Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Hmm, wonder what the anonymous contestant did to be edited out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

twill wrote: »
    Hmm, wonder what the anonymous contestant did to be edited out?

Ooooh, I just switched over as they were tasting that French guy's skills test. That sounds intriguing.

Think this chap might be over estimating his skills. Talks about his Insta, but hasn't smoked anything and doesn't know how to make a mayo.

Oh dear, poor pancake guy. Marcus looking daggers at him.
    Ooooh, I just switched over as they were tasting that French guy's skills test. That sounds intriguing.

There was a screen at the beginning, all it said was that one of the contestants had been edited out of the programme.

That's very interesting. Because in the preview for it last Thursday, I guess they showed all 4 walking outside as usual?? Might go back and check if I can.

If so, then something obviously happened since Thursday and they re-edited it.

Although just speculation on my part.

From that it we can gather that they didn't get through. Would be some spanner in the works if they did get through. Serious disruption to the show.

edit: also cringing at the pancake guy, chatting away about how he is a pastry chef as he is making a fupping balls of the crepes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Ya man is having a disaster.(Scott)

• Advertisement

Oh Crikey, this poor sod has had a nightmare. It's a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Timfy

So rumour has it the chef worked for Stenna and used a recipe that belonged to them and was covered by a non disclosure agreement

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Poor standard all round tonight.

Just went back to last Thursday's episode, they only showed 3 of them walking alright, so nothing very sudden.

I'm intrigued as to what happened. It will probably be on Twitter, or at the very least some outrageous speculation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Looking back at last week's episode at the end it just showed the three contestants walking not the usual 4.
    The voice over also said "another group" rather than "4 more contestants"

I'm guessing that just like the celebrity version someone pulled out because of the rona and including them at this point would confuse things.
    Although during the judging section it didn't seem like a fourth name was being edited out

• Advertisement

Timfy wrote: »
    So rumour has it the chef worked for Stenna and used a recipe that belonged to them and was covered by a non disclosure agreement

Who or what is Stenna? I googled there and got nothing. Do you mean Stena ferries?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Correcting my earlier post

Even if it was covid related they could just have said at the end "chef x did not continue due to health reasons" etc

Twitter pushing the idea the guy had Nazi tatoos or told Marcus to "eff off" during filming

• Registered Users Posts: 28,905 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't got to the end yet, so haven't read all the comments here yet......

But it occurred to me - is someone getting edited out (someone MUST have been able to find out what happened!!) the reason three went through in the first week? Did they have to go back and hastily redo that??

Also, my God but the French fella is boiling the absolute bejaysus out of his veg :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Timfy

tinpib wrote: »
    Who or what is Stenna? I googled there and got nothing. Do you mean Stena ferries?

Sorry, should have been clearer, yes Stenna Line ferries, apparently all staff have to sign non disclosure agreements and this covers recipes, food presentation etc.

No idea if this is true or not but it was posted by a Stenna Line employee.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This should be submitted to the Guinness Book of Records as the longest-kept secret of recent times - it's over 12 hours since the show broadcast (and God knows how long since it was edited) and STILL it seems nobody knows why! There isn't a secret that's lasted 12 minutes since the advent of Twitter ffs!

From my amateurish trawling of Twitter, speculation seems to be falling into two camps - the Stena recipe story, which I find very hard to believe (Stena hardly being a bastion of gourmet cooking, for one thing) - and some contestant having told Marcus to go f*** himself, which may or may not have been justified but surely they could have just edited it out and then made sure they didn't go through?

I have to admit by being absolutely intrigued by this one, and I'd say more of my day than is wise will be devoted to trying to find out what went on :D

I'm intrigued too.

This is where the Daily Mail comes into their own, they have the email address of the journalist to contact with any information. I'm sure we will hear about it at some point today.

https://twitter.com/GedlingGroveFC/status/1331666038216417280?s=19

Well, if that's true, Marcus is some drama queen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yikes. Fair play to the editors. They did a great job cutting him out of existance.

Thanos Wareing. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Yikes. Fair play to the editors. They did a great job cutting him out of existance.

Thanos Wareing. :o

Yeah, I'm not really convinced that's actually the real story though! It might be, but then again.....

Cannot believe it's been 24 hours, and some sort of believable account hasn't emerged!!!

• Advertisement

Saw this on another forum. The source indicates it was health related. Odd that they didn't just say so rather than editing the contestant out, but perhaps they wanted privacy?

All these tomatoes are making me feel ill..... I cannot STAND fresh tomatoes :(:(

Closely followed by raw scallops.

This is not good watching for me :(

As a veggie them kidneys are disgusting, turned over !!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    All these tomatoes are making me feel ill..... I cannot STAND fresh tomatoes :(:(

Closely followed by raw scallops.

This is not good watching for me :(

Ah Jesus, kidneys now!!

Barf!!! :(

That looks foul.

Joe has what looks like about an entire halibut filleted to do just one plate....

How much stuff do they actually use (read - waste) for one plate of food? I reckon there should be a cost benefit analysis along with the tasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That kidney looked like a bushtucker trial on I'm a celebrity...!
    Rotten.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Think this is the first time I've ever seen Chef Mike on MasterChef :pac: That choco cake looks yum!

I'm running a bit behind, but the raw prawns in the first round, and that black dumpling dough didn't do a lot for my humour.

The hosts are really, REALLY annoying me this series!

Tracy McLeod is looking a bit rough tonight - hope she's ok.

Guillaume brings a smile to my face, hoping him and the youngfella with the baby get through. Although Aaron looks like he'll be hard to beat.....

• Advertisement

Hard to pick any loser's tonight..
    Like Aarons food..

Advertisement