Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More people believing Conspiracy theories

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

And 12% said they would not.

With a very significant % ‘on the fence’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

growleaves wrote: »
    Er the article says that you'd have to share your house with strangers all the time

"My living room is used for business meetings when I am not there."

What if you have children ? The person who has been reduced to slavery in this scenario says "All in all, it is a good life" and the headline says "Life has never been better."

It is sick.

That it was a hypothetical thought experiment by a Danish MP helps to answer the question in the OP: more people perceive that the powerful (in media/the government/officials) are not trustworthy. Social trust in institutions and authority is taking a nosedive.

Again, you're wildly misinterpreting the article. Take this for example:
    Once in awhile I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. No where I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.

It's painfully obvious that the point the author is trying to make is that with the way technology is heading, people could end up in this kind of world oblivious to the downsides. They very, very explicitly state that this is not where they want to end up, but just an exploration of what could happen and it's therefore worth considering the implications of it before it does.

quokula wrote: »
    Any vaccine that makes it to market will have been trialled on at least 30,000 people and confirmed to have no major side effects. If those 30,000 people get covid instead, many of them will have major side effects including death.

The process has been sped up by throwing more resources and more volunteer test subjects at it, not by cutting corners. Regulators in Europe at least are extremely strict, and no pharma company would want to leave themselves open to litigation if they cut any corner either.

We’ll see. I’m sure the makers of Thalidomide would have claimed not to have cut corners, I’m sure.

You have no concerns that shortening the release cycle means reducing the ability to identify side effects that may not become immediately obvious?

Anyone who trusts any of the vaccine that has any Chinese involvement needs their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Supposedly we're going to be the guinea pigs lol
    Ireland love being the first for everything.
    Cowtouing to the elites I'm told.

Another funny one is there's a meteor going to land between Ireland and Wales lol
    So in order for no panic they decided to lock us all in.

Two bird's with the one stone huh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

With a very significant % ‘on the fence’.

Some of them probably think the vaccine is going to implant a 5G microchip in their brain. Is that what you were thinking of when you said it might give you two heads?

• Advertisement

Some of them probably think the vaccine is going to implant a 5G microchip in their brain. Is that what you were thinking of when you said it might give you two heads?

You think you can laugh off ~38%?

I’m on the fence about whether I will get a Covid-19 vaccine. One of the pharmaceutical CEOs was on the radio saying it would usually take 10 years for a vaccine but we have done it in 9 months. What short cuts have you taken to do that? I don’t want to wake up one morning with two heads, thanks.

Also note that the pharmaceutical companies are pushing through legal indemnity against any side-effects as a result. They're essentially saying "you want us to forego long-term safety testing to rush through and mass produce this vax, so we can't be held responsible for anything that goes wrong". Which is a fair enough point.

There's a lot of debate in that thread underneath about what was actually said. Newsweek in 1991 are said to have published the quote, too.

How about these two straight from his own book 'Memoirs':

“Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal, working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists,' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.”

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9951.David_Rockefeller

Whatever anyway, the man can say what he wants :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭growleaves

Again, you're wildly misinterpreting the article. Take this for example:

It's painfully obvious that the point the author is trying to make is that with the way technology is heading, people could end up in this kind of world oblivious to the downsides. They very, very explicitly state that this is not where they want to end up, but just an exploration of what could happen and it's therefore worth considering the implications of it before it does.

Er no the disclaimer at the end is a lapse into soft-focus bureaucratic waffle about 'starting discussions'. The author says the piece is intended 'to start a discussion about some of the pros and cons of the current technological development'.

People do not drift into tenement life because of advances in technology. Nobody wants their children to have to share a living space with adult strangers. If somehow people are oblivious then that level of passivity suggests a kind of deep personal corruption.

In any case there's not much point in our arguing. The standard belief is that people who do not put their trust in officials, politicians and various media organs are stupid or insane. I don't see it that way obviously.

If those 30,000 people get covid instead, many of them will have major side effects including death.
    Fatality rate outside of the medically vulnerable and elderly is 0.03%. Hardly "many". Really bad flu at worst. Most others will be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms, as already been seen. Hence why nobody outside of those two groups actually need a vaccine.
    no pharma company would want to leave themselves open to litigation if they cut any corner either.

Pharmaceutical companies are already trying to push through legal indemnity for this, saying they can't be held responsible for vaccines that forego the usual long-term safety testing. Makes sense, as there's no way they can leave themselves accountable for something that hasn't had 5-10 years of testing. Would be financial suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The CIA have admitted that they secretly subverted democracy in Guatemala in the 1950s.

They admited they were funding and influencing most modernist art and literary magazines like the Paris Review. They admitted that Ernest Hemingway worked for the CIA. In other words, they are on record as having a hand in determining the direction of 20th century art, literature and culture as well as politics.

All conspiracy fact, not theory.

I think modern art is mostly cack. Does that mean I'm immune to CIA mind control?

🙈🙉🙊

Er the article says that you'd have to share your house with strangers all the time

"My living room is used for business meetings when I am not there."

What if you have children ? The person who has been reduced to slavery in this scenario says "All in all, it is a good life" and the headline says "Life has never been better."

It is sick.

That it was a hypothetical thought experiment by a Danish MP helps to answer the question in the OP: more people perceive that the powerful (in media/the government/officials) are not trustworthy. Social trust in institutions and authority is taking a nosedive.

And you can be sure as hell these politicians etc won't be availing of this 'shared living' nonsense. Remember Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy being called to resign after saying Irish people should be "excited" for shared-living :D

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30938255.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭growleaves

I think modern art is mostly cack. Does that mean I'm immune to CIA mind control?

Robert Hughes (art critic) said that only 300 people in Paris and New York like modern art.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

How about these two straight from his own book 'Memoirs':

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supernational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.” [/I]

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9951.David_Rockefeller

Whatever anyway, the man can say what he wants :pac:

That second quote (above) is not from his book Memoirs. It was allegedly said at a Bilderberg Group meeting in 1991, but there’s no original source and it’s not possible to verify that he said it.

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller

That’s two verifiably false quotes you’ve attributed to Rockefeller in this thread alone. All because you read them on some random site or Twitter post. You really should be much more critical of what you’re reading and believing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Any vaccine that makes it to market will have been trialled on at least 30,000 people and confirmed to have no major side effects. If those 30,000 people get covid instead, many of them will have major side effects including death.

The process has been sped up by throwing more resources and more volunteer test subjects at it, not by cutting corners. Regulators in Europe at least are extremely strict, and no pharma company would want to leave themselves open to litigation if they cut any corner either.

It has also been sped up due to the similarities between this and SARS. COVID 19 is called SARS COVID 2.

SARS vaccine was in development prior to funding being pulled as SARS burned itself out as it killed too quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

biko wrote: »
    With all the crap that's going on lately it's hard to say what's theory and what's real.
    It's gaslighting on a mass scale.

What is a lunatic conspiracy theory is that Covid 19 and the reaction to it is all part of some secret elite one-world government plan to implement it.
    What would something have to look like before you'd see it as one-world government. They've even called it "World Economic Forum". Other bodies - WHO, UN, IMF, etc - all one-world organisations.
    As to the 'secret, elite' part, this has been talked about since the 90s. It's never been secret. It may appear secret to people who don't look into things.

I had a great time recently winding some people up online. Some stuff they believe is absolutely ludicrous. I than sat back and thought f**k.is the MH situation so bad in this country that people who fall for this bs are able to go online and inflict more damage on themselves.

Who is looking after them?

I have come across the following theories

1. Covid 19 is spread through 5G masts
    2. Covid 19 is fake and was used as a cover to install "5G" masts
    3. 5G masts are fake and being installed by government to control our brains telepathically.
    4. Covid is made up so Bill Gates, who secretly controls all the government's in the world, can install microchips in us, in vaccine and control us.
    5. Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks are all in a secret club and eat babies to stay young. ( that's why Tom Hanks was Woody in Toy Story)
    6. Hillary Clinton runs a paedo ring as well as eating babies. Some say she has MM.

Am I the only one who is disturbed that people believe this ****

I had a great time recently winding some people up online. Some stuff they believe is absolutely ludicrous. I than sat back and thought f**k.is the MH situation so bad in this country that people who fall for this bs are able to go online and inflict more damage on themselves.

3. 5G masts are fake and being installed by government to control our brains telepathically.
    4. Covid is made up so Bill Gates, who secretly controls all the government's in the world, can install microchips in us, in vaccine and control us.
    5. Bill Gates, Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks are all in a secret club and eat babies to stay young. ( that's why Tom Hanks was Woody in Toy Story)
    6. Hillary Clinton runs a paedo ring as well as eating babies. Some say she has MM.

What is MM? Bill Clinton is clearly not eating babies (or is doing it wrong), he has aged terribly.

What is MM? Bill Clinton is clearly not eating babies (or is doing it wrong), he has aged terribly.

Madeleine Mcann is MM.

That is was i said about Bill Clinton. Seemingly they eat the babies glands to stay young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

eleventh wrote: »
    What would something have to look like before you'd see it as one-world government.

Eh, it would have to look like a government. Not a think tank or a conference or an NGO or a trade group or a bank or any of the other bogeymen the conspiracy nuts fear. And no, the WHO or the UN are not governments at all. Of course there’s global organisations - humans do sometimes work together. But to claim that any, some or all of them are an actual government that controls the world and is attempting to enslave mankind is paranoid lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

It's good to be a little bit paranoid. (Just a little:D)

Most people are a bit too cocky about what they think they know to be true/false in this life. We really know very little in the grand scheme of things. It's good to keep an open mind about different theories - without necessarily buying completely into them.

Everyone is afraid of getting paranoid. But it's not such a bad thing now and again. A little bit of paranoia can actually be healthy.

Look at the situation that we're confronted with. What this life actually is... We're on a giant blue ball that's spinning in space. And nobody really talks about it. Apparently it's quite normal and even mundane... we're going a thousand miles an hour, floating in the sky... above our heads is a giant fireball... a million times bigger than the earth.... and you need it for vitamin D.... if you stare at it you'll go blind... it's trying to give you cancer... and if it's not there you get really really sad.... that doesn't freak you out? You're not even a little bit disturbed by that? :pac: How weird this whole damn thing actually is? We're spinning in infinity.... and it never comes up in polite conversation? Infinity... something so huge, that it's impossible to measure it. And everything we ever do, is repeated an infinite amount of times somewhere else in the universe at this exact moment.

If that doesn't freak you out and make you at least a little bit paranoid, and question sh!t... well maybe you're just comfortably numb to this life. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I have a sister in law who would swear on her mother's grave that number 4 is true and if you dare try and question her she gets quite angry in her responses,I actually feel sorry for her

Madeleine Mcann is MM.

That is was i said about Bill Clinton. Seemingly they eat the babies glands to stay young.

Maybe the ones Bill Clinton ate had Benjamin Button syndrome.

Eh, it would have to look like a government.
    What does a government look like? Describe it.

We’ll see. I’m sure the makers of Thalidomide would have claimed not to have cut corners, I’m sure.

You have no concerns that shortening the release cycle means reducing the ability to identify side effects that may not become immediately obvious?

Anyone who trusts any of the vaccine that has any Chinese involvement needs their head examined.

Thalidomide was 70 years ago. Huge scientific advancements and developments have come into place since. We have even landed men on the moon since it was in development.

That vaccine that we will most likely be getting would be developed in Oxford in the UK, led by an Irish man. Does that make it feel any safer?

I have a sister in law who would swear on her mother's grave that number 4 is true and if you dare try and question her she gets quite angry in her responses,I actually feel sorry for her

I'm not religious but God love her.
    Won't I look like a twit if she's right 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe the ones Bill Clinton ate had Benjamin Button syndrome.

Thanks i use that line next time I come across it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I'm not religious but God love her.
    Won't I look like a twit if she's right 🀣🀣🀣🀣

She is gone down the rabbit hole and there is no coming back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A lot of people are just idiots I've decided. Local facebook group someone asks how to get bad energy out of a house and there are replies up to around 100 from normal looking people with responses ranging from get a priest to something called sage smudging.

Advertisement