Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Not sure who'll be the second to go through. They all had slight issues but did really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OMG, that gravy with the wagu beef....... yummmmmmm!!!!

I'd eat a plate of that on its own with a few slices of fresh white bread to dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Tracy McLeod is looking a bit rough tonight - hope she's ok.

I thought similar myself, she looked very different. Couldn't quite put my finger on what or why exactly.

That Yawkshur guy is likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

tinpib wrote: »
    I thought similar myself, she looked very different. Couldn't quite put my finger on what or why exactly.

That Yawkshur guy is likeable.

He seems a real likeable fellow..

I always had an eye for Tracey over the years (showing my age) but yeah she looks more wrecked and tired than usual..
    Jay is funny though..

4Ad wrote: »
    He seems a real likeable fellow..

I always had an eye for Tracey over the years (showing my age) but yeah she looks more wrecked and tired than usual..
    Jay is funny though..
    I think they're probably my favourite critics from this series.

Although that Sitwell fella makes me laugh as well.

Marcus and Monica are just so annoyingly patronising, I'm not sure I'll last the series this time they're annoying me so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I think they're probably my favourite critics from this series.

Although that Sitwell fella makes me laugh as well.

Marcus and Monica are just so annoyingly patronising, I'm not sure I'll last the series this time they're annoying me so much!

I find it a much better show when that eejit Greg Wallace is not on it. Brings nothing to it. Can't see why he is on judging professional chefs and is soo annoying to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Reminds me a bit of Sven from a few years ago.

Sven was sound out. There was a guy - Dean i believe - who got to the final a couple of years ago. Now he was cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Frenchie going out...he did flatter to decieve though.

With less contestants the standard is really high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Degag wrote: »
    Sven was sound out. There was a guy - Dean i believe - who got to the final a couple of years ago. Now he was cocky.

Aye, Dean. Couldn't stand either of those lads, to be honest.

In the context of this being a heavily edited tv show obviously.

One of the easier skills test..first lad wasn't great though..

• Advertisement

Only starting watching now.....

The amount of butter on that rosti :eek: - (and I'm a total butter fiend!)

Followed by what looked like still-liquid white on the fried egg - bleeuuuuurgh :(

The first fella didn't impress the judges, but that's exactly how I'd want that dish done! Well, maybe cook the rosti a bit better - but burnt bacon, crispy properly fried egg - yum!!

"A few too many tomatoes for me" says Greg.

Well, firstly, Greg, you don't have to eat them all.

And second, that's the same amount or near enough that Marcus and the first fella cooked and served.

This kind of ****e, petty nit-picking is what's putting me right off this series lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

"A few too many tomatoes for me" says Greg.

Well, firstly, Greg, you don't have to eat them all.

And second, that's the same amount or near enough that Marcus and the first fella cooked and served.

This kind of ****e, petty nit-picking is what's putting me right off this series lately!

I think that’s Gregg trying to make himself relevant, not really sure what the point of him is

I think Gregg is there so the whole thing is not totally serious, as with the other 2.

However his input into the judging ? Not so much I would think.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I think that’s Gregg trying to make himself relevant, not really sure what the point of him is
    I don't disagree, but they all do it.

Monica and Marcus were both giving out about the wonton included on a dish, couldn't see the point of it - it's a little fecking dumpling, get over it!

The chef thought it was a good idea, just don't eat it if you don't want it.

Jeepers, scary Scottish chef :eek:

Thanks be to gawd that's the last of the Monica/Marcus Marvellously Meticulous Perfection rounds over with - as someone posted earlier I'd eat my hat (with perfectly smooth parsley paste and beautifully passed garlic cream :rolleyes:) if they did any of those dishes in anything even approaching 20 minutes!

I see the delightfully wobbly Grace is on tonight, she always cheers me up :D

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think Gregg is there so the whole thing is not totally serious, as with the other 2.

However his input into the judging ? Not so much I would think.

Ya, I agree. I think Gregg is there as "Good Cop" to Marcus and Monica's "Bad Cop". He always makes soothing noises and accentuates the positives.

Grace walking like a perfect panna cotta as always.

• Advertisement

Squid ink batter looks vile !

Standard is really high.

Dutchlad will be there at the end.

4Ad wrote: »
    Squid ink batter looks vile !

Some people always end up losing the plot and doing crazy things.

It looked like an experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

ebbsy wrote: »
    Standard is really high.

Dutchlad will be there at the end.

Would be very surprised if he wasn't. Would be my favourite for winner at the moment (though I missed yesterday's episode thus far).

That Dutch fella has winner written all over him!

His dish looked utterly amazing. Those cherries!!!

One thing i would dearly love is a chance to see a real time video of a chef for their hour and 15. The snippets all out of sync give no sense of how they organise themselves or what order they do stuff in.

The food gets so out there by the end of this series, that I'd love to see some of the basics for a change!

Aarons foodalways look lovely
    (And I'm a Veggie)
    Very hight standard tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Love barts food. Cannot warm to Jonno.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Your man Johno is the only one I don't really like. Hes very cocky but he is very good

siblers wrote: »
    Your man Johno is the only one I don't really like. Hes very cocky but he is very good

I'm not proud of it, but he's the first MC contestant in a long time that I'm actually willing to have a car crash day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm not proud of it, but he's the first MC contestant in a long time that I'm actually willing to have a car crash day!

I can seel him making the final. Hopefully he will implode though

Advertisement