Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are Ireland's unsung heroes?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Work with a guy who started fostering kids with his wife. One of the kids stole form them, threatened them, ran away, friend's of the kid called the house and threatened to burn them out etc. Social service were of no help and went as far as to blame them for the behaviour of the kid. so they stopped fostering.

He/she would probably sue them as well, for breach of GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

How do you know teachers dont do continuous professional development throughout thier career ?

As they should.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

I have to give Michael O'Leary and ultimately Tony Ryan a nomination.

If it weren't for them we'd still have our hoops rode by Aer Lingus and pay a week's wages to fly to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Carers and nurses in nursing homes . I have seen first hand what they do for the residents and how the give them so much love
    It must be an absolute nightmare at the moment for them . I know how much the relayed on visitors and how much the enjoyed the carers enjoyed the craic with visitors .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

I have to give Michael O'Leary and ultimately Tony Ryan a nomination.

If it weren't for them we'd still have our hoops rode by Aer Lingus and pay a week's wages to fly to Liverpool.

Yeah but unsung? Compared to most other people mentioned here, they have been more than compensated for their contributions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement