dani Kvyat seems to step up and grab some points .

Russell and Bottas . both had bad starts , Russell recovered it much quicker that Bottas and was driving very well . Pretty sure it was his race to win , Bottas was better after the tire change he was closing not sure he would have passed had he caught him . All I can say is that was a complete and utter mess by the Pit crew . What ever F- up they did to Russell , they doubled down and screwed Bottas completely , Putting ****e tires back on ...Ha .
    Not sure I would want to be in that race review . Probably not as bad as it would be if that was for a championship . Russell must be at a loss. He had done everything right . He may get a second chance next weekend .

Speaking of Poor Pit crews ...That guy working on Vettel's Front left needs to be fired . Three Races now he has failed to get the damn thing on .

All in all , Great Result for Perez and for Racing point Double podium . When was the last time a Team other that Mercedes , Ferrari or Redbull managed that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wonder where the 2022 option is?

Either replacing Alonso or Raikonen maybe?

Alonso signed for 1 or 2 years?

I hope Red bull sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/georgerussell63/status/1335665899391643650?s=21

Ah you can’t help but feel sorry for him. He did everything right.

Whether people agree or disagree, Bottas is a good barometer to see where you are. Are you a middling driver who does well in a good car or have you that extra 10%?

All the disadvantages Russell had this weekend in that car and he showed he has that extra 10% and more.

Bottas choked yet again at the beginning of the race while a much younger, inexperienced In a Mercedes driver pulled the bull by the horns and just ran with it.

I feel for Russell. He did absolutely everything right. Hopefully he’ll get to put it right next week.

Bottas on the other hand did very little right but the pit crew saved his blushes.

Not been said much but also delighted for Ocon to get a podium. From his parents literally selling their house for his career, taking a year out, and getting 2nd place. Delighted for him.
    The F1 YouTube channel had an interesting pick up.
    Watch the rear left tyre rolling away. That seems to be the catalyst for all the chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Can’t wait to hear Bottas try and justify why he was soooo bad today.

No doubt he’ll blame the pit crew.

I hope everyone rememberS where he was before that happened especially the media he told to **** off not so long ago.
    Bottas choked yet again at the beginning of the race while a much younger, inexperienced In a Mercedes driver pulled the bull by the horns and just ran with it.

I feel for Russell. He did absolutely everything right. Hopefully he’ll get to put it right next week.

Bottas on the other hand did very little right but the pit crew saved his blushes.

Jesus, you're like a broken record with your hatred of Bottas. Totally ott. According to you the pit farce had nothing to do with his result, yet it did affect Russell. I'd love to see what you'd say if that happened to Lewis.

Pathetic.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Pit crew saved Bottas’ blushes? He came in and left on the same tyres he came in with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hamilton will be there next weekend. If there’s one thing he likes doing it’s overcoming the toughest of odds.

Maybe he will race next weekend but I doubt it. Either way I would not consider it a reflection of Hamilton’s ability to “overcome the toughest of odds”.

OH so this is the rule for tyres

24.2 Quantity, selection and specification of tyres during an Event:

a) Except under Articles 24.1(b), 24.4(e) and 24.4(f), no driver may use more than thirteen sets of dry-weather tyres, four sets of intermediate tyres and three sets of wet-weather tyres during an Event. A complete set of tyres will be deemed to comprise two front and two rear tyres all of which must be of the same specification and as allocated by the FIA, however, sets of the same specification may be mixed following the qualifying practice session.

24.3 Control of tyres

e) The use of tyres without appropriate identification may result in a grid position penalty or disqualification from the race.

not sure how this will turn out for Russell

Slam dunk DQ for George.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Russell facing disqualification - how unlucky can one driver be !! And all started by his replacement at Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

LeClerc given 3 place grid penalty for next week

He finally got one LeClerc that is

flazio wrote: »
    Not been said much but also delighted for Ocon to get a podium. From his parents literally selling their house for his career, taking a year out, and getting 2nd place. Delighted for him.
    The F1 YouTube channel had an interesting pick up.
    Watch the rear left tyre rolling away. That seems to be the catalyst for all the chaos.

Wolff confirmed that one side of the garage didn't hear the call for the late stop.

Bottas was sitting stationary for 29 seconds, which is 6 seconds longer than a whole pit stop (23 seconds). That after been delayed for another second behind Russell as he moved off and a mechanic ran in front of him with a tyre.

Then he's sent back out with the same set of hards he came in with, while all around him were on mediums.

But according to some on here, that had no effect on his race and he's just useless.

Last time there was a tyre f up like this was Bottas at Williams actually. Belgium 2016

Really it's Bottas bad luck has got so bad now it has infected the Team as a whole

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Slam dunk DQ for George.

That sums up a criminal cock-up by the Merc team all round. Bad luck for George too. Thought he had his first points and all...

• Advertisement

Last time there was a tyre f up like this was Bottas at Williams actually. Belgium 2016

Mercs in Hockenheim last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

*May* result in grid penalty or DQ

Not quite a slam dunk DQ.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Slam dunk DQ for George.

Not necessarily IMHO

Mercs in Hockenheim last year

They didn't send anyone out on the wrong tyres if I remember correctly, whereas in the incident I highlighted, Bottas had one hard and 3 softs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

How did George Russell move from Williams to Mercedes. I didn't understand that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

They didn't send anyone out on the wrong tyres if I remember correctly, whereas in the incident I highlighted, Bottas had one hard and 3 softs.

The issue is VB marked tyres were fitted to GRS car bringing his tyre usage to 14 sets when only one 13 are allowed

2011 wrote: »
    Not necessarily IMHO

Max 13 sets.

He used 14

Cant really see what other option they have

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Apparently George should be ok, Brundle said since it was changed within 3 laps he should be ok.

ElisaAtWar wrote: »

Lewis contracted Covid, so Russells manager, Toto Wolff, asked Williams to release him to race for Mercedes-Benz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ElisaAtWar wrote: »

He is primarily a Mercedes driver and "loaned" to Williams.

Advertisement