Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭joficeduns1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ha, thanks for this. I bought a Sony soundbar before the PS5 launch, with Dolby Atmos as a feature. Could never get it to work however. Tried this method, and it works....

However, there's a new problem (isn't there always!). So, when i get Dolby Atmos, the resolution drops to 1080P (stays in HDR however). So it seems i can either get 4K with no Atmos, or Atmos with no 4K:rolleyes:

I think I'd rather the 4K if I had to choose between that and soundbar Atmos but that's such a frustrating issue to have.

What came to my mind first was maybe it's a bandwidth issue with the HDMI cable/ports, but that's probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Just an update in case anyone is or will be in my situation, so got PS5 from Argos and few weeks in the controller R2 button stopped working.i wont bore u with my failed attempts of trying to get it replaced but it turns out you have to log the issue with sony first,get a ref. no. off them and then go back to Arogs and give ref. no.Argos then will give you a replacement controller instore and they send back the faulty controller to Sony for them to get a refund. Bit mad but im just glad i finally got my controller replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Ha, thanks for this. I bought a Sony soundbar before the PS5 launch, with Dolby Atmos as a feature. Could never get it to work however. Tried this method, and it works....

However, there's a new problem (isn't there always!). So, when i get Dolby Atmos, the resolution drops to 1080P (stays in HDR however). So it seems i can either get 4K with no Atmos, or Atmos with no 4K:rolleyes:

This is almost certainly an issue with your HDMI cable. Try another one and see if it works.

Are you using Earc or is the PS5 connected directly to the soundbar?
    Saz2020 wrote: »
    Just an update in case anyone is or will be in my situation, so got PS5 from Argos and few weeks in the controller R2 button stopped working.i wont bore u with my failed attempts of trying to get it replaced but it turns out you have to log the issue with sony first,get a ref. no. off them and then go back to Arogs and give ref. no.Argos then will give you a replacement controller instore and they send back the faulty controller to Sony for them to get a refund. Bit mad but im just glad i finally got my controller replaced.

Had mine replaced recently too, Smyths are obviously closed so had to go through Sony. You can get a new controller sent to you within 8 days of the initial call to them, I would suggest people just go down this route instead of fighting with a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Markitron wrote: »
    This is almost certainly an issue with your HDMI cable. Try another one and see if it works.

Are you using Earc or is the PS5 connected directly to the soundbar?

I'm using the HDMI that came with the Ps5.

I'm running the Ps5 straight into the soundbar, and the soundbar to ARC on the TV. My tele is a few years old so doesn't have eARC unfortunately. I think this might be the issue

I'm using the HDMI that came with the Ps5.

I'm running the Ps5 straight into the soundbar, and the soundbar to ARC on the TV. My tele is a few years old so doesn't have eARC unfortunately. I think this might be the issue

Its not, you have the PS5 connected directly to the soundbar, you may be using ARC for your other devices but you are not using it with PS5. In your case the Soundbar is just a pass through. If Arc was an issue you would never be able to get Atmos in the first place as standard Arc doesn't support it.

I suspect the issue lies with the HDMI cable that goes from the soundbar back into the TV, for all intents and purposes this is doing the same job as the cable going from the PS5 to the soundbar. Swap that out with a better one and see if that fixes it.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N91VLfaxcFQ

Might be something in that to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,960 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That makes sense because the warranty is with Sony, not Argos.

Your warranty does not overule your customer rights. Your contract is with the shop not Sony and the shop should offer one of the three R's and should not be passing you off to Sony for any reason.

TBF guys we have been over this a million times and the fact remains that if the shop you bought it from is closed or is going to give you hassle, go through Sony. We can talk about consumer rights till the cows come home but realistically we just want the controller back as quickly and painlessly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Your warranty does not overule your customer rights. Your contract is with the shop not Sony and the shop should offer one of the three R's and should not be passing you off to Sony for any reason.

While we're still in lockdown it's probably handier to just contact Sony directly. I had to return a Switch pro controller that developed drift after only a couple of weeks to Smyths. While they were helpful, the entire process was a complete pain in the hole. I think the return process took longer than we actually had the controller for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Crash 4 PS5 update is out today. For some reason, I can't download it.

I don't even get the option. There's a "Learn More" option, and when I click on it I get "you can't buy this product for the following reasons: You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy - Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time - Tracker"

Strange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Crash 4 PS5 update is out today. For some reason, I can't download it.

I don't even get the option. There's a "Learn More" option, and when I click on it I get "you can't buy this product for the following reasons: You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy - Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time - Tracker"

Strange...

I got mine no problem. Have the disc version for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads very impressed with new spiderman game. some of the ray tracing aspects are ****in awesome....

Cant wait to play through rest of exclusives from ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

'SSDDDD'

Was just about to type that :pac:

Get out of my ****ing head both you and that song :D

Haha. It's the definition of an earworm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got mine no problem. Have the disc version for what it's worth.

The compression on the PS5 is incredible. For Crash, the PS5 install file is ~20GB compared to the ~45GB size for the PS4 version. Very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I still find the GPU song pops into my head now and again randomly, even though I haven't touched the game in a few months now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

shrewdness wrote: »
    I still find the GPU song pops into my head now and again randomly, even though I haven't touched the game in a few months now

One of the great things about these shorter games is that I feel more inclined to go back and play them again.

I wish more AAA developers would give us shorter games with just their best ideas and leave the bloated stuff out.

I suppose they wouldn't be AAA developers if they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The compression on the PS5 is incredible. For Crash, the PS5 install file is ~20GB compared to the ~45GB size for the PS4 version. Very welcome.

I cant even download ps5 crash how have they not fixed this issue yet...

Was so tempted to buy Outriders on launch but now that it's joining Xbox GPU for free on launch I don't have to buy it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

fixXxer wrote: »
    Anyone have trouble capturing group audio? Playing Apex legends with buddies on PS4 and PC but the only voice that I can hear on playback is my own. Gone through all the settings, and everything seems to be set to share.

There should be a setting to allow voice sharing on ps4, (Party Settings > Allow Your Voice to Be Shared), they will all need to do this on their end, I don't think you will be able to capture pc audio without using external streaming software.

Anyone know if you can pre-load the PS5 version of Avengers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Markitron wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can pre-load the PS5 version of Avengers?

I don't think you can pre-load an upgrade.
    I'd say you get the upgrade the next time you start the game, after upgrade is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I cant even download ps5 crash how have they not fixed this issue yet...

Was so tempted to buy Outriders on launch but now that it's joining Xbox GPU for free on launch I don't have to buy it..

Any idea how to download the PS5 version?

I am having same issue defaults to the ps4 had it already purchased as well.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I don't think you can pre-load an upgrade.
    I'd say you get the upgrade the next time you start the game, after upgrade is released.

It’s not an upgrade really, it will have its own separate download.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New story trailer for Returnal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Had the console for a few weeks now and I'm getting a really persistent and frustrating issue.
    The Network connection keeps dropping where it says Internet Connection: Checking...

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems others online have but can't find any solution.
    It makes online play borderline unplayable. My internet connection is fine, it works perfectly with ever other device including the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ThePott wrote: »
    Had the console for a few weeks now and I'm getting a really persistent and frustrating issue.
    The Network connection keeps dropping where it says Internet Connection: Checking...

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems others online have but can't find any solution.
    It makes online play borderline unplayable. My internet connection is fine, it works perfectly with ever other device including the PS4.

Wired or wireless connection? When I got a PS4 i had issues with the wireless now and then. Been wired ever since and never had an issue.

Advertisement