Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Next Chapter - Being Better Than Most People At Most Things

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

cliffwalk.jpg

Coulda been any day of the year, anywhere in the world today up on the cliff walk.

[crosspost from the pic thread]

A) Power Clean:
    HPC tekkers - 60/70/80 tall/atk/btk x3,then:
    90 / 95 / 100 / 105 x1
    110 3x1

B) T&G Bench:
    137.5kg x1 @8
    100kg x14 @ 9.5
    90kg 2x13

C) Larsen Press:
    110kg x1 @8 - fatigue ++
    95kg x6 @8.5
    90kg 2x6

Other - Barbell Curl Surf Set @ 7:
    30kg x15, 12, 11, 10, 12, 9, 10

Excellent session. Many good. Me Like.

Will try get out for a short run to bolster my weekly mileage later when wife puts baby down before take away friday.

-
    -
    -

(31/29)

6.42km @ 5m 36s
    36m 02s
    76% MHR

...but none of that really matters cos it was a very broken up run.

It was miserable all day so we pushed our long run to tomorrow. Run bud went out for a 5k TT on thursday and crushed a 22m57s time. We run the same long runs at the same HR so to see him do that really put me in my place :D

Knew with the wind, weather and energy levels I wasn't up for a full 5k TT so I settled on "about 3km" as being reasonable.

So off I went for an easy 1km run down the harbour before setting off in about a 40kmh crosswind (I couldn't stay on the path crossing the harbour bridge!).

//

My 3km "Time Trial" went something like this;

First km: 4m 46s
    Second km: 4m 45s
    Third km: 4m 43s

Total time for 3km: 14m 14s @ 86% MHR avg / 81% HRR

//

Not sure how I feel about it. Reasonably happy I guess. Confident I'd nip in under 25 minutes for 5km at this stage, but that still feels kinda poor. HR wise, I think it looks about right for 3km. It was holding steady around 90-91% from minute 11 thru to completion.

Gonna get stuck into one of the 5km 12 week race plans in the Faster Road Racing book next week so will no doubt be online later asking lots of Qs to make sure I've understood it correctly.

-
    -
    -

(32/30)

BikeErg - 15/10/5min intervals w/ 3 min recovery
    HR avg during work pieces = 73%

7uVN4Z.jpg

Had half planned on running today, but the weather is BRUTAL and I'm starting a 12 week 5k plan tomorrow that calls for a 10km run on day one and a 13km run on day two so didn't wanna break myself before even starting ��

Turned off all the data and just followed watts today. Was about 194w for 15 minutes, 206w for 10 and 218w for 5.

The goal was just to be comfortably uncomfortable on them and not create much of a recovery debt. Slow 3 minute pedal afterwards brought me right down to < 100bpm.

-
    -
    -

(33/31)

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE -v- last
    Run - 26.44km -v- 22.4km
    BikeErg - 57.7km -v- 55km

TOTAL MONTHLY MILEAGE
    Run - 136.27km
    BikeErg - 192.82km

...most go learn how to create a table to make this a bit more aesthetic.

• Advertisement

FIRST 5KM TRAINING PLAN STARTS HERE

9.1km @ 6m 23s
    58m 08s
    74% avg HR
    inc. 6/12s hills & 6/100m strides

Following the lowest total volume 5k plan from Faster Road Racing: 5km To Half Marathon.

Today called for 10km with 6x12s hill repeats and 6x100m strides. I was a bit short on time so had to cut it at 9ish km total mileage.

Ran approx. 6-7km @ 70ish% MHR before kicking into the hills and strides with a short 1km or so jog home.

The book calls for the hills to be run pretty much flat out with a jog back recovery, and the strides to be up to 50% pace after 50m and held, with a jog back recovery. So that's what I did, to the best of my ability.

I guess you can call this my first official day trying to be a real runner.

I've banked about 4 months of consistent running at least 3x per week now, and probably average about 30ish km per week. I feel like this is the logical next step.

No idea where it'll lead but we'll see what happens in 12 weeks time. Bodyweight was a pizza bloated 98.7kg waking up this morning so I'm expecting that to be down in the high 80 something range by the end of all this.

I have in my head a 22 minute 5k and 220kg squat as being nice targets this year.

-
    -
    -

(34/32)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

FIRST 5KM TRAINING PLAN STARTS HERE

9.1km @ 6m 23s
    58m 08s
    74% avg HR

Following the lowest total volume 5k plan from Faster Road Racing: 5km To Half Marathon.

Today called for 10km with 6x12s hill repeats and 6x100m strides. I was a bit short on time so had to cut it at 9ish km total mileage.

Ran approx. 6-7km @ 70ish% MHR before kicking into the hills and strides with a short 1km or so jog home.

The book calls for the hills to be run pretty much flat out with a jog back recovery, and the strides to be up to 50% pace after 50m and held, with a jog back recovery. So that's what I did, to the best of my ability.

I guess you can call this my first official day trying to be a real runner.

I've banked about 4 months of consistent running at least 3x per week now, and probably average about 30ish km per week. I feel like this is the logical next step.

No idea where it'll lead but we'll see what happens in 12 weeks time. Bodyweight was a pizza bloated 98.7kg waking up this morning so I'm expecting that to be down in the high 80 something range by the end of all this.

I have in my head a 22 minute 5k and 220kg squat as being nice targets this year.

-
    -
    -

(34/32)

Good luck with the plan and targets! Quite a few on here have followed plans from that book so plenty of resources for any sounding out you may need :)

A) Hang Power Clean Tekkers - 2x tall/atk/btk:
    70kg x3 rounds

B) Squat:
    125kg 3x5

C) Deadlift:
    160kg 4x4

D) Spoto Press:
    135kg x1 @7.5
    120kg x6 @8.5
    115kg 2x6

E) 3ct Pause Bench:
    122.5kg x1@7
    122.5kg x3@9
    117.5kg 2x3

OTHER:
    Pull Ups 4x4 +5kg
    Chin Ups 4x5 +5kg that

That was a really nice training session. Concentrated on staying on flat feet for longer with the hang power cleans and fell into some really nice positions.

Squats and deadlifts felt super handy.

Bench variants just felt solid.

Pull ups & chins felt very very easy today.

...so in other words - that's my one good session for the month outta the way already.

12km @ 74-83% MHR to come tomorrow. Supposed to start at the lower end of the range and finish at the higher. A kind of progression run I believe.

-
    -
    -

(35/33)

11.84km @ 6m 03s avg
    1hr 12min
    77% MHR / 70% HRR

Somehow managed 6s/km faster on the same run as last week at the same effort level even tho it felt quite hard. Today was quite fatigue heavy and everything just felt tough.

Prescription was to get between 74% and 83% MHR pushing and building progressively, but since it was up and over the cliff walk the heavy effort was in the middle. Still tho, if I was to guess at the end what my effort was, I'd have said 80+%.

Elevation gain of 140m in 40 minutes due to the nature of the route. Average GAP was 5m 54s for the run.

Feels like I'm starting to feel the surge of the last 4 months consistent training carrying me now - don't get greedy.... don't get greedy... don't get greedy.

First LT run Friday, dunno if I'm looking forward to it or not. 4x6 minutes w/ 2 minutes jogged recovery. Don't really have much in the way of pace targets for it, will see if I can figure something out ahead of the session.

-
    -
    -

(36/34)

A) Hang Power Clean Tekkers - x2 tall / atk / btk:
    70kg x3 rounds

B) Pause Squat:
    100kg 3x4

C) Clean Pull Deadlift w/ Pause @ Knee:
    100/105/110kg x3

10 minute EMOM going odds / evens;
    D1) Dips @ bodyweight x12
    D2) Barbell Curls @ 25kg x12

8 minute EMOM going odds / evens;
    E1) Standing Arnold Press @ 15kg x12
    E2) 90deg Lateral Raise @ 5kg x12

6 minute EMOM going odds / evens;
    F1) Band Push Downs @ green x20
    F2) Hammer Curls @ 15kg x12

Called an audible today.

Had a bit of a 'mare in work - one of those days where NOTHING goes your way so was fighting fires non stop all morning. Came up with every reason not to train and eventually just said I'd do some lower body work along with some gnar pumpy upper body jazz.

Haven't done most of the exercises listed there in 1-2 years so was real nice to get some light fast paced work in. Felt marvellous after it, and still do 3 hours later.

ProTip - if you're not sure you want to train, take some pre workout with beta alanine in it and you'll be forced to to alleviate the crawling feeling you get on your skin from it.

LT work tomorrow. Looks like 4.55-5.05/km pace is the target.

-
    -
    -

(37/35)

• Advertisement

8.52km @ 5m 42s (ish)
    49m 08s
    79% MHR / 72% HRR

Today's plan was 4x 6 minute intervals at LT w/ 2 minutes jogged recovery. Flying a bit in the dark on this. First time ever doing a session like that. And based everything off running a 3km recce @ 4m 45s avg. So I estimated my 5k LT to be about 4m 45s - 5m 05s and figured I'd take anywhere in that range, and compare it to my HR during them and see if it looked right after the fact.

Intervals were as follows;

1 - 4m 46s @ 85% MHR / 79% HRR
    2 - 4m 57s @ 85% MHR / 79% HRR
    3 - 5m 01s @ 85% MHR / 79% HRR
    4 - 4m 48s @ 86% MHR / 80% HRR

Average HR during the intervals was 165/166/165/167bpm so to my limited knowledge that looks spot on.

About 2 weeks after buying an apple watch I dropped it and smashed the corner of the screen on a tile floor. I was so pissed. It retained its functionality, or so I thought, until it froze a couple of times on todays run and wouldn't let me log the last segment so I was left trying to remember start point and end point to go back and google map the distance against the time after the fact.

In truth, it's not suitable for running anyway based off my needs now and trying to pull together the stats to post todays log was a complete PITA.

...so can someone please tell me what watch to buy?!

-
    -
    -
    -

(38/36)

15.63km @ 6m 24s
    1hr 38min
    73% MHR / 64% HRR

I don't know if I've ever felt as rock solid on a run. Look, I know it wasn't the quickest in the world - but comfort was just on another level. Run bud joined me at the 4km mark, and after a km with him I just felt like I coulda run all day. No niggles. No fatigue. Just bouncing merrily along like a drunk tennis ball.

The main body was the 10km in the middle which was run at about 6m 12s. I was a bit early and run buddy was a bit late so I did a couple of easy kms waiting for him and they ended up being 6.45-7.00/km which killed the average.

Biggest week of mileage ever at 44.8km. Very surprised to have run 8.5km yesterday and 15.5ish km today and still feel good.

I had a look at some pace calculators and it looks like it's right in the middle of my long run target range of 6m 01s - 6m 47s and yesterday's LT work was about 5-10s/km quicker than it needed to be on average too.

This is all very exciting.

The first run of the week is a long ish job with some speed work at the end.

Number 2 is an endurance run that I'll keep doing on the cliff.

3 is some kinda threshold work that rips by because I'm concentrating on times and paces.

And the final run is a long one with someone which is just a nice way to cap the week off.

First week done and really enjoying the structure thus far. Makes a nice change from just going out and plodding along.

-
    -
    -

(39/37)

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE
    Run - 26.44km
    BikeErg - 57.7km
    ...most go learn how to create a table to make this a bit more aesthetic.

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE
    Run - 44.8km
    BikeErg - 0km

Most I've ever run in a single week. Had averaged 33.4km the previous 4 weeks and peaked with 42km at some point during december 20.

Lifted 2x and dropped all bike work this week to attempt to preserve some energy for recovery.

I think next week brings 51km or so my way.

Lots of fun incoming I reckon.

(...assuming the forecast snow doesn't get in the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Well done on the highest ever mileage week!
    I assume when you say run one has speed work at the end, you mean strides? Don’t go sprinting them :)

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Well done on the highest ever mileage week!
    I assume when you say run one has speed work at the end, you mean strides? Don’t go sprinting them :)

Yah it's called "speed work" in FRR but I guess it's not REALLY speed work.

Today's 6x12s uphill at near max pace plus 6x100m strides building to 50% speed at half way and holding. Both done at the end of a general aerobic run to be 8km in total.

5km PLAN WEEK 2

7.41km @ 6m 13s
    46m 01s
    75% MHR / 68% HRR

Similar session to last week. Slightly shorter on total distance but same hills & strides.

Clocked in somewhere between -13 and -26 seconds per km faster than last week at just 1% HR higher (apple watch showed 7.71km but only imported to 7.41km on Strava, so I assume some hills or strides were missed).

I've a sense this is like the early stages in a strength cycle where you start to do some competition specific work and things get better fast as you sharpen your axe, and you start to feel REALLY good. But that's just because there's no real accumulated fatigue yet and once you get outta the second week you're basically in a suffer-fest until the taper.

...just making a note of that theory for my own records!

-
    -
    -

(40/39)

A) Power Clean Tekkers - 1x tall / atk / btk / floor
    60 / 70 / 80 / 90kg

B) HB Pause Squat:
    105kg 4x3

C) Dips & Pull Ups - AMRAPS - EMOM odds/evens

Pull Ups: 16, 7, 5, 5, 4
    Dips: 21, 11, 8, 10, 9

Quick little sash today. Only had a chance to play around and not get a whole lot of “real” work done.

Focused on the basics, went real well.

Clean tech was nice. Squats felt incredible.

Happy out with the dips and pull ups.

Deffo emptied the tank each time on the pull ups, but soft-cocked it a bit on the third set of dips, hence the slight recovery in reps.

Cliff run tomorry.

-
    -
    -

(41/40)

12.04km @ 6m 16s
    1hr 17min
    81% MHR / 76% HRR

F*ck that noise.

Felt like I was gonna vom for the first 2k. Nothing wrong, just a massively upset stomach. Only really got into a rhythm after about 50 mins and sure I was almost done by then.

I saw a dead dolphin washed up on the beach on the way back and just thought "yup, know how you feel mate".

It was RX'd as an endurance run so tried to negative split it - about 40 minutes out / 35 minutes back.

The out loop had a much great elevation gain so probably not the significant difference it seems.

At least it's out of the way on a day where I didn't want to run and made almost every bargain with myself not to.

-
    -
    -

(42/41)

Got a sandbag, some bands and floor sliders to add to the collection.

Spent a while doing various things with them including some sandbag complexes.

Absolutely no structure of any kind, so not counting it as a session.

As an observation tho - that 81% MHR run has left me absolutely wiped out today.

Those 5x3min Vo2 max hill intervals up Putland Road tomorrow are looking worse and worse now.

10.57km @ 5m 48s
    1hr 01min
    78% MHR
    inc 5x3min VO2 max hill repeats

That was miserable, joysus, ugly, beautiful, hard and easy all in one.

Ran straight into a 48km/h NE breeze for over 3km to get to my hill. Knew it was gonna be miserable weather wise so put on the winter leggings before I left. With an air temp of around 0 and a real feel of -4 I think it was justified.

This was my first time doing any VO2 max work so didn't really know how to pace it, but here's what happened. The hill's an avg 5% gradient for the record. Dunno if that's sufficient for the kind of hill repeats prescribed in FRR but it's the only one I had that's long enough.

AFAIK V02 max work for 5km distances should end up being around 90-95% MHR and around 3-5k race pace. I did a "finding my feet" 3km TT to start all this at around 4m 45s with blistering cross winds. I think with a gun to my head I'd have managed to get thru a full 5km at about that pace.

Today's reps were all 3 min up, and ended up being about a 4 min jog back. I know that's longer than standard VO2 recovery, but the book says jog back for the hills.

1: .61km @ 4m 54s / 86% MHR avg
    2: .61km @ 4m 57s / 85% MHR avg
    3: .62km @ 4m 51s / 86% MHR avg
    4: .60km @ 4m 46s / 86% MHR avg
    5: .72km @ 4m 13s / 85% MHR avg

...5 was done on the flat with a tailwind as I ran outta time for the run and needed to start moving back home. Also wanted to see time difference with similar relevant effort.

Screenshot-2021-02-12-at-12-18-36.png

I've no idea what I'd have needed to do to get those into the 90-95% range of max heart rate. Felt like I was running them real hard. Maybe not. Seems like my pace peaked and then slowed, which I assume is not ideal? Each rep did peak at 90-91% tbf. The longer recoveries probably impacted the averages.

Glad I got that done today!

-
    -
    -

(43/43)

• Advertisement

A1/2) EMOM8

ODDs - Barbell Curls:
    30kg 4x12

EVENs - Superman Extension:
    4x12

B) Single Arm Hammer Curl:
    4-4-4-4 (x4) @ 15kg - 90s rest

C) Dips:
    +10kg 4x8 - 90s rest

D1) Reverse Curl:
    20kg 3x15 - no rest

D2) Pushdowns:
    Gree Band 3x20 - no rest

Despite lifting weights for almost 15 years now I've never spent more than about 12 weeks focusing on arm or shoulder work. They've always taken care of themselves as part of a higher volume heavy workload.

But with everything staying shutdown for the next 8 weeks, and being on week 2 of a fairly recovery heavy 12 week 5km plan I figure I may as well spent some time on the glory muscles.

Plan is 1x dedicated arm day, 1x dedicated shoulder/back day, and 1x combo chest/back/arm day.

Will continue to work moderate weight squats and power clean tekkers too to keep things tipping over there.

Even if I'm not lifting heavy, I want to at least look like I can :D:D:D

-
    -
    -

(44/43)

5km @ 6m 30s
    32m 33s
    65% MHR / 54% HRR

Woke up to rain falling sideways, snow coming in a different direction and a real feel of -6. Today was not a day for big runs. Was supposed to be long run day. I usually look forward to it. Wondered why I was feeling so bleurgh. Then I remembered I'd done my V02 max session a day late and lifted as well (yesterday) so not surprising.

Had both a long run and recovery run planned for this weekend so flipped them and did the recovery today.

4 of the 5kms were all around 6m 15s with the 5th being a random exploration of a trail I happened upon that was up over 7m 20s. Very happy to be able to keep my HR so low at those paces now.

Hybrid steak / spice bag for dinner tonight. This'll be interesting.

-
    -
    -

(45/44)

14.2km @ 5m 45s
    1hr 21min
    76% MHR / 68% HRR

I'm not sure how Strava calculates windspeed, but it gave me a reading of 59.1km and it felt every single bit of that.

It felt like 20-25% behind me, 20-25% in front of me and the rest directly across me from different angles.

...and it PISSED the entire time. Like to the point I was worried I might drown standing up.

Sounds miserable right?

WRONG.

I loved every second of it. What a glorious day to suffer.

Took a new route and basically tracked the coast until I ran outta trail at Killiney Beach. The turn back was the most evil portion of the route. My heart rate hit 90% and my km split was 6m 40something - I was almost sprinting into horizontal rain on an incline just to make progress. I was VERY scared that the entire return leg was going to be like that, but thankfully the wind shifted.

I'd have been surprised given I didn't feel THAT much of a tailwind on the way out, but stranger things have happened.

The final few km were a lovely surprise. I'm not sure if I was just numb from rain and cold, or if I'm getting fitter - but I felt ROCK SOLID. Like my body would have given me anything I asked of it today.

Ended the run with 3 final km of;
    5m 28s
    5m 26s
    5m 22s

-
    -
    -

(46/45)

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE - WEEK 1/12
    Run - 44.8km

TOTAL WEEKLY MILEAGE - 2/12
    Run - 48.9km

Last week was an all time weekly mileage PR. So obviously this week was too. Feel very good all things considered.

Ran 5x. Lifted 2x. Good week.

A) Chin Up:
    +10kg 5x5

B) Seal Row:
    60kg 4x10

C) Trap3 Raise:
    5kg 3x15

D) Bradford Press:
    40kg not 4x10

EMOM8
    E1) Front Plate Raise: 20kg x10
    E2) 90deg Lat Raise: 5kg x10

That was yesterday. All in took about 40 mins.

Rest periods were 90sec on most things, and I didn't even bother keeping track reps on the bradford press. Once I hid 4x10 I'll worry about inching it up. For now it gave me a real sweet pump and that's all I was after.

Other than that... have run totally outta grá for the bench program I'd been following after about 15 weeks of it and could feel motivation dipping so changed things.

This is nothing like the normal kinda training I'd do, but once I'm consistently lifting 2-3x per week and hitting it relatively hard I'll hold onto muscle and be happy.

General aerobic run with a bit of speed work later on today to come.

-
    -
    -

(47/46)

5km Plan Week 3/12

9.17km @ 6m 07s
    56m 07s
    77% MHR
    inc. 3x 300/300 with 4 minute jog recoveries

First time doing a speed session of this kind. 300m work, 300m jogged recovery, 3 rounds, 4 minute jog, repeated for 3 total sets.

FRR says to aim for 800m-1mile race pace. I've no idea what that is for me. Based off a V02 max session last week where I held 4m 13s for 700m, I figured somewhere around there was probably right.

Sets as follows (km pace);

1) 4:17 / 4:14 / 4:08
    2) 4:07 / 4:01 / 4:19
    3) 4:10 / 3:47 / 3:53

As you can see, they were all over the place. The first set was my best consistency wise. Realised mid way thru the second I'd overcooked it and pulled back a bit. And on the third I'd a much better idea how far 300m was and ran to distances rather than checking my watch over and over again.

A quick check of a pace equivalency table shows that if I take 3m 47s as an 800m pace, that's a mile pace of right around 3m 56s per km. So I think I'll use 3:55-4:00/km as my 1 mile pace for the duration of this plan. I dunno if that's conservative, ambitious or any combination of anything.

All in all - a really fun session. HR tipped into the 90s a few times but never felt in trouble. Looking forward to 3x8min LT later this week to see how that fares versus week one.

That workout was run with a belly full of buttermilk chicken, pancakes and hot sauce in honour of the day that's in it.

-
    -
    -

(48/47)

11.41km @ 5m 52s
    1hr 07min
    79% MHR

Endurance run listed for today. Goal to stay between 74 and 81% MHR and gradually increase pace as the session goes on.

Trip out was 34.5x and return leg was 32.xx for the same distance.

HR out was approx. 77% out with the return leg being 81%.

Final 3.7km were 5:47-5:32-5:09-5:05.

Apple watched showed 11.71km @ 5m 44s avg. i'm stating to get really ****ed off with the difference considering the only GPS device I'm wearing is an apple watch. So even if the watch is wrong, it should surely at least agree to strava. Load of ****ing bull****.

Despite the data frustration it was a nice run and one I felt strong on. Stayed off the cliff today and ran towards Cherrywood as my trail shoes were STILL wet from Sunday's swimrun.

-
    -
    -

(49/48)

A) Power Clean Tekkers - tall / atk / btk / floor:
    60kg, 70kg, 80kg

B) Squat:
    120kg x5
    125kg x5
    130kg x5

EMOM8 - odds / evens
    C1) Pull Ups: x15-8-6-5
    C2) Dips: x20-15-11-10

D) Bradford Press:
    40kg x10-10-8 w/ 90s recovery

EMOM6 - odds / evens
    E1) Front Plate Raise: 20kg 3x10
    E2) 90deg Lat Raise: 5kg 3x10

EMOM8 - odds / evens
    F1) Barbell Curl: 30kg 4x10
    F2) Superman Extension: #9 4x10

G) Alternating Arms Hammer Curl:
    15kg x4-4-4 (x3) w/ 90s recovery

H1) Pushdowns: green 3x20, no rest
    H2) Reverse Curls: 20kg 3x15, no rest

That was a monster session. I reckon I'll get 2 good lifting sessions in per week max for the next while so I'm gonna push em hard. It only took 70 minutes but there was A LOT of destruction there.

Back to work now.

-
    -
    -

(50/49)

5.1km @ 6m 22s
    31m 50s
    72% MHR / 63% HRR

Supposed to be a 13km tempo run today with the above due tomorrow but after the mental and emotional toll of listening MM yesterday and waking up with multiple texts about it I just didn't have the heart to get up and moving.

Did a SAVAGE job keeping busy cleaning the gaff today tho.

Legs felt so so heavy when I eventually got out. Hoping today functions as a nice shake down for tomorrow.

-
    -
    -

(51/50)

• Advertisement

11.66km @ 5m 56s
    1hr 09m
    72% MHR / 63% HRR

Was supposed to be either a 16km long run, or 13km tempo run today but I didn't have time for the long run, and the weather was WAY too **** to attempt any kinda tempo...

...so I'll do a few extra slow km tomorrow after the tempo run and end up with the correct mileage across the weekend. Sometimes just getting enough is enough. And it was either gonna get done this way or not at all.

Dunno what it was like around Ireland, but Bray @ 1pm was eff'n MISERABLE. I thought last weekend was the worst weather I'd ever run in. But today was worse.

Truly horizontal rain like someone was stabbing you in the face with a fork. Head wind bad enough to add 30-40s to a km pace and cross winds that made it impossible to run straight.

Money in the bank tho. As awful as the weather was, it's nice to know it still got done.

-
    -
    -

(52/51)

Advertisement