Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

Ah no, I just remembered when I saw your username.
    I was hoping there might be a positive lockdown bit of gossip for us :D

Funny you should say that I was actually chatting to that lady today..
    We are now passing books onto each other..but Jaysus dont hold your breath !!

I think she is just being friendly..
    She isnt coping with lockdown too well..
    She lost her job, feck me I thought she was going to cry..

( I have that effect on females, in a bad way )

Having said that if she had a t shirt on saying
    'Ride Me'..I still wouldn't have a clue !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't doubt yourself. That sounds positive. It might blossom into something beyond a mobile library yet :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

4Ad wrote: »
    Funny you should say that I was actually chatting to that lady today..
    We are now passing books onto each other..but Jaysus dont hold your breath !!

I think she is just being friendly..
    She isnt coping with lockdown too well..
    She lost her job, feck me I thought she was going to cry..

( I have that effect on females, in a bad way )

Having said that if she had a t shirt on saying
    'Ride Me'..I still wouldn't have a clue !!

Starts with a book and ends in a marriage ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »

I was just thinking out of acorns oak trees grow!.

Autosport wrote: »

Fecking hope not !!
    I tried that craic once !!!

• Advertisement

I was just thinking out of acorns oak trees grow!.

I'd be more a seedling though !!
    As a lad I used to work with said...
    "You have the body of a 15 year old,but thd head of a 50 year old "...
    Funny fecker is right though !!

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Maybe they've met in the middle now? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

24 hours in a day, and it’s guaranteed that my work time will coincide with any rugby match that I want to watch. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

After a week of dealing with a hormonal 13yo daughter...daddy will be watching ireland in the rugby with a beer or 2 today

• Advertisement

Nearly bedtime for me.. Hoping I sleep, me brain seems wilful..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hi ho hi hi it’s off to the woods we go :D The boss has decided he wants to go to the woods, nothing to do with the fact his girlfriend lives beside it :D and yes Alfie has a girlfriend :D

Alfie doesn't waste any time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a coffee. Had a tough week as I had to ring 2 graduates that we would have to delay their start date as Business is quiet due to the fact that we do a lot of payroll services for clients and they've been decimated by covid as well as other services. Hopefully we'll be able to hire them at some stage, Anyway enough bad news how's everyone getting on? Looking forward to the rugby myself, might involve a beer or twelve:)
    Later all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a coffee. Had a tough week as I had to ring 2 graduates that we would have to delay their start date as Business is quiet due to the fact that we do a lot of payroll services for clients and they've been decimated by covid as well as other services. Hopefully we'll be able to hire them at some stage, Anyway enough bad news how's everyone getting on? Looking forward to the rugby myself, might involve a beer or twelve:)
    Later all

The plan is also beer and rugby. I'm repeating the method of starting a beer before kick off so the Irish team don't drive me to drink. It worked against Scotland.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The plan is also beer and rugby. I'm repeating the method of starting a beer before kick off so the Irish team don't drive me to drink. It worked against Scotland.:D

I have some Left Hand nitro milk stout & Leann Folláin....I'm tempted to start now watching the turgid mess that is Scotland v Italy

Coffee time in Chez Frost.

I miss Dave and Duvet about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting ready to fire up the barbecue here. I know its a bit cold for it but the variation is welcome.

Coffee time in Chez Frost.

I miss Dave and Duvet about the place.

I'm here all the time Diamonds, keeping an eye on ye all lol. Honestly I just have nothing to post about, I'm back in the office tf because I hated being at the kitchen table, I got a brief 2 week break from my own work to do something very different and even though it was still stressful it definitely came at the right time as I was cracking up from the stress and constantly being ridiculously busy but I'm back to square one now. I've come so close to packing it in but it's not an option tbh, I genuinely pray to the lotto Gods every week, something's got to give hopefully.

Anyway that's why I don't post, I don't want to be a constant moany cow. Today I did about 5 loads of washing, hung them out but not much drying there so they'll have to go in the dryer, my washing machine and dishwasher both packed up in the last 3 weeks, ffs, my wine consumption is practically nil, a glass most nights but I seem to fall asleep at the drop of a hat these days, I'm missing half of every programme I try to watch, oh and my SKY has gone and they can't come out for 2 weeks so I'm using the dodgy stick thingy, no more news.☺️

So did Mam have a sausage roll last night or was she ' cleaning floors ', hard to keep up with her.😂

Duvet, fess up. You're off in a sun paradise with Ted :)
    Seph must be heartbroken.
    I'm going back to my own office next week,can't bloods wait. I'm not cut out for wfh.
    Hang in there girl!

• Advertisement

Duvet, fess up. You're off in a sun paradise with Ted :)
    Seph must be heartbroken.
    I'm going back to my own office next week,can't bloods wait. I'm not cut out for wfh.
    Hang in there girl!

Tedo is playing hard to get tbh, I may need to find a new victim. Sephers took off with a younger model ,they're all the same tbh. Lol

Sorry Mam, computer says no.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Long lazy lie-in earlier, did a bit of laundry and now sitting down in my favourite chair to wat h the rugby match.

Come on Ireland!! :D☘️☘️☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

couchside with a beer watching the matchm c'mon Ireland:)

Half time. Gonna saute the mushrooms and onions for my dinner later. The mash is done already.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, playing games, waiting on my dinner

Spent most of yesterday denying/approving member requests/deleting posts that were marked as sold/deleting posts and blocking people that had broken the rules, in the Facebook group that I'm a moderator of.

Got some feedback from the other Admin in the group, who took me on. Said I was doing great, great to hear as I wasn't sure how I was doing/didn't want to upset anyone :D

Almost trundle time for moi. What's the story on the rugby?

Almost trundle time for moi. What's the story on the rugby?

32-18 to Ireland.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    32-18 to Ireland.

G your pre-drinking is working!

• Advertisement

G your pre-drinking is working!

I drink to drive them instead of them driving me to drink.:D Stay cool on the trundle. I'm hoping Mrs G joins me for a bottle of Canadian and some tunes. Looking good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement