Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Not at all. There's a curtain shop in Dublin that is deemed essential. All the electronic stores too. I'm sick of this ****. If someone wants to come to my house they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Not at all. There's a curtain shop in Dublin that is deemed essential. All the electronic stores too. I'm sick of this ****. If someone wants to come to my house they can.

but, but, theyre selling masks, so their selling PPE gear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I just got admission to my nan's funeral over my other cousins because I play music. Score.

:(

Yes and no. I'm done with Covid but at the same time I'm doing my best with social distancing and handwashing. We do joke at home that if I get the virus it will be thanks to my elderly father and not the other way around. I go for coffee and walks with my work colleagues, pop in to my friend's house but am not in groups or gatherings at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Not at all. Had 3 friends around earlier for a match and a few beers, great laugh. I won't be putting my life on hold for something that won't affect me in the slightest.

Selfish? Probably. We are all selfish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

s1ippy wrote: »
    I just got admission to my nan's funeral over my other cousins because I play music. Score.

:(

Christ no idea what to say other than condolences and how crap is it you get picked because of a certain talent to attend a funeral. I hope the rest of your family has the sense to turn up at the graveyard respecting SD of course.
    We've had our differences lad but again condolences, hope she passed peacefully.
    Can't thank your post, it's the same as putting a like on a RIP post on FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

DM_2092 wrote: »

We need something to twitch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I must be overly cautious, given the vulnerability for severe complications for myself and many around me.

Unfortunately, my neighbours do not share the same concern for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Lundstram wrote: »
    Not at all. Had 3 friends around earlier for a match and a few beers, great laugh. I won't be putting my life on hold for something that won't affect me in the slightest.

But some, like you, are significantly more selfish than others.

quokula wrote: »
    I'm fine with that, seeing my friends and family outweigh the risk by a lot.

Lock yourself away if you so wish. I certainly won't be.

• Advertisement

At least he is honest and not making up a load of bollox about the chyna virus being a hoax or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeah, **** the kids for wanting to be kids..

you idiot

f* everyone not bothering. Not giving a s* and for putting lives at risk because they are too selfish to bother. Happy to risk Infecting healthy people, people who have fought through cancer and years of treatment to stay alive, elderly people who have worked their whole lives bit will be refused an ICU place because they are over 60 & have heart condition and are male,

F those who are putting lives and hospital workers and their families at risk because they are too impotent and selfish to pull their weight and do the basics. F those who think their last responsibility to their child was then they spat them out of their vagina.

I hope they all die screaming in regret.Preferably
    from covid.

f* everyone not bothering. Not giving a s* and for putting lives at risk because they are too selfish to bother. Infecting healthy people, people who have fought through cancer and years of treatment to stay alive, elderly people who have worked
    their whole lives bit will be refused an ICU place
    because they are over 60 & have heart condition and are male,

F those who are putting lives and hospital workers and their families at risk because they are too impotent and selfish to pull their weight and do the basics. F those who think their last responsibility to their child was then they spat them out of their vagina.

from covid.
    Go to bed, you're embarrassing yourself.

Go to bed, you're embarrassing yourself.

Im not the one not following the rules.

no - we are not all selfish.
    Just some impotent utterly selfish dickheads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Have a day off Shiela.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm fine with that, seeing my friends and family outweigh the risk by a lot.

Lock yourself away if you so wish. I certainly won't be.

The rest of us will be locked away a lot longer because of selfish people like you.

f* everyone not bothering. Not giving a s* and for putting lives at risk because they are too selfish to bother. Happy to risk Infecting healthy people, people who have fought through cancer and years of treatment to stay alive, elderly people who have worked their whole lives bit will be refused an ICU place because they are over 60 & have heart condition and are male,

from covid.

Appreciate the intensity of your anger, I'm not wishing harm on anyone. I am more sad to live in a selfish society with poor self control. I thought we were better.

We are all so busy and distracted that many of us can't live with ourselves in quiet solitude when needs must.

People who never took time to stop and think and now find it injurious to their health.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ShineOn7 wrote:
    Are people following the Households rule or just doing whatever they like now?

More or less whatever we like, with precautions of course

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The rest of us will be locked away a lot longer because of selfish people like you.

And that selfish sort will whinge loudest about the economy while doing their best to keep up and extend restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 rinleezz

I'll just say that I am severely disappointed with the results of this poll. If half the people keep up this mindset of "it won't affect me" or "I won't get it", this craziness will never end. I bet that most people who have been tested positive had the same attitude and got caught by surprise.

The reasoning of some people here is astonishing. Feeling lonely really is not a valid reason to put people in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

rinleezz wrote: »
    I'll just say that I am severely disappointed with the results of this poll. If half the people keep up this mindset of "it won't affect me" or "I won't get it", this craziness will never end. I bet that most people who have been tested positive had the same attitude and got caught by surprise.

The reasoning of some people here is astonishing. Feeling lonely really is not a valid reason to put people in danger

The craziness is indeed mad!
    Lockdowns don't work. They just make poor people poorer. You do realise that Level 5 restrictions has signed the death warrants of many many people. It's not that people don't care.
    It's that they see the nonsense being perpetrated by our government and Nphet.
    It's actually sad seeing what we have become.
    I think the new wave is gathering momentum. And it's not a Covid wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Or the Grandkids might vastly shorten their lives by having it Asymptomatically around them

Besides; the examples I've seen so far were Grandparents in their mid 60s, the average length of life in Ireland is 81 years

There's no excuse for kids being around Grandparents in their mid 60s under Level 5 restrictions

Nothing stopping you from living in level five for the rest of your life if you want. But please, do everyone a favor and keep your clearly substantial beak out of other people’s private lives.

bikeman1 wrote: »
    I would say many people are like me. I don’t follow the rules strictly at all, but do things as sensibly as I see possibly. I still visit my parents, my other half who doesn’t live with me but close by and one other friend. I’m also in the office most days which is fully functioning now with social distancing as an essential service.

But that’s it. No meeting up with my wider friends and family, which I miss but it’s the same for everyone.

I know for a fact that we’ll never get this time back with our loved ones, so we have to enjoy our time now even with the virus. We don’t know what’s around the corner.

Absolute BS
    “I don’t follow the rules strictly at all, but do things as sensibly as I see possible”
    Wow, great logic there. So what you’re saying is, you know best, better than the experts. What you really mean is, these rules are not for you, nothing sensible about it.

“I know for a fact that we’ll never get this time back with our loved ones, so we have to enjoy our time now”
    It’s is precisely this logic that is putting your loved ones at risk, and also delaying me seeing my loved ones.

So when you say sensible, you mean selfish right?

The reasoning of some people here is astonishing. Feeling lonely really is not a valid reason to put people in danger

The craziness is indeed mad!
    Lockdowns don't work. They just make poor people poorer. You do realise that Level 5 restrictions has signed the death warrants of many many people. It's not that people don't care.
    It's that they see the nonsense being perpetrated by our government and Nphet.
    It's actually sad seeing what we have become.
    I think the new wave is gathering momentum. And it's not a Covid wave!

Funny you say that, because if you look back, you will notice that everything went downhill when restrictions were eased and schools reopened. You only seem interested in the financial effects of a lockdown, which is understandable. I'm lucky enough to have been working this entire time and I can only imagine what business owners are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'll just say that I am severely disappointed with the results of this poll. If half the people keep up this mindset of "it won't affect me" or "I won't get it", this craziness will never end.

What you missing is the people who voted No the craziness is over for.

What you missing is the people who voted No the craziness is over for.

And it's even worse for everyone else. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

You seem very angry, are you always like this or could the lockdowns be effecting you’re mental health?

You seem very angry, are you always like this or could the lockdowns be effecting you’re mental health?

To see people openly breaking the rules during a global pandemic is a reasonable source of anger.
    To see people reaching a whole new level of selfishness and stupidity is infuriating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

And it's even worse for everyone else. Thanks.

It's not really the rules are crazy. You can live outside them and still not be a threat to the at risk or your friends. The rules are there as the Government don't trust people to have common sense.

Advertisement