Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Labour's Corbyn suspended for reaction to anti-semitism report

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

LP in a tough spot generally...a hostage to the identity politics crowd who their traditional voter base has no time for. Would they not be better off going to the Lib Dems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

LP in a tough spot generally...a hostage to the identity politics crowd who their traditional voter base has no time for. Would they not be better off going to the Lib Dems?

Ya...looks like their methods of electing candidates over the last 10-15 years has truly backfired on them and will do for some time to come...take a look at what demographic voted for them in the last election in the greatest numbers....the under 30s and Muslim....one group believe in multi genders and the other, well, don't, they do share a hatred of one group though....

Identity politics is a scourge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,174 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ya...looks like their methods of electing candidates over the last 10-15 years has truly backfired on them and will do for some time to come...take a look at what demographic voted for them in the last election in the greatest numbers....the under 30s and Muslim....one group believe in multi genders and the other, well, don't, they do share a hatred of one group though....

Identity politics is a scourge.

it is, but while it exists across the board, then you will see the likes of borris in power unless like the US, they have an awakening and a reality check.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Lib Dems don't exist in any meaningful way in most of England.

You'd have to suspect that when the arrogant snobs have finished Labour, that they will migrate to the Lib Dems.

I think Labour is finished. It's hard to think of any capable MPs they have, while many of their most prominent are truly bizarre at times.

One of the basic reasons Labour died in Scotland was the amount of abuse and insult they heaped on the doorstep of Life long voters who said they were backing independence.

The merits of that cause aside. Labour must realize that you can't go canvassing and scream at people on their own fooking door step.

You can't talk and act like you have a profound contempt for your own voters.

Snobbery has killed the left across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Danzy wrote: »

You'd have to suspect that when the arrogant snobs have finished Labour, that they will migrate to the Lib Dems.

I think Labour is finished. It's hard to think of any capable MPs they have, while many of their most prominent are truly bizarre at times.

One of the basic reasons Labour died in Scotland was the amount of abuse and insult they heaped on the doorstep of Life long voters who said they were backing independence.

The merits of that cause aside. Labour must realize that you can't go canvassing and scream at people on their own fooking door step.

You got it in one, Danzy.

The Progressive Left actively despise the "Working Class", but need their votes.

Danzy wrote: »

well, it seems to be going perfectly well for the tories as a strategy, contempt for the same voters yet get a land slide.
    so obviously snobbery and any of the other issues that are claimed as reasons for not voting for labour or whatever other party aren't really that much of an issue given people are ultimately happy to vote for a party that has the same issues and more.
    europe is mostly a centrist model of government, only a couple of countries falling to hard right types and apart from perhapse the uk which is going through an identity crisis, it's just a phase as the hard right always show their true colors in the end.

The Progressive Left actively despise the "Working Class", but need their votes.

funnily enough, the progressive left aren't the only left available.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

This is it, and you can see it in their words,

Any discussion of migration : “id rather live next to a <minority> than a <favourite slur for working class>

This is it, and you can see it in their words,

Any discussion of migration : “id rather live next to a <minority> than a <favourite slur for working class>

pot kettle in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

They are the ones vocally and visibly driving the narrative of most Western Left Wing parties/movements, EOTR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Please tell me who they are so i can vote for them

• Advertisement

They are the ones vocally and visibly driving the narrative of most Western Left Wing parties/movements, EOTR.

and most people in ireland and even europe agree with most parts of that narrative hence most of europe having a centre or near the centre government.

as i said, there is a reason why only a couple of countries have fallen for the snake oil being sold by the hard right, because they generally show their true colors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

and most people in ireland and even europe agree with most parts of that narrative hence most of europe having a centre or near the centre government.

as i said, there is a reason why only a couple of countries have fallen for the snake oil being sold by the hard right, because they generally show their true colors.

The far left and right are both equally full of lies and danger, ireland only has centre/ centre left leaning governments for decades now, the 2004 referendum was the last right of centre thing our nation did.

Ireland needs a moderate right party

The far left and right are both equally full of lies and danger, ireland only has centre/ centre left leaning governments for decades now, the 2004 referendum was the last right of centre thing our nation did.

clearly it doesn't as otherwise one would have been set up and voted in.
    it hasn't, so obviously not enough demand for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

clearly it doesn't as otherwise one would have been set up and voted in.
    it hasn't, so obviously not enough demand for one.

Yeah whether that it is a good or bad thing is a debate for another day, but we are very much a centre left type nation.

Their is not enough demand for a PD type party at the moment with the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Would you ever go and create this much needed party already.

If it if in any way needed or as potentially popular as you believe then you’ll have no problem attracting candidates and voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can we get Corbyn and Stramer up in the ring?
    I bet Corbyn would win, Starmer doesn't have a clue about boxing.

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1388521276256497674?s=20

biko wrote: »

That's rough.

The Tories will deduct the cost of that from their own party budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He's stepping on 60 but still, thats like watching someone whos had a stroke going through physical therapy to regain coordination.

A fella who catalogued Jezzas antiseimitic links, havent fact checked it

I thought a lot of the antisemitism accusations were just opportunistic attacks but jesus this makes grim reading

https://areomagazine.com/2018/08/16/anti-semitism-the-case-against-corbyn-and-the-labour-party/

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

I thought a lot of the antisemitism accusations were just opportunistic attacks but jesus this makes grim reading

https://areomagazine.com/2018/08/16/anti-semitism-the-case-against-corbyn-and-the-labour-party/

His enemies often ran with things, and there was some ludicrous accusations but there was no shortage of raw Jew baiting and hate as well.

that would be similar to borris johnson's links to islamaphobia because of him being leader of the tory party which has islamaphobes.
    granted in the case of borris there is demonstrable evidence that he is himself islamaphobic or at least was, given he has made islamaphobic comments.
    corbyn on the other hand, there is not a single solitary piece of evidence to show he himself is anti-semetic, and realistically all that is contained in the article you posted is that a few individuals engaged in anti-semitism.
    they shouldn't have and were rightly suspended but it is absolutely the case that the alt right and others with certain incidious agendas jumped on this and pretended to care about anti-cemitism to push their own agenda.
    mainly to insure that there would be no labour government so as to insure brexit absolutely happened at any cost.
    even some of the stuff in the article that is claimed as anti-semitism isn't so in reality, but is more of the usual whinging because israel gets called out for it's actions.

that would be similar to borris johnson's links to islamaphobia because of him being leader of the tory party which has islamaphobes.
    granted in the case of borris there is demonstrable evidence that he is himself islamaphobic or at least was, given he has made islamaphobic comments.
    corbyn on the other hand, there is not a single solitary piece of evidence to show he himself is anti-semetic, and realistically all that is contained in the article you posted is that a few individuals engaged in anti-semitism.
    they shouldn't have and were rightly suspended but it is absolutely the case that the alt right and others with certain incidious agendas jumped on this and pretended to care about anti-cemitism to push their own agenda.
    mainly to insure that there would be no labour government so as to insure brexit absolutely happened at any cost.
    even some of the stuff in the article that is claimed as anti-semitism isn't so in reality, but is more of the usual whinging because israel gets called out for it's actions.

Rather than wade in to go "but...boris...but" have a read of the article, it's fairly comprehensive about Corbyns links to holocaust deniers. Most people can spot the difference between having a pop at Israel and antisemitism but apparently Corbyn never could.

Then maybe start a thread about Boris and Islamaphobia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Throughout the Corbyn period, Jews were often asked why they were making such a fuss about all this: after all, Labour was hardly about to whip up pogroms.
    wow high standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Rather than wade in to go "but...boris...but" have a read of the article, it's fairly comprehensive about Corbyns links to holocaust deniers. Most people can spot the difference between having a pop at Israel and antisemitism but apparently Corbyn never could.

I have no issue with raising the problem the Tory party has with Islam and partic Boris. He has dehumanized muslims multiple times.

And the tory party were noticeably cold for grenfell tower which had a number of muslim residents.

That is a totally separate issue though from Corbyn and his inability to recognize anti semitism.

The failure of the tories to recognize islamaphobia imo is why most of their voters vote for them.

The tories themselves mix with some very anti semitic types.

Its a problem for all in politics.

Both sides need to recognize it.

i have read it hence my point.
    it's not really comprehensive at all, the links really amount to liking pages and sharing platforms with people, which if we were to take it to it's conclusion, we all have a link to the odd unsavery person because we have shared some sort of platform with them or agreed with the odd point they make.
    boards being the platform for example.
    corbyn very much knew the difference between anti-semitism and criticising israel, that was the problem, and you are right that most of us are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

i have read it hence my point.
    it's not really comprehensive at all, the links really amount to liking pages and sharing platforms with people, which if we were to take it to it's conclusion, we all have a link to the odd unsavery person because we have shared some sort of platform with them or agreed with the odd point we make.
    boards being the platform for example.

corbyn very much knew the difference between anti-semitism and criticising israel, that was the problem, and you are right that most of us are the same.

Get up the yard with BS like that

https://twitter.com/lucianaberger/status/977183210051338241/photo/1

About as blatantly anti-semitic as you can get, but Jezza was still happy to defend it.

Corbyn's problem was exactly the same as his cult-like followers - he was happy to turn a blind eye to anti-semitism once the perpetrators were from his own side of the party.

blackwhite wrote: »
    Get up the yard with BS like that

https://twitter.com/lucianaberger/status/977183210051338241/photo/1

About as blatantly anti-semitic as you can get, but Jezza was still happy to defend it.

Corbyn's problem was exactly the same as his cult-like followers - he was happy to turn a blind eye to anti-semitism once the perpetrators were from his own side of the party.

corbyn's problem was that he was going to put an end to a lot of taxpayer funded gravy trains and that could not have been allowed to happen.
    he didn't turn a blind eye to anti-semitism, he implemented the most comprehensive anti-semitism procedures ever implemented by a party to deal with the issue.
    it was those from the opposite side of the party who did all they could to try and stifle attempts to deal with the problem, yet corbyn managed to mostly deal with it.

I read as far as Jackie Walker the “Holocaust denier” and then did some research on what she actually said. It’s in her wiki page.

Wasn’t convinced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Looks like the Labour Party has more problems then just rampant anti semitism....

I love watching a political party that should never have succumb to radical politics or gender quotas (whichever came first)get what it deserves....

This won't be the only political party that is in for a rough couple of years!!!

Looks like the Labour Party has more problems then just rampant anti semitism....

I love watching a political party that should never have succumb to radical politics or gender quotas (whichever came first)get what it deserves....

This won't be the only political party that is in for a rough couple of years!!!

Not liking your voter base is quite a problem.

Khalid Mahmood resigned from the shadow Cabinet in protest of the woke snobs taking over the party.

• Advertisement
Advertisement