Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Champion of Champions - 2nd-8th November on ITV4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

For gods sake just as one of the best best of 11 matches ever goes into a decider my channel says service not available. Typical Virgin Media. I'll follow on here instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That pot success rate is amazing.

Robbo misses long red. No real damage done.

Nowt potted yet. Safety bout currently - possible pot for Mark though, it's tight - got it. No easy colour, Mark thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For gods sake just as one of the best best of 11 matches ever goes into a decider my channel says service not available. Typical Virgin Media. I'll follow on here instead.

Cagey enough frame so far Selby in first with 1 red, playing safe now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Selby made a balls of the safety hit knuckle of middle pocket.

Has making of cagey frame still, pink tied up black on green spot, and a few awkward reds near black spot and cushion. Blue near yellow pocket.
    Robbo playing safe on 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

After all the heavy scoring a tense, black ball decider would be a nice way to finish.

Bad safety, chance for Neil. Gets red, great cannon on red under black- good on black - thinking, looks good chance. Black goes in. A few points available. Reds not 'perfect' for a sizeable break. Long red to green pocket - for possy on blue - overhits, going for yellow. Long way to go yet. Upcoming red not a gimme, rest job - in it goes. No man's land - white just below blue, about 2 inches under. More later, looks like he's playing safe. 12 - 1 to the Aussie, moderate safety; white in baulk.

Selby 'misses' - no damage done. Safety from Robbo - Seby in baulk.

22-1 now Neil ahead, 9 reds left. Safety ongoing. Blue on cush about a foot from yellow pocket. Will take some winning - reds not perfect should someone get in.

• Advertisement

22-1 now Neil ahead, 9 reds left. Safety ongoing. Blue on cush about a foot from yellow pocket. Will take some winning - reds not perfect should someone get in.

This frame could be an hour long the way it is set.

Selby goes 'in off' - Neil misses - red careers into bunch of 6 or so - trickier now - 2 reds close to black cush - Neil to play - what a safety (lucky!) - lands behind black, which is on yellow spot. Not looking good for Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Phil Yates is a buffoon...

Selby is struggling to escape from behind the black on the green spot.

Selby misses - No chance for Robbo - puts Mark back - he's trying for the bunch of 4 beside pink - excellent escape. Anyone's game, but Neil has a healthy 30-1 lead.

Neil back in with an easy red which was in baulk area. Looking about 1/7 to win from here.

Robbo in 30 up 4/5 free reds now going for black in baulk.

Phil Yates is a buffoon...

I can easily imagine Hendry rolling his eyes at some of his quips.

Looks like Robertson should win it from here.

50 -1 . 5 reds left.

• Advertisement

Not quite over. Looks over now, good pink to right centre. Yep, that's it.

Robertston wins on a 40 plus break now

6-5.

The match turned out even better than I expected. Let's hope we have another cracker tomorrow night.

Selby did not get the run of the balls in that last frame, in fairness to him.

Nearly identical on stats. Robbo shaded it on pot success 94-91, and safety 65-58 iirc :pac: Can't rewind.

Average shot time 23s apiece - am sure on that 1 :)

I enjoyed watching the opening 10 frames and then i enjoyed reading the decider on here. Just before my tv went a little stir crazy i heard Phil Yates say the match was in his top 10 he's ever seen (not sure if he said best of 11's) and Hendry said he can't remember a better best of 11 match.

The standard from both players was off the richter scale. Only a couple of weeks ago Trump and Robbo served up a 9-8 classic English Open final. And Robertson beat Trump 10-9 in the Champion of Champions final last year. Could we get another great final between them or will Mark Allen have something to say about that?

Looking very bad for Trump so far as he's 4-0 down at the interval.

Just caught the last two frames. Judd in big trouble here. Hendry pointing out he saw Judd laughing anfd joking with someone before the match and thinks you cannot be in thatframe of mind before a big semi final. Shows you the mentality Hendry had back in his prime. He was a stone cold, merciless killing machine that never showed any weakness. I like hearing his thoughts as a pundit.

• Advertisement

Why does this Radzi lad have to introduce the two players back from the mid session interval? This hss never been done before and what is the need for it?

Advertisement