Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

fixXxer wrote: »
    Wired or wireless connection? When I got a PS4 i had issues with the wireless now and then. Been wired ever since and never had an issue.
    Wireless. Saw some people suggest they still had the issue with a wired connection though :(. Hoping that's not the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭jj880

ThePott wrote: »
    Wireless. Saw some people suggest they still had the issue with a wired connection though :(. Hoping that's not the only solution.

Had to get tplink plugs myself. No problems with downloads or netflix on wireless but wasnt steady enough for gaming. No problems since getting plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Despite my Internet connection being perfectly fine for Xbox One and PS4, for some reason it wouldn't play nice with either Series X or PS5. Had to manually insert the Google DNS for both and that sorted it

I don't think I'm as tech savvy as you guys but I might give them a Google :pac:
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Had the console for a few weeks now and I'm getting a really persistent and frustrating issue.
    The Network connection keeps dropping where it says Internet Connection: Checking...

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems others online have but can't find any solution.
    It makes online play borderline unplayable. My internet connection is fine, it works perfectly with ever other device including the PS4.

I'd the exact same problem as yourself. My wireless connection dropped every 15 or so minutes. Had to go with a wired connection to stop it. Have had no issues since.

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »
    I'd the exact same problem as yourself. My wireless connection dropped every 15 or so minutes. Had to go with a wired connection to stop it. Have had no issues since.
    Damn guess I might need to look into a wired connection afterall which is less than ideal :mad:, I wrote to Sony seeing if they had any recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Damn guess I might need to look into a wired connection afterall which is less than ideal :mad:, I wrote to Sony seeing if they had any recommendations.

Have a look at homeplugs if you can't run a cable to the ps5.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Wasn't familiar with homeplugs but after you and the previous poster suggested them I'll have to give them a look. Would be ideal as running a cable would be a bit of a disaster with my set-up. Thanks for all the suggestions lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

TitianGerm wrote:

Plus one on these, they are a game changer and relatively cheap. I got ones where you can still plug a device I to them so yoy don't lose a socket. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone know what the story is with getting Crash from the PS collection and then getting the PS5 upgrade?

Can download the PS4 version from collection but PS5 version still says €45.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with getting Crash from the PS collection and then getting the PS5 upgrade?

Can download the PS4 version from collection but PS5 version still says €45.49

The crash collection isn’t getting a PS5 upgrade AFAIK, its Crash 4 that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Markitron wrote: »
    The crash collection isn’t getting a PS5 upgrade AFAIK, its Crash 4 that is.

Yep that's correct. Crash 4 got the upgrade this week. Collection did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Oh crap,I didnt realise there's another game:( Thanks for the info

Lockdown has made the other half at least willing to try a game and crash is something that's a fond childhood memory so were gonna start there with the trilogy remake. Good so far,looks and runs great,very truthful to what I remember:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sony announced that Disco Elysium: The Final Cut release date is March 30 for both PS5 and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »

Yep, that is exactly what they needed to be. Haptics and adaptive triggers are a nice addition too.

Anyone else think it is weird they are back to the black controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Yep, that is exactly what they needed to be. Haptics and adaptive triggers are a nice addition too.

Not really. I recon white controllers of this kind would look cheap tbh

Looking forward to getting these next year when I assume they’re out. Astro’s rescue mission being given away for free is perfect for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I need to get a camera adaptor and dust off the VR!

No doubt by the time the psvr 2 is out sony will be selling black face plates for the ps5.

Not really. I recon white controllers of this kind would look cheap tbh

Looking forward to getting these next year when I assume they’re out. Astro’s rescue mission being given away for free is perfect for this!

I'm not going to assume it will be backwards-compatible. Judging by what they said in that reveal, the PSVR2 will be using inside-out tracking like the Oculus Quest. This is completely different than than the lightbar tracking system and would probably require a fair bit of work depending on the game. I'm sure Sony will update most of their big games but I don't expect native BC like the PS5 does.

I'm 1000% certain this will be launching with a new Astro game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Official Dualsense charging station is back in stock in Smyths for €30 delivered. These seem pretty hard to get.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-accessories/dualsense™-charging-station/p/191999

I'm not going to assume it will be backwards-compatible. Judging by what they said in that reveal, the PSVR2 will be using inside-out tracking like the Oculus Quest. This is completely different than than the lightbar tracking system and would probably require a fair bit of work depending on the game. I'm sure Sony will update most of their big games but I don't expect native BC like the PS5 does.

I'm 1000% certain this will be launching with a new Astro game.

Yeah that makes sense in fairness.

It’ll be day one for me regardless as I never took the plunge with VR before!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah that makes sense in fairness.

It’ll be day one for me regardless as I never took the plunge with VR before!

Anyone any idea when Day One might be? We expecting it before the end of 2021?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when Day One might be? We expecting it before the end of 2021?

They said it won’t launch this year, so I’m thinking Christmas 2022 realistically.

Plenty time then for developers to get some serious games out. That Horizon rumour would be class if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Oculus Quest 1. 2 and the rift S can play games original designed for the Oculus CV1. CV1 was outside tracking the rest are inside out. I would fully expect nearly full backward compatibility, as if Oculus can do it, then surely Sony can as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unless they're Sony owned IP's, wouldn't it be up to the devs to make an update. For Beat Saber for example, they already have the inside out tracking with Quest/Vive/Index, so maybe only an update would be required. Although, at the rate they're releasing music for it it could well be dead before then.

There are some games I'd love to go back and try with proper locomotion controls, Saints and Sinners being the main one. Great game, but the locomotion ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Second ever platinum (along with Astro) in Control.

Was nearly there by the time I finished the game, its DLC and some side missions so decided to keep going. Only 1 or 2 annoying trophies but didn't have to collect every collectible or anything

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Second ever platinum (along with Astro) in Control.

Was nearly there by the time I finished the game, its DLC and some side missions so decided to keep going. Only 1 or 2 annoying trophies but didn't have to collect every collectible or anything

Congrats, you are officially a trophy whore.

Congrats, you are officially a trophy whore.

I used to be one of them but stopped on Plat #30 i think. I found it was starting to affect my enjoyment of games. Those grinding trophies can do one.

• Advertisement

I used to be one of them but stopped on Plat #30 i think. I found it was starting to affect my enjoyment of games. Those grinding trophies can do one.

I like them as I like having a record of when I did something in a game, that's about as far as it goes. I had a friend back in the 360 days that was obsessed with them, like going to HMV to buy a Hannah Montana game just for the easy achievements kind of obsessed. It was ****ing weird. I don't talk to him anymore but he is still friends on XBL, he hasn't changed at all in the last 15 years. Still plays utter nonsense I assume for easy points.

He once used the phrase 'cheevos' out loud around me, it was disgusting.

Advertisement