Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Champion of Champions - 2nd-8th November on ITV4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Some black to finish it off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Hard to see anyone beating Trump when he's playing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

One Trump that's going to be around for four more years for sure!

Wilson in great form tonight. I didn't expect him to be 4-0 up against Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Wilson bottling it here, that red he missed was a shocker. About to go 4-3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

story with selbys shoes?

the length of em?

is it tactical a decision to keep one foot touching the ground more easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

what a jammy shot by wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

what a jammy shot by wilson

Some fluke, but misses frame winning black after poor positional shot on the pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Wilson nicks the frame to lead 5-3

Some fluke for Wilson coming out of the snooker

• Advertisement

is it tactical a decision to keep one foot touching the ground more easily?

Would be such a Selby thing to do.

You'd miss Clive commentating for ITV at this tournament. Hopefully he gets a chance to come back again.

I’m gonna do a Stephen Hendry and predict that Kyren Wilson cannot win this match.

Great shot by Wilson to get onto that red but he fails to take advantage of it.

Very good comeback by Selby over the course of a long, arduous match.

Yeah, Wilson was poor but Selby played well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Didn't see any snooker yesterday but reading posts on here and i see Selby does it again! That man doesn't know when he's beaten. What a rock solid temperament.

He's won his last 10 ranking event finals beating John Higgins twice, Ronnie, Williams and Ding amongst others. Like him or loathe him Mark Selby is withouta doubt one of snookers greats.

Let's not forget he'd probably be the World Champion if it wasn't for one of, if not the most, outragous performances from Ronnie back in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Didn't see any snooker yesterday but reading posts on here and i see Selby does it again! That man doesn't know when he's beaten. What a rock solid temperament.

He's won his last 10 ranking event finals beating John Higgins twice, Ronnie, Williams and Ding amongst others. Like him or loathe him Mark Selby is withouta doubt one of snookers greats.

No question. But a horrible player to watch and a total charisma free zone aswell.

Ronnie has lost a heap of weight since going back to the running.

• Advertisement

It was a gripping encounter alright - almost 5 hrs worth :pac:

6 nil to the jester in head to heads I believe... He has the 'Indian Sign' over the Warrior..

Expect Robbo to beat Mark though. The Aussie won't be as hapless (I think it's fair to say Wilson was - that pink :eek: )

No century break in last night's match either - doesn't bode well for Mark 'going forward'.

Hon the Rocket - you'd have to fear for Holty.

Holt has had some success against Ronnie recently. He's won their last three meetings and four of last five. And raced into a 1-0 lead here knocking in a nice ton while doing so. Hard to believe it but Ronnie might be a little sick at the sight of Holty at this stage :)

Holt doing well here.

One more thing on last night's match - I thought (other's might disagree, or think it's an exaggeration) it was bang out of order that new 'mc' introducing Selby as having the second best cue action in his household . Some might think it innocuous enough, but, for me, no such embarrassing/ family references should be made. His missus aint exactly a household name.

I suppose he was told to say that, but even so.. :o

Holt doing well here.

One more thing on last night's match - I thought (other's might disagree, or think it's an exaggeration) it was bang out of order that new 'mc' introducing Selby as having the second best cue action in his household . Some might think it innocuous enough, but, for me, no such embarrassing/ family references should be made. His missus aint exactly a household name.

I suppose he was told to say that, but even so.. :o

He's only after introducing Ronnie by saying ' we call him Tina Turner because he's simply the best'. Can somebody tell him to put a sock in it. It's absolute drivel.

That was a tasty red from Ron..

Trump-Selby-Ronnie-Robertson would be some semifinal lineup!

That black was Jimmy White-esque.. Saw James miss a couple like that - except that one by Ron was unimportant.

Nice to have a bit of rocket with your lunch. He made mince meat of Holty in the end.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Ronnie has lost a heap of weight since going back to the running.

Was out of the room for a few mins.. Came back in, and Ronnie was clearing up (back to the camera) - thought it was Holt for a sec.

Vintage O'Sullivan performance there. A treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sublime from Ronnie today. Does he play Allen tonight?

Advertisement