Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

Story still has traction nearly three months on, validated by a national broadsheet picking up the thread. Those who haughtily expected this to fade away within a week left crimson-faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

if you think people are bullying you then report the posts.

That is not what it's about, the rhetoric is not good for politics.

McMurphy wrote: »
    "Bullies", can you please explain that one? How does one come across as a bully because they're discussing feckin corruption and politicians misleading the Dail FFS?

What next?

Xenophobic, sectarian homophobic accusations?

If you have a counter argument, get it out there and discuss, it's better than bully accusations for Christ sake.

A factual evidence-based,policy-based unemotive counterpoint you mean. I know it's social media and that does play a part that is why posters get a slight pass but only a slight pass.

mariaalice wrote: »

What exactly is "good for politics"? You come across as trying to direct the narrative here, and crying foul when others don't fall in line. Welcome to boards, a forum where opinions are exchanged. Including those contrary to your own.

mariaalice wrote: »

And varadkar getting a vote of confidence for handing out confidential documents to his mates,lying to dail about it ...is good,how?

• Advertisement

I know politics in Ireland is adversarial and that is fair enough as it goes, but its no a form of Sledging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Still swinging in the wind lads.....

No one cares too much about this story anymore.

Dobbo chewed him up and spat him out!

Correct.

Pearse made a fool of himself and will not be able to make much mustard out of this non-issue.

The latest big revelation is that Leo got the document from his health advisor (who requested it from the Dept. of Health) while in the Dail he said, he got the document from the Dept. of Health...

Yes, that's it... a nonsense story.

The latest big revelation is that Leo got the document from his health advisor (who requested it from the Dept. of Health) while in the Dail he said, he got the document from the Dept. of Health...

Given he's now changed his story 4 times,would it not be v.questionable to believe this blindly?

The man also orginally claimed,he requested the document a 2nd as he wanted to read it again....(this is on dail record from his orginal Q & A)

What wicked web he's weaved,as he practiced to decieve....think they should a tribunal to get to the truth,with 15 year jail for anyone found to be lying to it

Zero responsibility shown by ruling class here as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

markodaly wrote: »
    Correct.

Pearse made a fool of himself and will not be able to make much mustard out of this non-issue.

Do you think that Leo has been honest throughout this with the public and the Dail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The Mount St brigade have been forced out to bat again, becoming a regular occurrence now

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

Pearse himself just explained why this is a non story.

The document was provided to a "disfunctional" organisation which subsequently "imploded within a few days".

NAGP no longer exist and according to another journalist, U can't remember who, said they were aware that NAGP were at nothing so providing them this document was pointless...

mikep wrote: »
    Pearse himself just explained why this is a non story.

The document was provided to a "disfunctional" organisation which subsequently "imploded within a few days".

NAGP no longer exist and according to another journalist, U can't remember who, said they were aware that NAGP were at nothing so providing them this document was pointless...

This makes leaking confidential documents,ok....how?

Does that not sorta beg the question WHY DID VARADKAR BOTHER GIVING A CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENT to his buddy in the first place.

It was neither confidential nor leaked.

You know when CONFIDENTIAL is emblazoned across a document

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Missed this

• Registered Users Posts: 67,247 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Varadkar admitted to leaking it.

When asked had he 'ever LEAKED something before', he answered; 'not of this nature'.

He leaked it, and he confessed to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,281 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    You know when CONFIDENTIAL is emblazoned across a document

If I could watermark my posts with CONFIDENTIAL, I would, just to show how pointless emblazoning CONFIDENTIAL is.

What wicked web he's weaved,as he practiced to decieve....think they should a tribunal to get to the truth,with 15 year jail for anyone found to be lying to it

:rolleyes::D

A tribunal for what exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Try telling that to Simon Harris now in the cold light of day. He was left blowing like a fart in the wind when he asked for it.

And him the health minister at the time*.

*Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

I never said it's ok
    I do think it's been blown out of proportion, I've seen it described as corruption.. can't see how that fits.

There are way bigger issues in this country that need to be addressed..

I never said it's ok
    I do think it's been blown out of proportion, I've seen it described as corruption.. can't see how that fits.

There are 'other' issues to be dealt with...as there always are. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Varadkar admitted to leaking it.

When asked had he 'ever LEAKED something before', he answered; 'not of this nature'.

He leaked it, and he confessed to it.

It wasn’t confidential as it was in the public domain.
    SF got roasted the last time they thought there was something in this story. Why are they doing it again?
    It just seems like a stupid party decision.

It wasn’t confidential as it was in the public domain.
    SF got roasted the last time they thought there was something in this story. Why are they doing it again?
    It just seems like a stupid party decision.

Where did they get 'roasted'? In the heads of FG diehards maybe. Certainly not in any polls, which is allctually have to go on.

You LEAK information you are not supposed to, that is the very definition of a LEAK. He confessed to leaking the document. Read the Dáil transcript when he was asked had he 'LEAKED' information before and he answered, 'not of this nature'. Meaning he was claiming this was the FIRST time he had leaked info of this scale of confidentiality/secrecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,869 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hmmm, yeah lets look at Varadkars motivation.

As a Doctor himself he knew well the realities of the fractured representative situation in the GP cohort. As Taoiseach he felt he could do something to bang some heads together and get a deal to benefit the health service and patients over the line and move on to the next problem.

If the shinnerbots believe this was about Leo giving it the full 'I'm billy big balls', then they need to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I never said it's ok

There's bigger issues in the country, but what does that mean in reality?

The country can only deal with one issue at a time is it?

Are they bigger than the then Taoiseach of the country, leaking confidential information to his pal, and lying about it in the Dail, and now, care of FOI documents, he's gotten Simon Harris dragged into it?

Can you remember why Frances Fitzgerald resigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Where did they get 'roasted'? In the heads of FG diehards maybe. Certainly not in any polls, which is allctually have to go on.

Ah come on.
    It ended up anon story, they believed the Village and that backfired. Now this?
    You’re a clever person and a SF person, so I imagine you must be thinking ah not again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fann Linn wrote: »
    News on One now Brenners. And there was lads only saying a few hours ago it was just the twitterati!

Matt Cooper will be talking about it on The Last Word this afternoon too. Seems to be gaining traction, no matter what Pintman Paddy says.

• Advertisement

Ah come on.
    It ended up anon story, they believed the Village and that backfired. Now this?
    You’re a clever person and a SF person, so I imagine you must be thinking ah not again.

Ah come on yourself...it is still making the primetime news story's, Varadkar has been trending in one form or another for two days and was not knocked off even by events in America.

Some 'non' story in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement