Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked up the X earlier from argos.. Switched from the series S. Difference between the two is more significant than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

unklerosco wrote: »
    Picked up the X earlier from argos.. Switched from the series S. Difference between the two is more significant than I thought

Did you have any hassle paying/collecting it? My local store said they can't sell them even if they were in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Really? I bought an S. Is it worth changing? What’s the difference? Load speed etc? I imagine I’m limited to how good my tv is?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Tomhoganie

today was the day for me! Pulling the trigger on an X after 2 months of procrastination.

My local Currys being either Carrickmines or Liffey Valley, I went to Carrickmines. Manager told me he had none, had been selling them to people as asked but not advertised as "not essential" - couldnt advise if any other store had stock but said Liffey Valley et al were in the same boat. So decided to quick spin to Liffey Valley. At the door asked the young guy if they had them, he said yes and to join the queue at the cash desk.

Got to the till, can see the giant pile of X's behind the counter, starting to get a bit giddy. Asked for one and was told

NO!!!

The manager told me he couldnt sell me one as it's not an essential item and if I could order it online for click and collect I could have it. Fobbed me off to their customer services phone / facebook messenger who told me it could only be bought in-store and couldnt be reserved online - stuck in a loop and noone giving any leighway.

At home now like a scolded child, sad and no Xbox :(

I might add I could buy a drone in store amongst other really essential items.

JamieOS wrote: »
    Did you have any hassle paying/collecting it? My local store said they can't sell them even if they were in stock.

Nope, had my reservation number and just paid at the automated checkout. Simples.

• Advertisement

Really? I bought an S. Is it worth changing? What’s the difference? Load speed etc? I imagine I’m limited to how good my tv is?

In Forza 4 I noticed the texture samples are much higher straight away... A lot more detail. Load times etc. I don't notice a difference.
    The extra space is great as I filled the S the day I got it. Was running most games off an external Ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got sorted in cork Argos amazed at the quick resume feature , it's a lot faster than the ps5 , my backlog has just gotten bigger.

No issue collecting in cork managed to nab an s aswell for my housemate.

Looked a bit mad with one in each bag .

Tomhoganie wrote: »
    today was the day for me! Pulling the trigger on an X after 2 months of procrastination.

My local Currys being either Carrickmines or Liffey Valley, I went to Carrickmines. Manager told me he had none, had been selling them to people as asked but not advertised as "not essential" - couldnt advise if any other store had stock but said Liffey Valley et al were in the same boat. So decided to quick spin to Liffey Valley. At the door asked the young guy if they had them, he said yes and to join the queue at the cash desk.

Got to the till, can see the giant pile of X's behind the counter, starting to get a bit giddy. Asked for one and was told

NO!!!

The manager told me he couldnt sell me one as it's not an essential item and if I could order it online for click and collect I could have it. Fobbed me off to their customer services phone / facebook messenger who told me it could only be bought in-store and couldnt be reserved online - stuck in a loop and noone giving any leighway.

At home now like a scolded child, sad and no Xbox :(

I might add I could buy a drone in store amongst other really essential items.

This is why I'm afraid to try my local Curry's. It's a bit outside of the 5km and I don't want to risk it, especially when it could be for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How do even go about ordering it on their store, it’s not there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clueless_k

Picked up a series X today in my local Currys. Thanks for heads up.

• Advertisement

I'm getting so tired of the chase at this stage that I'm contemplating giving in and trading in some stuff to CEX to buy one. I really don't want to have to resort to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,593 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm getting so tired of the chase at this stage that I'm contemplating giving in and trading in some stuff to CEX to buy one. I really don't want to have to resort to that.

Hold the line mate, we all are and we'll get there.

klose wrote: »
    Hold the line mate, we all are and we'll get there.

Its just getting tempting. I've still got my Day One Xbox One with a barely used controller and never used kinect and I've got a PS4 sitting around doing nothing that I could trade in to make it cheap. Also have a completely unused project scorpio controller from my One X (cant trade the One X as I've drilled holes in the bottom case for airflow when I replaced the thermal paste). All of those adds up to about 385 worth of vouchers.

I would still rather just buy a new one at retail price.

clueless_k wrote: »
    Picked up a series X today in my local Currys. Thanks for heads up.

Glad you got sorted, just cannot get my head around 1 shop allowing it and others not. Do I need to go back to different Currys with a bloody disguise on?

Glad you got sorted, just cannot get my head around 1 shop allowing it and others not. Do I need to go back to different Currys with a bloody disguise on?

It just seems to be a whole lot of confusion as to what can and can't be sold. I don't think there is any clarity on what to do so stores are just playing it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clueless_k

Maybe give it another try on a week day. Weekend staff might be different. But it can be essential - for goole teams for home schooling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

not be liable for import tax on this then?

Arrived just now, no import bill. In touch with purchasers in other parts of the UK, it looks like it depends on which UPS hub they come through as to who gets charged duty.

MOD EDIT: No selling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

*If this isn't allowed please delete*

Selling my Series S, can't list on donedeal or adverts. Boxed as new, selling below cost price with free shipping anywhere in Ireland. Pm if interested.

You'd be correct in thinking this is not allowed.
    Forum Charter

Absolutely no discussion on how to pirate or obtain pirated games.
    Absolutely no discussion on how to evade restrictions on geographically locked content. This includes posts that describe the use of Proxies, VPNs and browser add-ons, along with questions like "How do I watch the US Netflix on my console?"
    Absolutely no discussion on how to use “Game Sharing” or “Account Sharing”. This may change in the future, but until Microsoft clarify what an "Approved Mechanism" is, as per their Terms of Use, this ban shall remain in place.
    Absolutely no discussion on purchasing products that require the use of a false address. This includes buying from different Xbox Marketplace regions, Amazon, or anywhere that requires a fake address.
    No flaming, baiting or trolling.
    All posts should be relevant & on topic.
    No personal abuse of any kind.
    Don't back-seat moderate.
    Don't argue with a mod or a mod decision on thread.
    Report posts you feel require a moderators attention.
    Be courteous & civil at all times.
    Do not identify or speculate as to the identity of a poster, not only is this specific to the Xbox forum, but it's a site-wide rule {Section 5 Bullet-point 5}.
    A Mod decision is final, if you disagree with an infraction or ban feel free to take it to the pm level. If your still not happy, there is a Dispute Resolution Procedure you can follow. Don't argue with a mod on thread
    No discussion/comparison of Playstation vs Xbox. These discussions invariably spiral into a flame war, see this thread as a huge example of why this is not allowed.
    No buying or selling items on the Xbox Forum. Please use adverts.ie for this purpose.

The rules for this xbox forum are at the top of this page.

bazzz wrote: »
    You'd be correct in thinking this is not allowed.

The rules for this xbox forum are at the top of this page.

It's bizarre that you can't sell a Series S on Adverts. I don't think they've ever been in such demand that people could make a profit off them. CeX were offering €100 over cost price for the Series X, but well under cost for the Series S.

• Advertisement

Lads, I got one! Curry's be praised! The search is finally over. I missed the initial preorder back when they first went up and I've had my eye out for one ever since.

Sarcasm mode: OFF [ON]
    Now I'm off to slap it up on eBay for €900 (that's a joke in case you didn't see that I engaged sarcasm mode there)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

theteal wrote: »
    Series S available on the xbox site (uk), nice little discount offered on controllers too
    Lads, I got one! Curry's be praised! The search is finally over. I missed the initial preorder back when they first went up and I've had my eye out for one ever since.

Sarcasm mode: OFF [ON]
    Now I'm off to slap it up on eBay for €900 (that's a joke in case you didn't see that I engaged sarcasm mode there)

Which Currys do mind me asking mate?

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's bizarre that you can't sell a Series S on Adverts. I don't think they've ever been in such demand that people could make a profit off them. CeX were offering €100 over cost price for the Series X, but well under cost for the Series S.

Don't know why they don't just allow listing that are cost price or less... Be a simple enough feature to implement.

Das89 wrote: »
    Which Currys do mind me asking mate?

Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Just saw a stack of Xbox Series Xs behind the counter at Currys Liffey Valley. I was hoping for PS5s myself but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

anyone know if there are any still available in Currys?
    I could make Liffey Valley or Blanch from my location

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Got a Series X in Currys Carlow yesterday. It was the last one behind the till. Only one other Series S behind the till as well. This was aroud 5:30pm.

Cheapo wrote: »
    Got a Series X in Currys Carlow yesterday. It was the last one behind the till. Only one other Series S behind the till as well. This was aroud 5:30pm.

I'm glad you got sorted, I am still waiting for word from Currys Twitter team about buying one from Liffey Valley. I could not buy it over the counter at the weekend yet all the other branches are selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I'm glad you got sorted, I am still waiting for word from Currys Twitter team about buying one from Liffey Valley. I could not buy it over the counter at the weekend yet all the other branches are selling them.

what's the strictness about? cos its not an "essential" item?

• Advertisement

BornIn84 wrote: »
    what's the strictness about? cos its not an "essential" item?

apparently so - but all the other stores have sold their allocations over the counter. And all other gaming items they have in stock can be bought for click and collect. It does not make any sense.

Advertisement