Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Carrickpherish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Deiseen wrote: »
    Why go on holiday when you have such a beautiful chalet to live in all year round?

Shouldn't that be Château. What kind of comoner would want to live in chalet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I passed over that way this morning and you wouldn't see as many cameras on Portlaoise prison as there are on the new estate, it's a real pity it has to be that way as the place looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

marlin vs wrote:
    I passed over that way this morning and you wouldn't see as many cameras on Portlaoise prison as there are on the new estate, it's a real pity it has to be that way as the place looks well.

Buildings certainly look well, but are those cameras there just during building or permanent? Such permanence sounds like an awful existence

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hodger

Azatadine wrote: »
    Which political party was it?

At the time PBP had a few posts on their facebook being critical and playing the racism card over the way the councillors voted.

Hodger wrote: »
    At the time PBP had a few posts on their facebook being critical and playing the racism card over the way the councillors voted.

happy days, we ll make sure they live next door to them then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

A High Court challenge has been brought against a decision by Waterford Council's elected members not to develop Traveller accommodation in the city. Carrickphierrish Road....

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0621/1229533-waterford-court-traveller-accommodation/

Azatadine wrote:
    A High Court challenge has been brought against a decision by Waterford Council's elected members not to develop Traveller accommodation in the city. Carrickphierrish Road....

Spotted that alright, ffs, does anyone give a sh1t about the settled residence at all

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Video doing the round of a traveler giving a beating to one of local bikers.

Like something off of shameless.

Apologies if not related to thread- but it’s a deplorable video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Another feud?

Biker as in a local just cycling through or a "biker" who they have an issue with? I assume they hardly just started beating up a cyclist who happened to pass through the no-mans land that is Carrickphierrish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Biker as in a local just cycling through or a "biker" who they have an issue with? I assume they hardly just started beating up a cyclist who happened to pass through the no-mans land that is Carrickphierrish.

biker as in sons of anarchy wearing leather pants biker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

biker as in sons of anarchy wearing leather pants biker

This is Ireland. Hes likely a church going, middle class solicitor or accountant 45-55, in the office Monday to Friday, never off the emails and he goes all out sons of anarchy with the motorbike for 2 sunny Sundays in summer. :D

This is Ireland. Hes likely a church going, middle class solicitor or accountant 45-55, in the office Monday to Friday, never off the emails and he goes all out sons of anarchy with the motorbike for 2 sunny Sundays in summer. :D

No, he is one of the top Free wheelers. They are a fairly serious crew, I wouldn't like to get on the bad side of them.

Jaysus, sounds like all hell going to break loose up there I'd so....

No, he is one of the top Free wheelers. They are a fairly serious crew, I wouldn't like to get on the bad side of them.

Actually the attack happened in kilcohan not Carrickpherish. I'm not sure why it's being discussed in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Didnt something like this happen before and when the bikers finally cornered the "well known family" they called the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Didnt something like this happen before and when the bikers finally cornered the "well known family" they called the guards
    I know who I'll be shouting for !

bikers wont let that one go, since authorities wont do anything about travelers, they certainly will

• Registered Users Posts: 14,047 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not related at all, and there's a back story there. There were no 'nice guys' in that video.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Not related at all, and there's a back story there. There were no 'nice guys' in that video.

It used to be popular route for runners …….probably way to risky now to chance running past there based on above and same for the casual cyclist….?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Plenty of videos, and whatsapp messages going around.

Big lad bit off more than he can chew now though! Running looking for help, and then hiding out somewhere, while the auld lads on bikes look for him ...

Popcorn time.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

greenspurs wrote: »
    Plenty of videos, and whatsapp messages going around.

Big lad bit off more than he can chew now though! Running looking for help, and then hiding out somewhere, while the auld lads on bikes look for him ...

Popcorn time.

Is this a new fued between bikers and travellers?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Is this a new fued between bikers and travellers?

tis now anyway, it ll get messy

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭JimWinters

Back on topic, anti social issues have gone away over night! Not a sinner in the halting site in Carrickpherish, looks like everyone has cleared out of there. Maybe it’s related to the above or they’re all gone on their holibobs...

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    tis now anyway, it ll get messy

I would be willing to bet it won't.

I assume I can't name names here so I won't go into any detail, but I'd say as bitter as it may be to swallow that public humiliation, swallow it he will.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    It used to be popular route for runners …….probably way to risky now to chance running past there based on above and same for the casual cyclist….?

Dunno, I'd jog past it on a regular basis and never experienced any hassle but I do know some who have had issues so who knows - its mostly the kids that are the problem I'd imagine

They seem to be causing more trouble up around the Cleaboy end at the moment though.

I would be willing to bet it won't.

I assume I can't name names here so I won't go into any detail, but I'd say as bitter as it may be to swallow that public humiliation, swallow it he will.

oh i dont think so, those lads are patient, they ll wait their turn

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

A large crowd up at the clubhouse

aziz wrote: »
    A large crowd up at the clubhouse

What's the clubhouse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

What's the clubhouse?

Free wheelers club house on meetinghouse lane