Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing milk. MOD NOTE POST #1

Options
  • 08-11-2020 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Please keep discussion civil, basically do not abuse/attack a poster, thank you

Every choice we make has an outcome. It is either positive or negative. Our choices impact the world around us. They can be insignificant or detrimental to another's wellbeing.
    Advertising and societal conditioning can often, all the time, lead us to make choices which blind us to the outcomes. If we don't see the outcomes, the fallout, if we are blind to the negative repercussions, we will usually continue without thinking. Until it is pointed out.
    The maternal bond begins in pregnancy.

-A closed thread in Current Affairs but it is an exquisitely current affair to some mothers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

Cost of soy production...talk to me

Imo grass fed dairy in ireland is better for the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

By Jesus, I feckin love milk.

auspicious wrote: »
    Advertising and societal conditioning can often, all the time, lead us to make choices which blind us to the outcomes.

Is your video not just a different form of the same thing?

nofools wrote: »
    Cost of soy production...talk to me

Imo grass fed dairy in ireland is better for the environment

Oat milk we can do i suppose.

Nut milk, same problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Oat milk doesn't cause psychological distress to a mother though. A plant will not chase after it's offspring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I like milk, why should I care about your agenda?

Oat milk doesn't cause psychological distress to a mother though. A plant will not chase after it's offspring.

More concerned about the environment.

Have been on dairy farms, cows seemed fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You'll have to be up early to steel my milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've not drank straight milk in 10 years plus, obviously I am exposed to it as an ingredient in so many other day to day foods. I do take vitamin supplements to cover the loss of vitamins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I've not drank straight milk in 10 years plus, obviously I am exposed to it as an ingredient in so many other day to day foods. I do take vitamin supplements to cover the loss of vitamins.
    Foods like what out of interest

• Advertisement

There is no loss of vitamins from abstaining from the cruelty of milk. Calcium is more bioavailable from other food sources.
    A friend of mine, a dairy farmer, had his mother spend five weeks in hospital after a cow attacked and crushed his mother protecting her newborn calf. The bond is strong and begins in pregnancy, as in any mammal.
    They don't deserve the distress. The milk as in any mammal is designed for the baby. No-one else.

Why are you friends with the enemy?

M

s1ippy wrote: »
    Foods like what out of interest

Chocolate, bread, most stuff with carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Next thing we'll have a thread telling us not to eat meat.
    Of course no one gives a hoot about the poor vegetable yanked from the nice warm earth which is full of nutrients.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I do it on your doorstep

M

There is no loss of vitamins from abstaining from the cruelty of milk. Calcium is more bioavailable from other food sources.
    A friend of mine, a dairy farmer, had his mother spend five weeks in hospital after a cow attacked and crushed his mother protecting her newborn calf. The bond is strong and begins in pregnancy, as in any mammal.
    They don't deserve the distress. The milk as in any mammal is designed for the baby. No-one else.

The resources to raise cows both water and food is insane, especially when we are exporting most of it and paying through our hole in carbon tax emissions to support it.

Pat mustard there are some very hairy babies on craggy island and I think you are the hairy baby maker.....

Laughing very loudly inside an old telecom eireann phone box, Collin Farrel stared Inthe phone boxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

i love the jugs

bassy wrote: »
    i love the jugs

Serious set of jugs on her

• Advertisement

Crows loved the metal caps on the bottle... They would then place pebbles in to get the milk.... Smart bird

The resources to raise cows both water and food is insane, especially when we are exporting most of it and paying through our hole in carbon tax emissions to support it.

It depends a

Give me the case for ireland.

We can digress and debate upon resources and carbon emissions, which by the way are in no way insignificant, it's obvious with today's information, but the fact remains that the mother is very much distressed and suffers as a consequence of the purchase by consumers of a litre of milk in a shop or supermarket etc. when alternatives are available and more than suffice.
    Causing unnecessary distress for an uneccessary product is not justifiable. If it is please convince me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Breakfast cereal makers quietly quaking in their boots now. Wonder what the thought process behind drinking another animals milk was though.. The first person to do it, why?

Breakfast cereal makers quietly quaking in their boots now. Wonder what the thought process behind drinking another animals milk was though.. The first person to do it, why?
    Remus, because Romulus was too slow.

We can digress and debate upon resources and carbon emissions, which by the way are in no way insignificant, it's obvious with today's information, but the fact remains that the mother is very much distressed and suffers as a consequence of the purchase by consumers of a litre of milk in a shop or supermarket etc. when alternatives are available and more than suffice.
    Causing unnecessary distress for an uneccessary product is not justifiable. If it is please convince me.

In the case of ireland where grass grows and water falls it is better than importing soy or nut milks premade and heavy from the likes of holland or the uk.

Protecting the environment means less dehabitation and plenty of animal suffering.

Less emotion and more thinking

Presumably the best solution then would be to grow predominantly oats instead of keeping grass for cattle, because it's possible to produce milk from oats.

M

nofools wrote: »
    It depends a

Give me the case for ireland.

Would be less financially damaging if we got farmers not directly supplying Ireland with meat to instead grow hemp to make rope with. I shouldn't be paying carbon tax on the emissions on my car for essential journeys while some arsehole is supplying meat to a plate in China when they could produce the same product there much more sustainably.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Presumably the best solution then would be to grow predominantly oats instead of keeping grass for cattle, because it's possible to produce milk from oats.

Yeah maybe...i would turn my attention to ending human suffering first though

Pro choice, i like butter and real milk myself

• Advertisement

And the animals that are forced from their habitats/killed for said plant to grow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement