Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mairead Philpott freed after serving half her sentence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

In fairness you are right there. Don't know why that is either.

We are talking (giving out and ranting) about the murders of children in a household though. I can only put my view out there that a lot of the tragedies are the result of men wanting to regain or sustain control through their partners/wives. There are so many incidences.

You still haven't provided any evidence to support your earlier claims.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

In these kinds of threads where a mother has killed/helped to kill her children there are always posters bending over backwards to shift the responsibility elsewhere. It's really quite concerning.

As a man I can see you're concerned that men could be blamed for women's crimes, but regarding this particular case, knowing the facts and Mick Philpott's history, the age of his teen lovers, his predatory nature, his previous convictions, that included knee hammer punishment and crossbow shots for paying too much attention to the kids, how he took them dogging and controlled them along with his friends stories of his actions and the police recording of what he said to Mairead in the hotel and police van... would you be in agreement that he was the main force in the killing of the kids?

Or do you think his (fairly stupid & foul) wife was the master planner of the crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

nullzero wrote: »

What would you like me to provide?

Controlling again lol...:P

What would you like me to provide?

Controlling again lol...:P

Are you assuming my gender?

Anything would be nice seeing how quick you were to ask me to rebuff your statement.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sarcozies

walshb wrote: »
    As they should.

A fooking cancer on society.. widespread devastation caused.

But yes, this evil woman deserved minimum 30 years IMO..

Jailing people over drugs for 35 years does nothing to curb drug addiction and it's ramifications.

The war on drugs was a bad idea. The war on parents murdering 6 of their children isn't.

• Advertisement

John_Rambo wrote: »
    As a man I can see you're concerned that men could be blamed for women's crimes, but regarding this particular case, knowing the facts and Mick Philpott's history, the age of his teen lovers, his predatory nature, his previous convictions, that included knee hammer punishment and crossbow shots for paying too much attention to the kids, how he took them dogging and controlled them along with his friends stories of his actions and the police recording of what he said to Mairead in the hotel and police van... would you be in agreement that he was the main force in the killing of the kids?

Or do you think his (fairly stupid & foul) wife was the master planner of the crime?

Mick Philpott sounds like an horrendous man, but most men are not like that at all.

That has to be recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I agree with your assessment of Mick Philpott, but I never said she was the master planner so not sure what your point is? Stupid and foul is one way to describe someone who helps to end 6 lives by probably the most horrific way imaginable. There is no excuse for this, no matter how hard you try to claim there is. That you are trying to at all, is what I find concerning. Not your opening sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Well, I have seen the effects of PND and often it is not acknowledged as a big issue for post partum women. And it can lead to very difficult issues. I have seen it in my own family. Awful stuff.

In truth, I doubt you have much real experience of anything. You and your kind are an absolute disgrace, using any opportunity to have a go at men usually because you are bitter from a previous relationship.

Women attacking and controlling men in relationships is extremely common in this country but the culture of reporting it is unfortunately not that common because of this common societal norm here that men are expected to man up and most likely they would get little to no help from the gards on top of this.

One of the main reasons why this is, is because you and your kind can never see anything wrong with what a woman does. Women good, man evil.

Sarcozies wrote: »
    Jailing people over drugs for 35 years does nothing to curb drug addiction and it's ramifications.

The war on drugs was a bad idea. The war on parents murdering 6 of their children isn't.

Indeed, the prisons in America are full to the rafters with these type of inmates and the social problems it leads to are all pervasive. A new method of dealing with that issue is badly needed.

Glazers Out!

Are you assuming my gender?

Anything would be nice seeing how quick you were to ask me to rebuff your statement.

Ah chill FGS, we are just talking and shooting the breeze.

Do you know what gender I am lol.

• Advertisement

You won’t get any either.

There’s always somebody ready to rationalise the part someone plays in committing horrific crimes such as the murder of her 6 children, when it suits their own agenda.

The people who played a part here, including the mother, should all have swung from the gallows. Capital punishment for crimes like this is perfectly appropriate.

One day, that murderous woman will have her life ended, with any luck at all.

Ah chill FGS, we are just talking and shooting the breeze.

Do you know what gender I am lol.

Is that what we're doing now?

So you can't provide any evidence to back up what you said so now it's all a laugh and a joke?

I'm in no way interested in your gender, I thought what I said about assuming gender was obviously tongue in cheek.

Glazers Out!

In truth, I doubt you have much real experience of anything. You and your kind are an absolute disgrace, using any opportunity to have a go at men usually because you are bitter from a previous relationship.

Women attacking and controlling men in relationships is extremely common in this country but the culture of reporting it is unfortunately not that common because of this common societal norm here that men are expected to man up and most likely they would get little to no help from the gards on top of this.

One of the main reasons why this is, is because you and your kind can never see anything wrong with what a woman does. Women good, man evil.

You sound very concerned LOL. I am not, and do you know what gender or whatever the F I can identify now is? You don't.

Is that what we're doing now?

So you can't provide any evidence to back up what you said so now it's all a laugh and a joke?

I'm in no way interested in your gender, I thought what I said about assuming gender was obviously tongue in cheek.

Ah OK. :P

Ah OK. :P

So you're telling me not to hold my breath for that evidence then?

Glazers Out!

So you're telling me not to hold my breath for that evidence then?

I can't tell you anything. I am not a controller, just an anon poster here. That OK with you?

All these threads and posts disappear within days, no need to get angry. It is all in the moment.

I can't tell you anything. I am not a controller, just an anon poster here. That OK with you?

All these threads and posts disappear within days, no need to get angry. It is all in the moment.

Who said I was angry?

It's a given that if you make a statement in a debate that you should be able to back up that statement with evidence.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you however, one difference that has been noted between male and female murderers is that females have a higher tendency to kill people known to them (family members such as children) than their male counterparts who tend to kill strangers more often. A cursory Internet search will show that to be true, I'm sure you will follow it up diligently.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Montage of Feck do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Well, I have seen the effects of PND and often it is not acknowledged as a big issue for post partum women. And it can lead to very difficult issues. I have seen it in my own family. Awful stuff.

No, you are just a clown making extremely sexist claims and then when you have been found out for your bull**** claims, you start making out we are only shooting the breeze. Typically cowardly behavior.

In truth, I've had enough of you and your kind, your poison and all you end up doing is driving a bigger wedge between the two sexes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    You reported my post but thanked a post that said a woman should be kicked in the womb to stop her reproducing?

Good man.

Woman. And I never said “everyone” should.

If she was I wouldn’t lose a seconds sleep.

• Advertisement

Who said I was angry?

It's a given that if you make a statement in a debate that you should be able to back up that statement with evidence.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you however, one difference that has been noted between male and female murderers is that females have a higher tendency to kill people known to them (family members such as children) than their male counterparts who tend to kill strangers more often. A cursory Internet search will show that to be true, I'm sure you will follow it up diligently.

OK. Thanks for the information.

Just to mention, this place is not the debating forum of the Universities. Sick of that sh1t.

We, well me will not be told what to do anymore, so as long as it is legal, off we go!

No, you are just a clown making extremely sexist claims and then when you have been found out for your bull**** claims, you start making out we are only shooting the breeze. Typically cowardly behavior.

In truth, I've had enough of you and your kind, your poison and all you end up doing is driving a bigger wedge between the two sexes.

Log out so. :P

OK. Thanks for the information.

Just to mention, this place is not the debating forum of the Universities. Sick of that sh1t.

We, well me will not be told what to do anymore, so as long as it is legal, off we go!

Debating forum of the universities?
    Sick of that sh1t?

I'm struggling to understand this post, and FYI the standard of debate on this site, whilst occasionally poor is for the most part of a high standard as the users for the most part tend to engage in good faith at the very least, you yourself have over 14 000 posts on this site, surely this isn't lost on you?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I agree with your assessment of Mick Philpott, but I never said she was the master planner so not sure what your point is? Stupid and foul is one way to describe someone who helps to end 6 lives by probably the most horrific way imaginable. There is no excuse for this, no matter how hard you try to claim there is. That you are trying to at all, is what I find concerning. Not your opening sentence.

I'm afraid I don't know what that bolded part means means, nor your concerns. However, it seems we're in agreement along with everyone including the prosecutors, the jury and the judge that Mick Philpott was the instigator and master mind of the murder of the children and that his wife was a foul, moronic & manipulated idiot that went along with the manipulators plan that had the tragic outcome that was the death of children. I don't defend her or condone her, but the majority of blame lies with him. You know it, I know it and everyone with good cop on and a good moral compass knows it.

Debating forum of the universities?
    Sick of that sh1t?

I'm struggling to understand this post, and FYI the standard of debate on this site, whilst occasionally poor is for the most part of a high standard as the users for the most part tend to engage in good faith at the very least, you yourself have over 14 000 posts on this site, surely this isn't lost on you?

I am flattered that you noticed my long time membership on here. Thank you.

I can talk sh!t, I can talk good sometimes. No worries. That's Boards for ya.

Best wishes from Anon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Jimwallace197 and Spanish Eyes do not post in this thread again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

No need, but some men are awful and most murders of children are the result of their pathologic hatred.

I do realise that mothers can kill and all that, but that is usually mental illness related. Whereas men just do it because they want to be in control.

Agenda at play.

Man hating nonsense. Evil exists on both sides of the spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I'm afraid I don't know what that bolded part means means, nor your concerns. However, it seems we're in agreement along with everyone including the prosecutors, the jury and the judge that Mick Philpott was the instigator and master mind of the murder of the children and that his wife was a foul, moronic & manipulated idiot that went along with the manipulators plan that had the tragic outcome that was the death of children. I don't defend her or condone her, but the majority of blame lies with him. You know it, I know it and everyone with good cop on and a good moral compass knows it.

Again, I never said otherwise.

Most people of low intelligence don't kill their children. Most victims of abusive relationships don't kill their children. You point to these things as the explanation, never considering she that she wanted to kill her children or was unconcerned that she had (her actions in the following days support this). In doing so you are absolutely trying to excuse her, why? She has to shoulder the responsibility for her actions, and 8 years for those actions is scandalous. Thankfully, virtually everyone is agreement on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why is she getting a new identity?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Why is she getting a new identity?

To make it harder to ensure justice is served.

Advertisement