Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

Thanks for this, I put in 6 as the last digit and it knocked 10% off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The 37bar gas burner has just come into stock. Just ordered one. And the discount code GW10%-11207 is still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Just picked one up with discount so happy been waiting months

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭vinnie_cork

Used that discount too. Been looking for attachment since December

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bode682021

hi anybody know if there is an updated code have tried GW10%-11207 and 11208 but no luck

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fupp sake.

Been on holidays for the last few days, come back and it's sold out again! 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

For anyone on fence about getting one like I was when they were 200 and ended up buying one for 315 (FFS I'm a twat) they are absolutely worth the money. My extended family absolutely love the.pizzas from them and we have definitely got our monies worth this year from it.

Couldn't recommend them enough - doing pizzas and a BBQ together on a nice day with people over is quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Are you referring to the Koda 12 gas fired oven which are €349? I do a good bit of BBQ'ing and use a bread stone on my BBQ to do pizza's but the temp only gets to 300c max and whilst the results are grand it's a bit of a faff.

Is the 12 the best gas fired option for once a week family pizza evenings or is there a reason to splash an extra €150 on the 16? I struggle enough making and in particular handling 12" bases so can't ever see myself doing 16" pizza's but maybe those here with experience can put me straight? Has anyone bought the 12 and regretted not getting the 16 or vice versa?

Yea I have the 12 gas one. I got a Weber pizza stone but results were just ok, nothing great. The ooni is brilliant for the weekend pizza one, just turn it on & wait about 20 minutes and you're good to go.

I am raging at myself for not buying it when it was 200 on sale ages ago but glad I did at about 315 as it's still very good value for that price. My extended family love the pizzas and doing that and a BBQ when people are around is quality.

For me the 12 is big enough anyway but can see the attraction of the 16 as well.

Thanks Sidford. I think the 12 will suit my needs best although I do like the idea of the larger 16" and in particular it's "L" shaped burner which I guess gives a more even cook and would future proof the investment as it would allow bigger pizza's and possibly other dishes to be cooked more easily. I've seen some flash fry steak and stuff being cooked in them where the 500c temp gives a different outcome to a normal BBQ or oven.

Might wait until the winter months kick in to see if there's a decent discount available on either the 12 or the 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Does anyone know if there are any codes working currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 16 does give that bit more space but making a 16 inch pizza is not an easy task. It also requires a much bigger peel to slide on and off. The bigger size would be handy for cooking other stuff as you say

If its a discount you're after then for the last few years Ooni have always given 20% off all ovens and accessories on Black Friday so Id expect it to be the same this year.

Thanks Muahahaha, that's sealed it for me. I'll see what the deals are on Black Friday and pull the trigger then. I doubt I'll ever bother trying to make pizzas bigger than 12" for the reason you state but I might like having the space the 16" would provide and the fact it cooks on 3 sides.

sounds good. If/when I do upgrade my own Ooni I think I'll go for the 16 but I know I'll just keep making 12 inch pizzas as thats the perfect size for me. It would be nice to have the extra space and I do like they way the cook on three sides and how the gas flames are a lot more dispersed compared to the gas attachement I am using now, that just has two jets of fire that goes over the centre section of the pizza. Matter of fact if I could sell the one I have for 125 quid I could upgrade to the 16 by waiting till Black Friday and then adding 135 quid on to upgrade it, I might even do that.

Yeah, €400 for the 16" would be a no brainer for me, roll on Black Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Pipmae

FYI my friend bought in the Black Friday sale last year and it wasn't delivered until the first week in April this year. Now I get there were major delays with Covid, etc but just thought I'd give the heads up in case any are thinking of it as a Christmas present.

Yea fair point re massive time delay for deliveries. Also would say that they are alot more popular now than they used to be so they might not discount them to the same level as they probably don't need to.

I'm still raging at myself for not buying mine when they were reduced to 200 which shows how much they have increased in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I'm looking to get a Koda 12, is Black Friday on the Ooni website the best place/price to get one?

Just popped onto the Ooni EU website and was delighted to see a banner inviting shoppers to take advantage of their Black Friday offers but when you click on the "Shop Now" button there are no discounts being offered that I can see with the Koda 12 being €349 and the Koda 16 being €499 😥

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I don't see that when I go onto the EU website so maybe they were just temporarily testing it or something?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Must be just announcing the sale so

Just going by last year their Black Friday sale was around 5 or 6 days long, the OP on this thread is based on it and the thread was started on 25th November 2020 so expect similar for this year.

Also last year they offered a blanket 20% off everything on the site, both ovens and all the accessories. But I saw a post on Reddit that came from Facebook a few days back from Ooni about a new version of the Karu that they have just released and they said that they are not discounting that specific oven for Black Friday, probably becasue it is just new to the market. Someone asked them what they would be discounting but they wouldnt say. But it looks like it wont be 20% across all products on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Sale back on eu.ooni.com

If anyone is buying a 12 inch Koda could you post up what they say the shipping time is after checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Mentioned Estimated dispatch from warehouse in 7 working days.

Shipping confirmation when it leaves warehouse and tracking link.

Should be with customer in 1-5 days.

Finally Covid means please leave 14 days before contacting about a shipment.

Thats what I got, G

cheers, thanks for that info. Doesnt seem too bad as these ovens were taking a couple of months to get delivered earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Will there be import duty/ vat on these ovens if we order?

• Advertisement

To all who have gone before can anyone recommend a pedestal / workbench outdoor type table to hold a Koda 16"?

Advertisement