Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

bubblypop wrote: »
    So hard to get rid of that smell Auto!
    You can buy special shampoo especially for fox poop 😂

Thanks for that, good to know :) I found some Pantene shampoo so that’s what I used

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are we getting married, MO4?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time to do some cleaning so I can justify lazing about later ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lunch break in the middle of another very busy day working from home.

On a positive note, my OH and I first met 20 years ago today (well, it was actually tonight :cool:) - where have the past two decades gone? Because of Lockdown 3 we can’t really do anything this weekend to mark the occasion but plan to once things open up a bit more. :) 💕

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Are we getting married, MO4?

I think due to the current restrictions , the best option is to wait until next year PM .
    ( in other words I didn't even win €3 :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think due to the current restrictions , the best option is to wait until next year PM .
    ( in other words I didn't even win €3 :pac: )

I did a QP online last night after you reminding us here (promoting gambling!).
    I won

Zero.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Slaving away.

I have become allergic to the internet recently... how's everyone?

Happy Anniversary to you both Jupiterkid :)

PM , we share the same kind of luck it seems !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside. Slaving away.

I have become allergic to the internet recently... how's everyone?

Was wondering where you got to, I'd paged you yesterday but can't remember why now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :) Dog rolled in fox poo, the smell is unreal :( someone is getting himself a bath. Happy babysitting :D

Would vinegar and water in a spray bottle neutralise the smell? I'm sure I've seen something along those lines. Maybe a gallon of Febreeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Was wondering where you got to, I'd paged you yesterday but can't remember why now :o

Paged???? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Paged???? :D:D:D

"Get a life, get a minicall"

Unashamedly old school yo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Morning all :)Dog rolled in fox poo, the smell is unreal :( someone is getting himself a bath. Happy babysitting :D

Eeeoowwww ! :eek:

You cant call Darling Alfie 'Dog' :D

Did anyone ever use one of the service station dog washes ?

( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82901228 )

Often wondered what they do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Imagine trying to explain what a minicall was to a teenager today :P

0lddog wrote: »
    Eeeoowwww ! :eek:

You cant call Darling Alfie 'Dog' :D

Did anyone ever use one of the service station dog washes ?

( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82901228 )

Often wondered what they do

The way he was smelling he was no little darling :D

We’re waiting on the rain to stop to go for another little ramble :) Bat dog :D

I recall (hah) seeing a video of some teens trying to operate a rotary phone. The befuddlement was priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I have one lying around at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I still have a work pager. They never asked for it back, but it doesn't do anything so I'm not sure what I have it for. Could stick it in one of those time capsules.

Bought myself a pair of wellies and wore them on our evening stroll and by jaysus my feet and legs are killing me, no support whatsoever :( Need a foot massage if anyone is offering ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Happy anniversary, Jupiter!

Auto, I hope you didn't wash Alfie with human shampoo, it can be harsh on their skin.

I notice Mam and PM didn't mention me when talking about getting married.

*sniff*

Kowloon, long time no see, I hope all is well.

Couchside, listening to the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bought myself a pair of wellies and wore them on our evening stroll and by jaysus my feet and legs are killing me, no support whatsoever :( Need a foot massage if anyone is offering ;):D

A good pair of hiking boots Auto will do the trick. Great support and brill in the muck and wet once they're waterproof. My current boots are Hi-Tec. Bought them nearly 5 years ago for around 150 quid and they are still going strong. Wellies are just for sauntering around when you are up to your knees in crap. Go with a decent hiking boot. Do it for Alfie. He'll thank you.:) Even in Summer they are packed full of support. Sorry. No foot massage, but I'd recommend a soak in a basin of hot water and tea tree oil. Can't beat it!

I got my first pager in 1992 from Pageboy as my work was on the move. But I still needed to find a phone if the voice message was to call someone.:eek: I remember mad nights in pubs when it beeped and struggling to listen to the message and then shouting down the pay phone.:D A minicall was high tech stuff compared.:D Thankfully I got a huge mobile phone in 1995. Such luxury.:)

Auto, I hope you didn't wash Alfie with human shampoo, it can be harsh on their skin.

*sniff*

I'm kinda relying on all three of you tying the knot so I can pitch the TV idea.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm kinda relying on all three of you tying the knot so I can pitch the TV idea.

Car crash TV no doubt! :pac:

Car crash TV no doubt! :pac:

The best kind.:D And we'll put you all in a Villa in Ibiza to liven things up!

*sniff*

We were hoping you'd chime in and say you'd won enough money to pay for the wedding Leggy !

In other news, I'm enjoying my Wednesday night beers and cheap ones too! Only €1 a pop in Tescos. Canadian. Mrs G got me into them as she was a frequent visitor to Canada many moons ago. It's not bad at all. About to hit zoom to London.

We're having takeaway tonight, just ordered! Delighted with ourselves :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    We were hoping you'd chime in and say you'd won enough money to pay for the wedding Leggy !

Not even €2, still hopeful for Friday though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Bedtime. Early nights doing me the world of good. You know what they say about your beauty sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement