Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rainy start, overcast.. On couch with tea, painkillers and hot water bottle..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Rainy start, overcast.. On couch with tea, painkillers and hot water bottle..

Oh no Grem. You're not having any luck with the back, are you?

@NewRed, what were they proposing to do to you at the hospital?

Here, more hernia shenanigans this morning. Day centre zoom meeting about to start soon. Wonder will Grumpy win the bingo again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty well done!. :)

Thanks Grem! :)

Now just waiting on him to edit it all together, and trying not to panic over it! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kitty, his job, not your problem for now, suggested edits etc when he's finished

The pain is not really any better, switching meds tomorrow, long enough on oxy crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sardonicat wrote: »

@NewRed, what were they proposing to do to you at the hospital?

They wanted to test me for Covid and then operate on me. I've no idea what the operation would have been. I have absolutely tiny boobs so maybe something along that line or I could have asked could they put my wisdom tooth back in just to see if the dentist cops it next time I pop in. I missed out really. Shudda gone for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

NewRed2 wrote: »
    They wanted to test me for Covid and then operate on me. I've no idea what the operation would have been. I have absolutely tiny boobs so maybe something along that line or I could have asked could they put my wisdom tooth back in just to see if the dentist cops it next time I pop in. I missed out really. Shudda gone for it.

" We have rebuilt him..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sardonicat wrote: »
    " We have rebuilt him..."

:D

It's a good business model really. The Del-Boy salesman-esque way for private hospitals to make more money. Just ring round people asking them to pop in for an operation. That's the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

NewRed2 wrote: »

Did they have your name? Or was it just wrong number?
    I got a letter recently for my son saying sorry he was on a waiting list for an ENT consultant for so long.
    I was like Eh? This is news to me. I got his GP secretary to sort it.
    I should have advertised his slot on done deal...although the slot probably wouldn't come anytimesoon :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty, his job, not your problem for now, suggested edits etc when he's finished

The pain is not really any better, switching meds tomorrow, long enough on oxy crap..

That is true, he's sent me a pic now so at least I know he's at it, though in his defence, he was working this morning so there's only so much he can do. It will all be fine :)

Hope the pain eases off soon Grem, and I hope the new meds tomorrow help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A helicopter spent about 30 mins hovering over my neighborhood in the middle of the night so will be hitting the leaba early.
    And that's the news for today. Bye.

• Advertisement

A helicopter spent about 30 mins hovering over my neighborhood in the middle of the night so will be hitting the leaba early.
    And that's the news for today. Bye.

You had a lucky escape this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Coming to you live from my new tech desk. Faster, groovier and smelling so new. It's all about the speed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭thomil

Now delivering bluescreens and unexpected restarts up to 30% quicker :pac:

Seriously, there's nothing like a new desk setup and new gear. Congrats :)

Deskside myself here, burning down the clock. Not quite as shattered as yesterday. Made some tweaks to the way I work and they appear to have taken some off the stress out of my job.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Now delivering bluescreens and unexpected restarts up to 30% quicker :pac:

Seriously, there's nothing like a new desk setup and new gear. Congrats :)

Deskside myself here, burning down the clock. Not quite as shattered as yesterday. Made some tweaks to the way I work and they appear to have taken some off the stress out of my job.

Cheers thomil. I'll never forget my first bluescreen. I thought the world was ending.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭thomil

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cheers thomil. I'll never forget my first bluescreen. I thought the world was ending.:eek:

I always got scared when my dad (mainframe operator and later developer by trade) disappeared into our computer room in our house in Prague with a stack of floppy disks under his arm, as that meant Windows install time :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly, I'll take the horror of a BSOD over that hour-long stream of invective...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a beer, will be having a good few more as I fear a bad result tonight against Serbia. Watching SWAT in the mean time. Hope everyone is well

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Myself and Alfred are back from walk number 4 and I think we’re done for another while.

Today was a great day :) On cloud9 here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Myself and Alfred are back from walk number 4 and I think we’re done for another while.

Ooh, what happened? A handsome man, a surprise surgery or ENT appointment?G'wan tell us all the details.

Couchside, bursting with excitement at the thoughts of a staff wellbeing zoom call tomorrow, with "lots of fun" promised. I'm cringing already. :rolleyes:

Auto do tell.. Keep the place in good cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Beans must be spilled

All ears and know I'm not alone :D

• Advertisement

thomil wrote: »
    I always got scared when my dad (mainframe operator and later developer by trade) disappeared into our computer room in our house in Prague with a stack of floppy disks under his arm, as that meant Windows install time :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly, I'll take the horror of a BSOD over that hour-long stream of invective...

Fortunately my only experience with a BSOD has been dirty RAM, but at the time colleagues were talking about the mother board going into meltdown.:D But so happy that I could get this new set up. Now all I need is more work for it.

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a beer, will be having a good few more as I fear a bad result tonight against Serbia. Watching SWAT in the mean time. Hope everyone is well

Same here. Just back from the shop with a pack. Not expecting a result for us and I have the Wednesday night beers anyway.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Same here. Just back from the shop with a pack. Not expecting a result for us and I have the Wednesday night beers anyway.
    Be shocked if we get a result, but it could be one of those famous nights:)

votecounts wrote: »
    Be shocked if we get a result, but it could be one of those famous nights:)

If it turns into one of those famous nights, then I won't have enough beer in.:D

Away to work so won't be watching thankfully

Away to work so won't be watching thankfully

I doubt you'll miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who’s playing??

My news is for the first time in over a year I got to sit in a room with my mother today :) Great chat was had :) it’s the little things in life that matter :)

Here’s Alfie telling me to hurry on :D

Who’s playing??

My news is for the first time in over a year I got to sit in a room with my mother today :) Great chat was had :) it’s the little things in life that matter :)

You've really taken him to your heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Delighted for you both Auto , no wonder you're on cloud nine , I would be too :)

• Advertisement

Who’s playing??

That's great for you:) Lovely Dog too
    Ireland V Serbia:D
    Listening to Richie Sadlier has me nearly reaching for the spirits, just beer for now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement