Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

In fairness lad considering the amount of posts from you on the topic I would suggest you avail of your own advice.
    Irony.

When was my last post before the last few?

Haven't been here all day unlike some who are posting every few mins since 9am.

Such a waste.

If the story was Trump leaking stuff to a busty blonde 29yo friend he “admired”, there wouldn’t be a whiff of heterophobia. If the shoe fits.

I'd tend to agree there's entirely a whiff of homophobia about the remark. This story is entirely about a politician being more machiavellian and it royally backfiring on him. His sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

There is a lot of Twitter links been posted here and I am not sure Twitter is a reliable source for information.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I wonder did Simon Coveneys ears just prick up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

There is a lot of Twitter links been posted here and I am not sure Twitter is a reliable source for information.

Gavin Reilly, Daniel McConnell, Oireachtais TV.,....

I don't know what's the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1322594668291514369

I hate to say I told ye so ;)

"The EXCEPTION to the rule is for holders of public office (from which Ministers and Taoisigh are excluded - so excluding Mr Varadkar from the exception not the rule)."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Welcome to 2020.

I’m sure you can hold off till tomorrow and pick up the Sunday paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1322594668291514369

I hate to say I told ye so ;)

"The EXCEPTION to the rule is for holders of public office (from which Ministers and Taoisigh are excluded - so excluding Mr Varadkar from the exception not the rule)."

The village magazine saying it makes it true? I hope you are joking with that trail of thought.

Their statement looks childish with the fully capitalised words. Not a good look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,113 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Leo confident he can see through this scandal. FF will be hoping he is removed.

He isn't a team player anyway, likely there will be relief in the government if he resigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Not the lead story on the RTE 6.1, but the main story on the website.
    Odd.

Not the lead story on the RTE 6.1, but the main story on the website.
    Odd.

Yeah their trying to hide it from us.

RTE is the only way of people finding out things still.

It's a conspiracy i tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'd tend to agree there's entirely a whiff of homophobia about the remark. This story is entirely about a politician being more machiavellian and it royally backfiring on him. His sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

He leaked documents that weren't public knowledge, he should resign. Simple as. I don't want it dragging on like Phil Hogan who was hounded out of a job for a minor offence. This is not minor, its a resigning matter and nothing more. He needs to do the right thing, even his not best practice quote admits wrong doing. Go for the sake of the government or let SF into office and let that be yuor legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Message is very clear:

If you're gay (even if you're not) then contact Leo & Matt, befriend them, and access to confidential government documents will be sent by courier to your house.

Who knows?

They might even invite you to a topless drinking of cans in the Phoenix Park.

Nonsense.

You think his sexual orientation is important here?

If he was a straight man would you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,169 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

golfball37 wrote: »
    He leaked documents that weren't public knowledge, he should resign. Simple as. I don't want it dragging on like Phil Hogan who was hounded out of a job for a minor offence. This is not minor, its a resigning matter and nothing more. He needs to do the right thing, even his not best practice quote admits wrong doing. Go for the sake of the government or let SF into office

They'll drag this out to the death.
    Varadkar going down in a blaze of sleaze and corruption as the country's most popular leader...ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

More homophobic jokes.

You lads seriously belong in the last century.

Woah,wheres the homophobia in my joke of our Taosaigh whoring himself to vested interests and using tax payers money to HAND of these confidential documents.

You are fairly floundering when you are trying to use some sort of made up homophobia card to excuse your hero and its actually pretty disgusting that you try and use it while people are genuinely suffering from homophobic bullying and violence.

Yeah their trying to hide it from us.

RTE is the only way of people finding out things still.

It's a conspiracy i tell ya.

It's the primary news source for a significant portion of the population.

Message is very clear:

If you're gay (even if you're not) then contact Leo & Matt, befriend them, and access to confidential government documents will be sent by courier to your house.

Who knows?

They might even invite you to a topless drinking of cans in the Phoenix Park.

You seem to be obsessed with his sexuality based on your posts. Very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,113 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RTE says this is "politically hazordous" for Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Questions to be asked about this attitude to spreading internal documents to a personal friend by courier arranged by text message, by a politician who was on national television recently excoriating NPHET for leaking information. Hard to see how he comes out this without being, at the very least, a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

Did it feature at all on the six one news? Watching the hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Truthvader wrote: »
    Michael Smith?? A smug self regarding c**t of the first order.

Shoot the messenger.

tipptom wrote: »
    Woah,wheres the homophobia in my joke of our Taosaigh whoring himself to vested interests and using tax payers money to HAND of these confidential documents.

You are fairly floundering when you are trying to use some sort of made up homophobia card to excuse your hero and its actually pretty disgusting that you try and use it while people are genuinely suffering from homophobic bullying and violence.

Yeah hand jobs and him delivering a happy ending.

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I can't believe we're 32 pages in and the thread title still mangles Varadkar's name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

It's the primary news source for a significant portion of the population.

Without a doubt. 6 o clock news on rte is the main source of info for many above a certain vintage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

Donnelly is literally saying that the thing was agreed, should be shown to GPs, and pointing out that the flaw was in the fact that it hadnt as of that date been actually published. This wholly backs up the argument that there was no harm done.

Assuming Leo's explanations pass scrutiny, then it stands to reason that if anything at this point this is just a point scoring exercise against Leo by people who dont like him, using whatever whistleblower they could find. And what they've found is the lowest end moaner with a chip on his shoulder and blown it out of all proportion for political gain.

The Village is wildly anti-government, leftist garbage and they've fabricated or at least made a grievous error in regards one of the key pieces of "evidence".
    I can't believe we're 32 pages in and the thread title still mangles Varadkar's name.

I can't believe people are still on 15 posts per page :pac:
    Wish I could load more than 40

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Not called Leo the leak for nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Complete non-story as I mentioned earlier. ...All the usual lads fell for a bit of fake outrage again. Must be disappointing for you all to see it fizzle out. Word for the wise, men (always men).

Also, you didnt mention this being a "complete non story" earlier....maybe somebody else did.
    Ha! Only oddball men (always men) got worked up about that non issue. Ha!
    Watch this one fizzle out. Nothing to see here folks. Just a load of manufactured outrage over a a load of nonsense.

Jaysis lads, have ye dressed up as the Borg for Halloween?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement