Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: ROUND 16 Bahrain 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Is Racing Point not a Canadian team? Where's Oh Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tzardine wrote: »
    Once the disappointment fades for George he can reflect on an amazing day at the office.

He has secured his future with that drive.

Absolutely. Makes the contract negotiations a lot easier for him.

Add another zero there lads.

Once the disappointment fades for George he can reflect on an amazing day at the office.

And hopefully any nonsense talk of him only beating a poor teammate and being a Saturday warrior is put to bed. Measured, got the move done on Bottas when he needed to (twice) made zero mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thought Racing Point was Canadian?
    Anyway delighted to hear they sent up a Jordan man to the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

recyclebin wrote: »

UK based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

English. Across the road from Silverstone.

I know where they are based but where are they registered? For example Red Bull is Austrian but based in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I know where they are based but where are they registered? For example Red Bull is Austrian but based in UK.

UK.

Strange they didn't reregister as Canadian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah. I think his performance will have done him the world of good long term, and Mercedes will be looking at him in their lineup for 2022.

• Advertisement

Russell must be guaranteed a Mercedes seat in 2022 otherwise someone would have poached him by now.

Russell must be guaranteed a Mercedes seat in 2022 otherwise someone would have poached him by now.

Would be hilarious if red bull managed to poach him.

Ps... I know this won’t happen but a boy can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Delighted for Perez - Sergio has raced well all season and again today out raced Lance.

I fear from the way Sergio was talking that he is not racing next year which is a travesty.

Russell deserves another run next weekend and it's probable considering the number of hurdles Lewis has to get past.

Russell to replace Bottas next season ??

A little embarrassing hearing Omar talking up Lance imho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Toto hilariously calling it a "colossal **** up" live on Sky. Simon Lazenby nearly crapped himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Collosal f*ck up, fair play.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Toto lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Infoanon wrote: »
    Delighted for Perez - Sergio has raced well all season and again today out raced Lance.

I fear from the way Sergio was talking that he is not racing next year which is a travesty.

Russell deserves another run next weekend and it's probable considering the number of hurdles Lewis has to get past.

A little embarrassing hearing Omar talking up Lance imho
    After that showing I would say Lewis will have to retire before Russell gets a Merc seat.

Infoanon wrote: »

Hamilton will be there next weekend. If there’s one thing he likes doing it’s overcoming the toughest of odds.

Russell won’t replace Bottas. Not even a remote chance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamilton will be there next weekend. If there’s one thing he likes doing it’s overcoming the toughest of odds.

Russell won’t replace Bottas. Not even a remote chance of it.

He has to return 4 consecutive Negative tests and he still has symptoms until either yesterday or today

If Lewis sticks around for 2022 then I can't see them keeping Bottas and will bring in Russell then.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    He has to return 4 consecutive Negative tests and he still has symptoms until either yesterday or today

Yes but he will over come though odds. Probably have a flat tyre on the way to get the test too but somehow he’ll manage it.

[QUOTEand =murphyebass;115533897]Hamilton will be there next weekend. If there’s one thing he likes doing it’s overcoming the toughest of odds.

Russell won’t replace Bottas. Not even a remote chance of it.[/QUOTE]

Open to correction but covid rules in Bahrain mean he can't leave before Thursday and only if he has a negative test. Then needs a dispensation to enter Abu Dhabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

While Russell was talking to Sky you could see Perez in the background being interviewed still holding his trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Why can't they make bigger face masks in F1. Lawrence Stroll looks like he's wearing a kids one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

He's on F1 YouTube now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Checo saying he has a seat for 2022 at least.

Did he say he had an option for 2021 as well?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think he said it wasn't up to him yet.

• Advertisement

Basically said out of his hands.

Advertisement