Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Darren 83 wrote: »
    My friend received his order yesterday, box was torn a bit and all seals where cut but Xbox it self was ok
    Delivery on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,847 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My friend received his order yesterday, box was torn a bit and all seals where cut but Xbox it self was ok

Who was delivering on a Sunday?

Mine just delivered and is in perfect nick. They even threw in a little mystery minion as a freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

pmce4 wrote: »
    Delivery on a Sunday?

He was shocked but delighted all the same

He was shocked but delighted all the same

That is not an answer. Who delivered it?

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    That is not an answer. Who delivered it?

Anpost delivered it

Mine just delivered and is in perfect nick. They even threw in a little mystery minion as a freebie.

mine was perfect as well, he also received a freebie as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Ordered mine Thursday evening from Smyths. Got it 12:30 today. Very happy with delivery times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine still just says it's been sorted, and nothing more. I'm thinking Anpost is prioritising Dublin over the rest of the country.

I've had that happen before where The status didn't change until it was delivered. Mine is out for delivery now anyway. I think some An Post offices or staff are less keen on scanning barcodes than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Well, mine got sent to the wrong sorting office and so had to go back to portlaoise to be resorted. Tomorrow hopefully!
    My brother got his in Roscommon today, he ordered right after me, so An Post aren't prioritising Dublin post it seems. I wonder did some orders just miss a cut off.

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    Well, mine got sent to the wrong sorting office and so had to go back to portlaoise to be resorted. Tomorrow hopefully!
    My brother got his in Roscommon today, he ordered right after me, so An Post aren't prioritising Dublin post it seems. I wonder did some orders just miss a cut off.

Mine just delivered, also got new TV today so a busy evening ahead😀

d31b0y wrote: »

We are approaching the end of the 22nd. Mine still just says sorted at 3:25 AM on the 19th. That's nearly 4 full days of stasis with no one touching it. Normally I have nothing but good things to say about Anpost but that's pretty poor.

mossie wrote: »
    Mine just delivered, also got new TV today so a busy evening ahead��

I have a 65" on order so I'll be in the same boat soon, I hope.

I have a 65" on order so I'll be in the same boat soon, I hope.

55" for me, as big as my room could really take. Xbox is huge, bigger than I thought it would be, just fits in my TV stand. Xbox updated, controller updating, fun starts soon😀

This is rapidly turning into a black comedy. After 4 days, Anpost has decided they need to sort my delivery again, this time in Westmeath, which seems odd, as I'm in North Tipp. They have truly lost the plot.

And finally delivered. Now I just need a TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

And finally delivered. Now I just need a TV.

It'll work with most TVs/Monitors. If you put it into a crap one now, it'll look great when you try it with a better one. :)

YoshiSays wrote: »
    It'll work with most TVs/Monitors. If you put it into a crap one now, it'll look great when you try it with a better one. :)

Thanks, I might borrow my son's spare 26" monitor to start the transfer. The 65" should arrive tomorrow and then the fun can begin.

Thanks, I might borrow my son's spare 26" monitor to start the transfer. The 65" should arrive tomorrow and then the fun can begin.

It looks awesome on my 55" LG.

It looks awesome on my 55" LG.

The mentioned TV is an LG OLED, so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

• Advertisement

The mentioned TV is an LG OLED, so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

I'm sure you'll love it

I'm sure you'll love it

Are any of the recent games worth a pint? Looking at cyberpunk, call if duty or assassin's creed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Are any of the recent games worth a pint? Looking at cyberpunk, call if duty or assassin's creed

Don't know about the other two, but Vahalla is distinctly average. It's a problem Ubisoft has with multiple teams taking the lead on different iterations, things that they learn on one game, the other team forgets.

Vahalla brings back the "chase after the floating page" secondary missions, but there's been no leap forward in the parkour system, so it's just a frustration filled mess of a series of missions. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just totally ignore them, but then you're missing out on a chunk of XP, so even the levelling system funnels you towards them.

That's only a small issue, but there's so many similar small issues that really take away from the game. The most galling part of it is that most of these issues weren't in Odyssey.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Don't know about the other two, but Vahalla is distinctly average. It's a problem Ubisoft has with multiple teams taking the lead on different iterations, things that they learn on one game, the other team forgets.

Vahalla brings back the "chase after the floating page" secondary missions, but there's been no leap forward in the parkour system, so it's just a frustration filled mess of a series of missions. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just totally ignore them, but then you're missing out on a chunk of XP, so even the levelling system funnels you towards them.

That's only a small issue, but there's so many similar small issues that really take away from the game. The most galling part of it is that most of these issues weren't in Odyssey.

Cheers, I might look at cyberpunk as I know the Project red team have stated the series X update would be free to gamers who purchased early. I know this was glitch city when it came out but the whole concept of the game excites

Cheers, I might look at cyberpunk as I know the Project red team have stated the series X update would be free to gamers who purchased early. I know this was glitch city when it came out but the whole concept of the game excites

I enjoyed it on a One X, but I think it would be more enjoyable on the series X and new TV. There is a coterie of people who can't see past the faults and didn't seem to enjoy it, so you might want to read the dedicated thread on it and make up your own mind which camp you are likely to fall in.

I hope CDPR keep working on it because if they do, the mature product should be something. I'm looking forward to playing it again in the future when it's even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

Anyone know of anywhere that has the series X in stock?

I'm sure you'll love it

No Love. :mad:

I'm begining to think I wasn't meant to have one. I already cancelled a previous order with Richersounds because of being messed with over the delivery and now a second retailer is inviting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

conor-w wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that has the series X in stock?

I went in to Curry's and had them order one in. It took about a week, collect in store. For online stock there is a discord with notification of stock. Search cosie90 on twitch, the channel there has the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

caution wrote: »
    I went in to Curry's and had them order one in. It took about a week, collect in store. For online stock there is a discord with notification of stock. Search cosie90 on twitch, the channel there has the info.

They're outside my 5km so can't do that, unfortunately. Cheers!

• Advertisement

conor-w wrote: »
    They're outside my 5km so can't do that, unfortunately. Cheers!

Put some shopping bags on the front seat. 'Yes I know there are shops nearer, but the recipe calls for artichoke hearts in avocado oil and the only place I could find that had them after 30 minutes of phoning is that one.'

Advertisement