Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Ffs. I have relatives in Vienna, including a cousin who's a Catholic priest, beautiful city. Leave Vienna alone of all places! Nutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Only yesterday there was an attack on a Catholic Church in Vienna, police said it was a "prank".

You don't have to bring the Catholic Church into every thread you know. This is about an ongoing terrorist incident, not a bunch of teenagers up to no good in a church.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

No we do not need that. We can get tough, and de-Islamise our continent. there is no need to respond with mass murder. Just your religious nonsense is no longer welcome, there is the door, don't let it hit you on the way out

That’s Walter Mitty talk, Islam is here to stay just like any religion

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Truly shocking what is happening in Vienna right now, reports that several are dead and in multiple locations.

It has put a chill down my spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Watched a few on twitter its mental. There is one of a poor policeman being gunned down.

They are dressed in white, as you say, full Islamic garb

Sub human filth.

Hostage situation at a Japanese restaurant now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

That’s Walter Mitty talk, Islam is here to stay just like any religion

Islam has been stopped multiple times before. Read a book

Why look up these videos at all, seems perverse to me people have died.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

New to the parish it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You don't have to bring the Catholic Church into every thread you know. This is about an ongoing terrorist incident, not a bunch of teenagers up to no good in a church.
    The point is that there has been a full weekend of Islamic attacks on sites in Vienna, supposedly by the so called "Grey Wolves" - there has been a build up of violence over the past few days, could be connected, that's why I mentioned it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

GT89 wrote: »

Just like the lad in the Paris beheading if I recall correctly.

The people smuggling so called ‘charities’ have more blood on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

No we do not need that. We can get tough, and de-Islamise our continent. there is no need to respond with mass murder. Just your religious nonsense is no longer welcome, there is the door, don't let it hit you on the way out

Only one way to fix a vermin infestation. You can't tickle and cuddle them out I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Why look up these videos at all, seems perverse to me people have died.
    Trying to use twitter for news and they just pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Usual suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I've just seen a video of a police officer getting shot, he looked like he was hit in the chest but still moving

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A city I love a great deal. **** these animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I These savages don't care about anyone who's not a radical Islamic wankbag .

Are you referring to ISIS or PBP supporters?

It really could apply to both

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Considering the events of the day, something on the 1529 Siege of Vienna is as good a place to start as any.

Yes right it’s really going to happen ok Charlie, not fanciful in the slightest. Ok now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

GT89 wrote: »

Does the main Austrian broadsheet also have a weekly puff piece where people in the asylum system openly brag about their claim not even being legitimate like they do in the IT here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah and its always reported like it's a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People of the Book victims yet again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

One police man confirmed dead. Rest in Peace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Considering the events of the day, something on the 1529 Siege of Vienna is as good a place to start as any.

1683 is the one you're thinking of. The ottoman sultan ditched the 1529 siege

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Where is our Mad King? Europe we need a temporary tyrant/saviour to cleanse our lands of the Islamic disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Savages

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Hostage situation now at the Akakito Japanese Restaurant at the Hilton, Vienna.

RIP to all involved

Whats behind the recent uptick in terrorism activities??

Previous to this,you could always muster some semble of reasoning behind attacks (as unpalatable as it may be)

But theres no election due/no increase in activities in middle east by westerns....seems like islamists trying to wipe up a strom to influence US election.....is putin back-rolling this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Coming to a city near you.

but but but Jews

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Vienna and Salzburg are the woke urban centres, most of the rest of the country is reasonably conservative. There has been considerable grumbling following the migrant crisis and like in Germany, there has been little integration of the Turkish Gastareiter that came in the 70s/80s/90s. This event will have political consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I was in Europe last week and felt so much safer walking back to the hotel late into the evening - but then it was a non-EU country that it’s nigh on impossible to get into unless you have more than one permit, money, a job and language skills.

No hordes of mediaeval filth swarming by and attacking places of worship. Sky News playing it down - part of the problem them.

Advertisement