Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2042

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Thank god someone else got it and its not just me being terrible at games now... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I am playing on xbox one x, was having a horrid time, so I turned off cross play and it is now a much more enjoyable experience...

I'm finding it the opposite way around, can't shoot to save my life in 2042 but it's much better in BC2 &bc3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just caught the young fella sneaking bf2042 under my account (he knows to switch to mine when his time runs out) .

but the progress I’ve made on the pc version has carried over to the Xbox version. I imagine it’s because of cross play. Which is pretty cool.

• Advertisement

There is no Xbox Series X specific version is there?.

From searching online i see no distinction and the versions are based on Standard/Gold/Ultimate.

Want to confirm as Smyths are listing an Xbox X version for e75 with a box specific to XBX while Argos have a version for like E60 for both consoles with a case to cover that.

Wasnt it rumoured early that last gen had a player cap?... surely if theres differences the same disc wouldn't run specific for each console?.

FIFA launched again with different versions and dont want to get a last gen version if it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I’ve the last gen Xbox One X and it’s capped at 64 players. Once you’ve the next gen console ,it’s 128 players. I think it’s only a matter of downloading that version to your console. The disc games shows both consoles on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

There's the bones of a good game in there. But it's currently a bit of a mess with absolutely stupid design decisions.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I see Smyths actually have both version's and the mixed version is €60.

Initially i thought Smyths only had the e75 option.

The issue is the €75 version has only XSX and the cheaper has both.

They're so bad are releasing official info detailing the differences for games since the new consoles came out.. getting a bit sick of having to deep dive on new games to see whats what.

I suppose ill drive to Smyths and just read the bloody boxes when I get there.

I don't see any difference noted online so not sure what I'd be paying e15 extra for, but the fact i have the 4k and XSX i don't want a version missing X,Y and Z.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Homelander

The digtal version I think is cross-gen but not sure about physical so definitely be careful. A version that says it works on both gens is the last-gen version in the case of 2042.

With previous games, like say, Black Ops, the next-gen version just had better graphics and a few other features.

With a game like BF2042 the two versions are very, very different. The "last-gen" version has half the player count and much smaller maps.

The other thing as well is that if you buy the last-gen version you cannot play with PS5 or Xbox Series X/S players (or PC), even though you yourself would be playing on the same console.

Course it goes the other way too. If you have the next-gen version but your friends have the last-gen version, they are not cross compatible for multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else play Enlisted? Since I got into it I actually don't even play BFV anymore, Enlisted is "proper" WW2 without being as hardcore as something like Hell Let Loose. Yeah it's super grindy because it's free to play, but god the combat, battles, atmosphere, maps, everything is just top notch. It really deserves to be more popular.

The D-Day Omaha map on Invasion mode (basically breakthrough) is everything BFV should have been and more, the atmosphere is something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played it for a few weeks , its decent but the more i played it the more i saw its short comings.for WW2 Hell let Loose is unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive not played it but watched many streams and gameplay footage and it done nothing for me personally.

On another note it seems World War 3 has arisen again, might be worth dipping into now.

Yeah going F2P as well, the relaunch looks very decent but seriously was "World War 3" the best title they could have come up with? Sounds like a crappy mobile game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its "out" again on Thursday, liked the original it had potential, wasnt a big fan of the recent update.

Removed what made it good but seeing as tho I bought it 2 years ago may as well try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Big stuff there. Didn't expect the late post! Update this Thurs!

Step in the right direction. It's definitely a fun game, I don't think it deserves 'worst game of all time' level reviews. - a lot of things to correct and change of course, but lets see how it will unfold.

Really hope the AR's are viable on Thursday, sick of using that PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

For a challenge, try and use that lever action, the GVT 45-70. By christ its horrendous. For added pain, pop a 4X on it. Thats when the real fun begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have been playing the 10 hour free trial with gamepass and this game is garbage. The series peaked with bf3 and bf4 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tried Hell let loose and it was incredibly boring,...returned it for a steam refund. The first time I've ever had to refund a game on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

As JackFrags said recently, they should have delayed the game rather than launch the mess they did. They're getting the blowback they deserve.

Nothing in that list of bug fixes however is going to address the fundamental things wrong with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was missing a guy 120m away with an assault rifle but got killed by a guy doing a little dance and hopping up and down with an SMG who was able to hit me no problem.

TTK is way too fast. Game loop is about 45 seconds. 25 seconds running. 5 seconds playing, 15 seconds respawning.

Boost the soldier health to 150% and it will be so much more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

"Boost the soldier health to 150% and it will be so much more fun."

Oh god no.

I had to get the digital version in the end. It seems the disc options are XB1 or XSX.

I got the cross gen for e50 from Brazil so covers having to switch back if I want to play with anyone who hasn't the X.

Only really played a round today.

I'm going to leave it until they fix the guns, whether that's tomorrow or the second patch.

Everyone Online running the same gun is too tedious to get involved in.

I'm also not a fan of the All Out Warfare size.

One squad, or even one player could make a huge inpact in the 64 man servers.

You're just marginalised too much with 128, you're not going to be able to make much of a difference and it's almost like "just run around there in this conquest round and at the end one team will have won".

Ill probably deviate towards Portal from what I know so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Agree it should have been delayed and the blowback is deserved due to the unfinished state of it, but also still the more I play, the more enjoyable I'm finding it, there's a good game in there somewhere and it's undeserving of 'worst game of all time' reviews.

It will be interesting to see how much they change now that the game is 'live'.

Curious to see how it plays after todays patch with the PP/hovercraft changes (+revive fix!)

I hate the COD TDM feel of it now. Battlefield always gave you a chance to get out of trouble if you were fast. Now I'm dead before i even know there was anyone there. 90% of the time it is either 1 shot snipers or two shots from an SMG. You have zero time to react. it's just a spawn, run, die, spawn churn, BF5 had the same thing and it is why it died. Everyone I play BF with has tried 2042 and just hate the dying over and over again. They have all gone warzone.

Servers with boosted health are great fun. The fire fights are epic. You really feel like you were in a battle when you take a point.

Post edited by Grumpypants on

Early indications are the patch did the trick for assault rifles. Will have to get on and see. But first few streams I watched mentioned that and improved audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There's still lots and lots of bugs. Hit registration is the main issue I have currently in high occupancy areas, however, yes... I can confirm using ARs is much improved. You can actually hit enemies, the M5A3 and AK are actually usable now. I've also just unlocked the AC-12 and can confirm it will be the new meta after the PP-29.

Footsteps are a lot easier to decipher where they're coming from rather than the multiple clogs that used to come from all around. Even when you were on your own. PS5's 3D audio is much improved with my headphones too.

I would certainly say its a step in the right direction. Its most definitely not the worst game in the world despite what some have soapboxed, however I would say this patch has brought it up to a 7.5 for me.

I remember the absolutely atrocious BF4 launch, this is somewhat the same, but they're able to fix things server side rather quickly. This will hopefully make it a bit easier to patch things as they crop up. Bit of balancing with the guns/vehicles still to do.

Advertisement