Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Champion of Champions - 2nd-8th November on ITV4

Options

Comments

Why does this Radzi lad have to introduce the two players back from the mid session interval? This hss never been done before and what is the need for it?

Probably something to do with the 'fake clapping' - I guess. A prompt perhaps, to make the applause seem more natural?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Surely not a whitewash for the World Num 1 tonight? Allen is in total control.

Surely not a whitewash for the World Num tonight? Allen is in total control.

It's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't see Trump coming back from this. Very disappointing match after last night.

Mark Allen's jabby little cue action might not be the prettiest on the eye but it sure is efficient.

• Advertisement

chance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Allen goes through 6-1. Pretty poor match, it has to be said.

Enjoyable if you wanted the Irishman to win :)

Kind of like after the lord mayor's show after what last night served up. Still though hats off to Mark Allen and makes for an interesting final. Didn't Allen beat Robbo quite a few times in a row not so long ago? He will fancy his chances, bigtime. I do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Mark Allen's jabby little cue action might not be the prettiest on the eye but it sure is efficient.

McManus was spot on saying lightening fast tables really suit his style.

Looked it up Allen beat Robertson 10-5 in the International Championship 2018.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Was listening to Mark Allen's post match interview where he said something about beating 'O Sullivan' in the semi final. First time i ever heard Allen not call him Ronnie. Only a minor thing but i thought Mark must still be a little angry about it. Looks like their little spat wasn't resolved post match.

I thought Allen had the edge over Robbo in recent times. Just checked and Robbo won their most recent clash but Mark won six matches on the spin prior to that.

Was thinking "Will I go for Robbo -2.5 , or -3.5?" :)

Read the last few posts, and convinced now an Allen win at 7/5 the way to go :pac:

Starting in a few mins I think. Plenty of Gaelic on TV as well: Rosc - Mayo on RTE 2 shortly, and Cork v Kerry after - a feast or a famine. :o

Hopefully there'll be plenty of entertainment/ plenty to play for come the evening sesh; when things quieten down.

Was thinking "Will I go for Robbo -2.5 , or -3.5?" :)

Read the last few posts, and convinced now an Allen win at 7/5 the way to go :pac:

Starting in a few mins I think. Plenty of Gaelic on TV as well: Rosc - Mayo on RTE 2 shortly, and Cork v Kerry after - a feast or a famine. :o

Hopefully there'll be plenty of entertainment/ plenty to play for come the evening sesh; when things quieten down.

You're right. So much good sport on today. I've already mapped out my schedule.

Now - Celtic game

13.30 Roscommon v Mayo

16.00 1st half Cork v Kerry. Will record 2nd half and won't get result.

16.30 City v Liverpool

18.30 2nd half Cork v Kerry

19.00 Champion of Champions Final

21.30 Record Sunday Game (watch tomorrow)

What a day!

Fair play Chalk - some good planning, and sacrifice went into that schedule :D

Could easily go pear-shaped if ya 'inadvertently' hear a current score. Hope ya miss out on them annoying "Feeds/notifications" :)

Fair play Chalk - some good planning, and sacrifice went into that schedule :D

Could easily go pear-shaped if ya 'inadvertently' hear a current score. Hope ya miss out on them annoying "Feeds/notifications" :)

Ha just a bit of discipline needed. Phone and radio will go offat start of Liverpool game. Wont be turned back on until watch recorded 2nd half of Cork v Kerry. Myworry is Kerry could be out of sight at ht in that game, though and the result not in doubt. Either way a great days sport!

Good frame from Robbo - century in the second.

1-1 so far, final shaping up nicely.

Now, over to RTE2 for Connacht C'ship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Keep an eye on Shane and Padraig in the golf too.

Glad I don't have Sky Sports - too much choice, today anyway.

Back to back centuries brings Robbo level at 4-4.Only caught glimpses of it. One more frame in this session.

• Advertisement

Centuries in each of the last 3 frames, shaping up nicely for tonight.

5-4 to the Irishman.

First frame tonight - Robbo makes 40 odd, doing the 'donkey work' - potted 6 reds - went into bunch - good split but not great position - goes for a red to middle - misses - leaves Allen in - currently 44 apiece - 3 reds left - straightforward enough from here - rest out - gets the red - looking good.

2 reds left now - should really finish it from here - reds gone - pots pink - on colours - fantastic clearance. Misses unimportant black.

Now 6-4.

Better than the poor televised Gaa fare :)

Could be deja vous all over again - good split, but no real position - fouls, going in off.

29 - 4 to Robbo. Allen misses red from baulk - the Aussie back in - gets some luck with that split.

A good chance here to reduce the deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Allen is a man on mission in this tournament

Right, time for some snooker. Some day of sport to be fair. Kerry beaten. A chinese on the way. And an Irishman looking good to be the Champion of Champions. Sweet.

That long red couldn't have gone more in the middle of the pocket if he tried. Mark Allen is looking strong.

7-5 to Allen.

The frequency of players playing on for snookers when the frame appears a lost cause seems higher than usual in this comp than previous ones.

Noticed it plenty this week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Do all the hard work to screw the yellow out. And then go and miss it.

Allen won't enjoy his cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Crucial 13th frame there. The heavy scoring is great to watch but you can’t beat a few missed balls to create some drama. This could go right to the wire.

Advertisement